New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

I think this one might cry.  Please talk to me about wages when your paying the equivalent of Frank Fielding 110k a week.  He got called up to the England  squad as well.  Those millions you keep telling us about won't go far - throw in that 20 million in promotion bonus payments as well. Not a guess by the way it was averaging 500k a piece in 2007, including for those out on loan who get it as well. You'll be skint in a month. 

58 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The influx of signings remind me of the summer of 2008 when we came back down to the Championship and we signed over 10 players on free agents but with bigger wages than the competition.

One difference here though is the length of contract. Offering one and two year deals is smart.

Bringing Hulse in for Earnshaw, what a smart deal that was back then ?

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think this one might cry.  Please talk to me about wages when your paying the equivalent of Frank Fielding 110k a week.  He got called up to the England  squad as well.  Those millions you keep telling us about won't go far - throw in that 20 million in promotion bonus payments as well. Not a guess by the way it was averaging 500k a piece in 2007, including for those out on loan who get it as well. You'll be skint in a month. 

Their transfer business is nowhere near good this summer. Getting a reserve player of Bayern who had some decent performances for Reading before for €12 mio - impressive. 

4 minutes ago, GermanRam said:

Their transfer business is nowhere near good this summer. Getting a reserve player of Bayern who had some decent performances for Reading before for €12 mio - impressive. 

Saddo of Bristol is back over chatting with them this afternoon as well. 

Would be nice to see some of the online idiots in their fanbase learn a bit of humility. I wonder if other club owners will be onto the EFL about a few of these signings- Couhig and compensation, radio silence there but I doubt Derby can just ignore it.

Reportedly too they're going to FIFA in pursuit of compensation for the Lee Buchanan move. Wonder if they're up to date with the Jozwiak overdue instalment(s) yet??

A thought too, given the Retained list showed a number of young players fast tracked- not that Derby themselves have published it, only one of the 92 not to, but on the EFL site it showed their several senior players and a host of younger ones.

Should the Embargo not be Professional Standing, thereby counting the bulk of them towards a 23 man squad. Seems mad that they appear to be under looser restrictions than last summer given the exit from Insolvency.

Wondering at what point other owners will be into the EFL about Derby again, this time League 1.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Would be nice to see some of the online idiots in their fanbase learn a bit of humility. I wonder if other club owners will be onto the EFL about a few of these signings- Couhig and compensation, radio silence there but I doubt Derby can just ignore it.

Reportedly too they're going to FIFA in pursuit of compensation for the Lee Buchanan move. Wonder if they're up to date with the Jozwiak overdue instalment(s) yet??

A thought too, given the Retained list showed a number of young players fast tracked- not that Derby themselves have published it, only one of the 92 not to, but on the EFL site it showed their several senior players and a host of younger ones.

Should the Embargo not be Professional Standing, thereby counting the bulk of them towards a 23 man squad. Seems mad that they appear to be under looser restrictions than last summer given the exit from Insolvency.

Wondering at what point other owners will be into the EFL about Derby again, this time League 1.

enhanced-21816-1426788204-1.webp.a4641110fe6704578236909797bf7354.webp

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Please please please stop posting the tripe that t*** spouts... or at least put some kind of cretin alert on it! ?

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If it's true that Boro wanted McGoldrick can we expect yet another lawsuit from Gibson if they miss out on the playoffs this season?

No doubt he will be on to the EFL to make sure we don't go a penny over the agreed business plan, which, after the last couple of years upheaval i very much doubt that we would. We want the EFL off our back not under more scrutiny.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

No doubt he will be on to the EFL to make sure we don't go a penny over the agreed business plan, which, after the last couple of years upheaval i very much doubt that we would. We want the EFL off our back not under more scrutiny.

Nope because were in league one and perhaps he saw right through gibson and said no I going to derby to help them out.

Presumably FFFB is also bemoaning Leeds and Leicester no? I mean, didn’t they absolve themselves of all financial recompense when they went into administration? Leicester eventually won a league title off the back of that. Leeds got back into the Premier League. On the other hand we ended up in League 1. If he’s such a moral crusader why ain’t he venting his bile their way? I mean, it’s amusing an’ all, but it can’t be good for his blood pressure….! ?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

The influx of signings remind me of the summer of 2008 when we came back down to the Championship and we signed over 10 players on free agents but with bigger wages than the competition.

One difference here though is the length of contract. Offering one and two year deals is smart.

Would have thought that with being on a business plan for Two years we couldn't offer longer.

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I do find it rather ironic that some members of this forum are obsessed with someone who is obsessed with us ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Don’t think anyone is obsessed here- it’s an interesting point of note that on Bristol forum (and others) there are obsessive people about DCFC. It’s funny although at least one of them may have mental issues as it’s not normal to join many boards to bang on about Derby. Really bizarre. 
Crazy how people think Derby have ‘got away’ with anything as well. It really is a distorted reality when people know only half truths and Chinese whispers. 

11 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But we didn't clear the debt, we paid the minimum wanted to avoid a 15 point deduction.

Well tell me how come radio derby said we are debt free that would not be the case If we still owed people money which we dont.