Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We should go back to the days of clambering up to sit in the rafters, a la Carrow Rd on relegation day, May 1980.

Great view, bothering nobody... but that vandal grease never did come out!  ?

I woke up covered in that after a night out about 30 years ago.  Not a clue ?????  I can vaguely remember attempting to take a shortcut home through the middle of Pentagon Island and by the time I got to the centre the vegetation was about 7 ft high and like a bog.  Took about an hour to find my way out. Then the vandal paint. Not a great end to the evening. ?

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m waiting for the day football stadiums introduce first class sections of the ground so I can lie down and perhaps even have a 15 minute snooze in between halves. 

Bet they've got that at Man City and Spurs somewhere.  Probably a masseuse with complimentary whale music and lava lamps to reduce the stress when a goals conceded as an optional extra.

I’m a wheelchair user and have to miss some away matches because I know that I won’t see some or all of the pitch because I know fans will be standing in the area in front of me (due to inadequate facilities that the clubs’ know they have but often won’t do anything about unless forced to).

If I or the person I’m with asks others to sit we are usually given verbal abuse (even though we’re all there for the same reason, to watch & support Derby).

Standing in seated areas IS selfish (and sometimes arrogance). @B4ev6is please think of others that cannot or don’t want to stand (or be forced to stand because everyone else is).

I also don’t understand the notion that the atmosphere is only better because people stand. As someone who likes to chant etc. I can tell you that it can still be enjoyable sitting down.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well have seen accidents from people sitting from sitting down to standing up and then lose there balance going about 10 seats down and them needs amberlance staff.

Were standing your already up and and able to move around a lot easier.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I'd imagine physics would prove that by merely standing up and losing one's balance, it would be nigh on impossible for a human to go tumbling a further 10 rows of seats, without additional intervention.  And I'd include inebriated humans in that... although they may manage to tumble 3 or 4 rows!

It would be much easier to manage nearer to 10 rows if one starts from a standing position, and is encouraged to tumble by a group of others, that are willing to experiment with various forms of pushing and collision techniques.

The odd individual that has gone tumbling down rows of seats is usually down to intoxication, and/or due to standing in a seated area.  I'm not aware of anyone going tumbling down the seats from a seated position.  I'm not, however, claiming that that has never happened.

Many people have been killed and/or injured falling down terraces (standing).
I'd wager a fair few on here have personally experienced the phenomenon of being moved down 10 steps of concrete terracing, without their feet touching the floor.  I doubt any of them have had similar experience when sat in the seats. 

"Safe standing" is deliberately and consciously designed in such a way that the seats are locked away, purely to negate the possibility of falling when standing amongst "Flip-down" seats. 

I'm a big fan of @i-Ram's analogy with cinema seating.  So much so, I gave him a "like", which is not something I am likely to make a habit of!   ?

Edited by Mucker1884

10 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m waiting for the day football stadiums introduce first class sections of the ground so I can lie down and perhaps even have a 15 minute snooze in between halves. 

We tried that a few years back.  I recall nodding off quite a few times.  Must have been around the time Young Nigel was in charge?
I'll Google it, see if it jogs my memory.  

?

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well like at torquay untied was man of the forum he mentioned to my dad he wanted to sit down to bad back having a op for it two lads  behind me in 2os sat down I thought was strange but I sat down lucky no one tall in front of me or beside me as my sat next to me.

So you had a choice of standing on the terrace behind the goal, or sitting in the seated stand...yet are moaning about not being able to stand in the seated stand. 

Life unfortunately doesn't revolve around you and every one of your exact demands. If you want to stand, buy tickets in the designated standing section. If you don't, you can't moan about not being able to stand.

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I was thinking of going to Bolton with my dad (He certainly cant stand up all match) however Given the issue of everybody standing that's two people who wont be able to attend.

Thanks for that ☹️

One way would be if you can get front row tickets on the upper tier (or lower tier if you are not bothered about being at ground level). I managed this at MK, though there were still people standing in this row!  It is a big problem and although I don't mind standing when on my own, there is no way I can take my dad or wife to away games unless we go in the home end, which I have done on a couple of occasions.

21 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

One way would be if you can get front row tickets on the upper tier (or lower tier if you are not bothered about being at ground level). I managed this at MK, though there were still people standing in this row!  It is a big problem and although I don't mind standing when on my own, there is no way I can take my dad or wife to away games unless we go in the home end, which I have done on a couple of occasions.

Absolutely, and then there might well be other people sat in the seat you have reserved for yourself. Its really not fair, and football needs to sort this out. I'm all for a safe standing area at grounds, but standing in seated areas is unsafe and not fair on people who cannot stand. Its actually bullying and its keeping people away.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Happy to be proved wrong, but I'd imagine physics would prove that by merely standing up and losing one's balance, it would be nigh on impossible for a human to go tumbling a further 10 rows of seats, without additional intervention.  And I'd include inebriated humans in that... although they may manage to tumble 3 or 4 rows!

It would be much easier to manage nearer to 10 rows if one starts from a standing position, and is encouraged to tumble by a group of others, that are willing to experiment with various forms of pushing and collision techniques.

The odd individual that has gone tumbling down rows of seats is usually down to intoxication, and/or due to standing in a seated area.  I'm not aware of anyone going tumbling down the seats from a seated position.  I'm not, however, claiming that that has never happened.

Many people have been killed and/or injured falling down terraces (standing).
I'd wager a fair few on here have personally experienced the phenomenon of being moved down 10 steps of concrete terracing, without their feet touching the floor.  I doubt any of them have had similar experience when sat in the seats. 

"Safe standing" is deliberately and consciously designed in such a way that the seats are locked away, purely to negate the possibility of falling when standing amongst "Flip-down" seats. 

I'm a big fan of @i-Ram's analogy with cinema seating.  So much so, I gave him a "like", which is not something I am likely to make a habit of!   ?

Well I have seen it happen but I know sounds odd but I have seen it.