Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

9 hours ago, Foreveram said:

By the end of tomorrow we’ll know how many tickets have been sold in the first priority, currently for the Charlton game 300 have been sold and for Mansfield 234. I’ve previously stated I’m fairly certain the first category will be less than 1,000 and probably more like 500. Them down the road have created a special category for fans that went to at least 80% of the away games last year and they number 400. 

Have you physically counted these? I would appreciate an update tomorrow evening,  so I know where we are placed for future matches.

I definitely can't buy yet, I tried! ?

Just another point, not for myself really, because I should be okay for most games, but surely this loyalty system is self-perpetuating? 

Cos if you're down the pecking order for last season but find your circumstances have changed and you want to go to every game this season  you won't be able to get tickets. 

So next season  you start down the pecking order again.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just another point, not for myself really, because I should be okay for most games, but surely this loyalty system is self-perpetuating? 

Cos if you're down the pecking order for last season but find your circumstances have changed and you want to go to every game this season  you won't be able to get tickets. 

I'm buying a membership for this season after no away games in 20/21 to get on the ladder 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Have you physically counted these? I would appreciate an update tomorrow evening,  so I know where we are placed for future matches.

I definitely can't buy yet, I tried! ?

Yes, too much time on my hands ?. I will have a count up tomorrow but I would have thought most people that wanted them would get them today.

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

There will be several matches that new members will be able to go to, probably including the first away game at Charlton. I’m fairly certain that we haven’t got 3,000 members that have been to 5+ away games 

12 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Charlton and Mansfield sorted. Clicked on as soon as they went on sale, already an area not available, presumably for supporters club.

9 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

How do fans in these supporters clubs get their tickets?

Is it the case you can be a member of a supporter club but not be an away member, and have a better chance of getting tickets?

Or is it sort your own ticket and they provide the transport?

Don't forget club employees get 1st dibs on tickets, players, groundstaff etc for definite..... if they take up their allocation then that could easily be a couple of hundred.

Spoke to a guy on hol that had tickets before general sale thru this route and historically a mate lived next door to a player had the option of getting them thru him

56 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

What's stopping you buying an away ticket and not go , sell ticket to some one else so to keep on the top phase?

Ticket harvesting got so bad with Scotland that the SFA made fans pick up your ticket at a set place in the away city  / town and you had to show photographic proof. 

They still do this periodically to deter harvesting. 

1 no show and your away points were set to zero. 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

There will be several matches that new members will be able to go to, probably including the first away game at Charlton. I’m fairly certain that we haven’t got 3,000 members that have been to 5+ away games 

After 20 plus away games

19 away games 

Then plus 10 games

Then new away members and general sale.

7 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Ticket harvesting got so bad with Scotland that the SFA made fans pick up your ticket at a set place in the away city  / town and you had to show photographic proof. 

They still do this periodically to deter harvesting. 

1 no show and your away points were set to zero. 

Same as for Wales games. I was ranked 2000 until ticket collection now 750ish

My lad couldn't get an away ticket for years until fans had to collect in person

7 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Can’t really see that happening apart from the odd one or two, wasn’t much of an issue getting tickets last season.

Despite the lower level, this season will likely see lower ticket allocations, folk wanting to visit "new-to-me-grounds", and hopefully us winning a fair quota of away games.
Last season was more for the "Die-Hard"... for which they (and you) are (rightly, imo) being rewarded this season, with the set priority.

I suspect we'll see a healthy number of away day sell outs this season, even in a meh mid-table scenario.  ?

10 hours ago, angieram said:

It’s a good point. I guess all folk can do, if they want to get to the top priority group (and assuming demand exceeds supply for the foreseeable future) is to try and move up a category (or two) each year (or two). 

For people like me that only attend 3 - 5 away games a year (maybe a couple more this year to make up for a light one last season) we’ll just have to accept we’re near the bottom of the pecking order. It certainly doesn’t benefit me but kind of feels like the fairest method. Certainly better than the limited away membership lottery system Forest seem to be implementing.

I decided to buy away membership after much thought, more to support the club as much as anything as I don't expect it to give me much advantage in getting a ticket for the more limited allocations..

I only managed to get to four away games last season, two of which tickets were bought from the home club, so there is no record of these on the DCFC site. The two games I would most like to attend are Lincoln (as I lived there for a while) and Port Vale (my most local game). I'm hoping it should not not be a problem due to Lincoln being mid week and Port Vale having a large away allocation (I can always get a ticket in the home end if needs be).  Some of the local NW games will be a problem e.g. Fleetwood, but I cannot begrudge those that stuck by us last season being ahead in the queue. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Despite the lower level, this season will likely see lower ticket allocations, folk wanting to visit "new-to-me-grounds", and hopefully us winning a fair quota of away games.
Last season was more for the "Die-Hard"... for which they (and you) are (rightly, imo) being rewarded this season, with the set priority.

I suspect we'll see a healthy number of away day sell outs this season, even in a meh mid-table scenario.  ?

I Kew Bruce Willis was a ram, that's why a white tshirt all time