New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

15 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

6pm tweet incoming. 

NML’s interview video

Definitely looked an afternoon of scheduled tweets from the social media team. Next up at 7pm, do we go live or is it the additional deals rumoured from yesterday?

Icing on the cake would be Chester and Hourihane, two players I've always rated very highly. Surely both too good for League One?

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Definitely looked an afternoon of scheduled tweets from the social media team. Next up at 7pm, do we go live or is it the additional deals rumoured from yesterday?

Icing on the cake would be Chester and Hourihane, two players I've always rated very highly. Surely both too good for League One?

Hourihane would be such a good signing at this level that it just can’t happen. It’s just not a Derby thing to do.

Chester I’m less impressed with, mostly due to his age/pace. Mind you, Curtis has shown that it’s not all down to your engine type.

I do hope we are going to try and combine these older, more experienced signings with some younger talent, though. There are plenty of players, even in the National League, that a decent scouting department could uncover. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Hourihane would be such a good signing at this level that it just can’t happen. It’s just not a Derby thing to do.

Chester I’m less impressed with, mostly due to his age/pace. Mind you, Curtis has shown that it’s not all down to your engine type.

I do hope we are going to try and combine these older, more experienced signings with some younger talent, though. There are plenty of players, even in the National League, that a decent scouting department could uncover. 

We haven’t got a scouting department yet have we so unlikely in the short term ?

3 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

How many more do we need to be competitive? 

How many more are we allowed to sign?

If the EFL only allow us 25 "permitted" players - and that includes anyone on the books who's played 3 or more games at L1 or above; and if we re-sign as many from last season; how many does that leave?  Is that where the figure of "10" came from a couple of days ago?

We need to be selective, hence a quality striker, so Collins please. He'll score every week with Mendez-Laing supplying him ?

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

That's the thing with Hourianne, he is too good for this level, I was crying out for us to sign him from Barnsley, a steal at 1 million.

To get him now in league 1 would be great.

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

I've been told Brighton want to help Liam if they can. Evan Ferguson is a possibility this season, he's played three first team games and unlikely to get an opportunity next season. They have Deniz Undav, a January signing loaned back to the Belgium club and a chasing other strikers.

How many academy players do they want in return.

7 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

I've been told Brighton want to help Liam if they can. Evan Ferguson is a possibility this season, he's played three first team games and unlikely to get an opportunity next season. They have Deniz Undav, a January signing loaned back to the Belgium club and a chasing other strikers.

They can help us by loaning us Matt Clarke again if they so desire. 

14 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

They bought Undav for around £6m, surely at 25 they wont loan him to us? He did score 27 in 41 games last season though.

In regards to Ferguson at 17, I think I would prefer to give Cybulski or Stretton a chance. If we're to loan a striker I would prefer someone with abit more 1st team experience like Simms or Jebbison

Edited by DCFC1388