New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

Whoever it is, i   just hope their is some experience, this is hell of a job to take on, hardly a good advert, club up in the air, no guarantee of existence, players asking if their contracts are still valid so they can change to try and leave , and the players that are left are very little of them

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-manager-rosenior-rooney-7255166

Assistant manager Liam Rosenior has been installed as the early favourite by bookmaker Betfair. However, Rooney has suggested that if it was up to him, he would appoint a fresh face who have not been involved in all the recent upheaval within the club, which would rule out his number two.

"Personally, I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by the events that have happened over the last 18 months," said Rooney in a statement.

I agree with Rooney.

Nigel Clough had a knack of spotting a player at Derby, players who then went on to improve massively under new coaching.

However, since he left Derby, has this trend continued at his other clubs or was it just a one off at Derby?

10 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-manager-rosenior-rooney-7255166

Assistant manager Liam Rosenior has been installed as the early favourite by bookmaker Betfair. However, Rooney has suggested that if it was up to him, he would appoint a fresh face who have not been involved in all the recent upheaval within the club, which would rule out his number two.

"Personally, I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by the events that have happened over the last 18 months," said Rooney in a statement.

I agree with Rooney.

That Rooney line makes me think Rosenior is on his way out as well. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The same reason everyone has to go into work on Monday 

So he's not on his way out then. He would have resigned with Rooney if so. I doubt that he's going to be relieved of his duties.

Edited by Rammy03

53 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't understand the obsession with wheeling Warnock out of the retirement home to come here. He's finished.

proven track record can work with low budgets and knows everone in the game we are in big trouble and need a steady hand i would argue they dont come much steadier

4 minutes ago, twinkletoes said:

proven track record can work with low budgets and knows everone in the game we are in big trouble and need a steady hand i would argue they dont come much steadier

He'd make a good sounding board for a rookie owner, on an informal basis. Anything beyond that would attract the wrong sort of attention in regards to his past activities.