New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He would be a good signing at League One level. I didn't realise he was out of contract - he always used to chip in with a few goals in the Championship but always seemed to be in and out of the team. We definitely need wingers so could be a smart pick up!

Had a trial at Reading recently and was let go, so he's a realistic option for a L1 club despite his £11m fee 4 years ago.

Good age at 27 and, if his attitude is right, should have a point to prove still.

If he is on trial I think it's more to assess his character and hunger, rather than his ability necessarily.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Had a trial at Reading recently and was let go, so he's a realistic option for a L1 club despite his £11m fee 4 years ago.

Good age at 27 and, if his attitude is right, should have a point to prove still.

If he is on trial I think it's more to assess his character and hunger, rather than his ability necessarily.

Yeah, makes sense. Hard to think he's not going to be a viable option for us in L1 but maybe an incentive structured deal would work best for us. 

28 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Was it Josh Murphy or Jacob Murhpy who moved for 11 million?

Turns out it was Josh.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

The important thing for me is he's predominantly left sided so will bring greater balance to the team, since our other options prefer the right (or middle).

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

Apparently Reading are under a stricter EFL financial limitations than us and finding v difficult to sign players so that may have been a reason that they didn’t follow this up ? 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Apparently Reading are under a stricter EFL financial limitations than us and finding v difficult to sign players so that may have been a reason that they didn’t follow this up ? 

Although they have signed Hendrick and Shane along. Doubt Murphy would of demanded higher wages than them two 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Or they have used up the wages on those 2 ? I doubt we will ever know. 
If the lads head is in the right place ability wise would be a good signing for L1 

I presume these are loans yeh?...if so Newcastle and Southampton will be bunging Reading a big % of the wages

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I presume these are loans yeh?...if so Newcastle and Southampton will be bunging Reading a big % of the wages

Hendrick is a loan, Long was a free transfer. Could see Newcastle being willing to cover a lot of Hendrick's, seeing as he's no real chance of getting a look in at them. Long might be willing to take less for sentimental reasons.

4 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

LR said hopefully towards the end of the week there could be some new arrivals coming in ??

I think we are covered through the middle of the park, another right back and a wide man are needed though imo (plus Fozzy).