Malcolm Ebiowei

Rammy03

On 29/07/2022 at 15:54, LazloW said:

Does it have to be this black and white? Could it be that, with Plange they were a nice club trying to help us out and then with Malcolm they were a nasty club trying to make a killing?   I can appreciate Palace giving us the money up front for Plange and letting him stay and be annoyed that they’ve only offered £30,000 for Malcolm.

I think there is room in life for subtlety and context, areas of grey and reacting to different circumstances differently.

Palace paid money for Plange becaus he was under contract. generosity didn't come into it. When they could have offered decent compensation for Ebiowei they didn't. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Palace paid money for Plange becaus he was under contract. generosity didn't come into it. When they could have offered decent compensation for Ebiowei they didn't. 

The ‘helping out’ came in the form of paying us up front and allowing him to stay on loan to the end of the season. 

59 minutes ago, LazloW said:

The ‘helping out’ came in the form of paying us up front and allowing him to stay on loan to the end of the season. 

Well all of that was because they had to deal with us to get the player... or else someone else would have offered similar. There is nothing they did that wasn't for commercial advantage to Palace. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well all of that was because they had to deal with us to get the player... or else someone else would have offered similar. There is nothing they did that wasn't for commercial advantage to Palace. 

Ok.

On 31/07/2022 at 19:50, LazloW said:

The administrators wouldn't have sold him if it wasn't cash up front.

Regarding how much we'll get for Ebiowei, it'll probably be £500k guaranteed, with appearance add-ons, and international caps. The decision will take some time to be concluded. If he forces himself into the Palace first team in the meantime, there's a chance the figure will be much higher.

17 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Blimey. Plange and Ebiowei in good company if they are on the same bench as Hughes. 

Doesn't bode well for Hughes that he's still on the bench with Gallagher gone. Never expected him to end up behind Schlupp, for example. 

Ebiowei has got some serious competition to get into that team - they are strong in wide attacking areas - but I'd fancy him to do it. Of all the young players to come through Derby recently he just seemed to have that bit more about him. 

4 hours ago, vonwright said:

Doesn't bode well for Hughes that he's still on the bench with Gallagher gone. Never expected him to end up behind Schlupp, for example. 

Ebiowei has got some serious competition to get into that team - they are strong in wide attacking areas - but I'd fancy him to do it. Of all the young players to come through Derby recently he just seemed to have that bit more about him. 

Hughes another over hyped player .... 

It made me laugh that Palace was able to line up with Ebiowei, Plange and Will Hughes in their U21 side.

Ebiowei is looking like a very special talent indeed. I can only assume that Rangers and Arsenal didn't see what they had, personally I thought that he may have hit some form in a bad team but he's putting it together quickly now.