New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Why not ? 

Honestly (because I feel the same) It’s an illogical random feeling coupled with unreasonable bias.   I just don’t like the look of him or his demeanour on the field. A good player without a doubt. Just something off about him for me that I can’t explain 

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I can see Coventry spending some of their O'Hare money on Sibley, then they might move for Bird if Hamer goes

Coventry shouldn't be able to afford Bird and Sibley, I would be very disappointed if it happened.

For most of the new signings, we've gone tor experienced players in the 30-34 age bracket which is understandable given our aim must be to get back into the Championship at the earliest opportunity. However, if we were to sell the likes of Max Bird (and Sibley if he fulfills his undoubted potential) then, assuming we do get promoted this season, it will be difficult to replace them next season given that we will still be having to operate under a restrictive business plan. 

We need to keep those two since they should be an important part of our future.

18 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Do we think CKR could be interested in a role with U23’s as over age coach/player and emergency player if needed.

Think it was common in the PL2/U23’s such as McShane for Manu I think.

CKR’s kid is in Burton’s academy and he’s put some money into their set up there. Person who told me thought he’d be going there - admittedly this was several months ago. Wouldn’t have shocked me at the time. 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

CKR’s kid is in Burton’s academy and he’s put some money into their set up there. Person who told me thought he’d be going there - admittedly this was several months ago. Wouldn’t have shocked me at the time. 

I can see CZR at Burton. He can stay local and would be a big player for them.

I know alot of people mention Cashin as a regular starter, but imo I would go with Chester & Davies.

So, if that was to happen and we sign both Forsyth & Koiki, could we be using Roberts as 4th choice CB and potentially loan Cashin out so he can get a full season playing elsewhere rather than being 4th choice with us?

Only reason I can think of to have 2 left backs plus Roberts.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know alot of people mention Cashin as a regular starter, but imo I would go with Chester & Davies.

So, if that was to happen and we sign both Forsyth & Koiki, could we be using Roberts as 4th choice CB and potentially loan Cashin out so he can get a full season playing elsewhere rather than being 4th choice with us?

I'd play Cashin.

First name on the team sheet for me.

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wouldn’t loan him out.  We’ll have 50+ games this season with L1, papa johns and entering the cups in the early rounds.  Even if he’s not first choice against Oxford I can see him starting 20-odd games this season.

If Cashin doesn’t play basically every game he’s available for this season, we may as well give up and close the academy.  We’ll never get a better chance to bring youngsters on than this season - a complete rebuild, at a level below where we’re expected to be.  And Cashin has the shirt already, it’s not like he’s got to force his way into the team from nowhere.

15 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I wouldn’t loan him out.  We’ll have 50+ games this season with L1, papa johns and entering the cups in the early rounds.  Even if he’s not first choice against Oxford I can see him starting 20-odd games this season.

Or he could play 40+ elsewhere? Surely that would be better for him.

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If Cashin doesn’t play basically every game he’s available for this season, we may as well give up and close the academy.  We’ll never get a better chance to bring youngsters on than this season - a complete rebuild, at a level below where we’re expected to be.  And Cashin has the shirt already, it’s not like he’s got to force his way into the team from nowhere.

This season more than most is where we need experience to try and get out the league first time of asking. Last season was the season to play the youngsters which we did. Just dont think Cashin & Thompson are ready to be playing week in week out for us.

Cashin has less than the equivalent of 15 league games experience under his belt, and is only 20, why do fans expect him to be a regular starter over someone like Chester who has bags of experience.

Edited by DCFC1388