BBC Radio Derby - new footie presenter

Bill Curry

So its this guy

Dominic Dietrich from BBC Radio Manchester.

@domjdietrich

Can’t believe I’m writing this but 8 years after joining @BBCDerby as a kickoff reporter, I’m now returning as the new Sports Presenter. The weight of this job at such a critical time for #DCFC isn’t lost on me but I can’t wait to start & follow the top work by @_chriscoles_

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is ed Dawes ok? He deleted his twitter so I've no idea if he's done a Reggie Perrin or he's just focusing on trains for now.

He got a lot of stick, a lot of it uncalled for, although he did tell us the funds had cleared, when they hadn't. Still, Dawes was on OUR side and was only trying to highlight what the issues were.

Social media is frequented by absolute fruit cakes so I don't blame him.

Some of the treatment of him and his mrs on there was bloody rediculous. Some people need a word with themselves.

hes black and white through and through, people should remember that. Hes a fan too that wants the same outcome as the rest of us.

love his commentary and his raw passion on match days .. wouldnt swap it for anything bar graham richards but thats no slight on ed 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He got a lot of stick, a lot of it uncalled for, although he did tell us the funds had cleared, when they hadn't. Still, Dawes was on OUR side and was only trying to highlight what the issues were.

Social media is frequented by absolute fruit cakes so I don't blame him.

I think the mistake he made was bringing up Alonso and the Sheikh in the initial comments.

It was over dramatic and implied something he only suspected but had no proof of. 

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surprised Colin Gibson hasn’t come back full time, thought that seemed the obvious move. Unless he’s going to get his job at the club back.

Rooney did promise those who were let go could come back when everything was settled.

Congratulations Dominic, last I heard you'd headed off from Church Broughton to Plymouth Uni I think it was. Dominic is an exceptional tennis player and coach, and mum was Judy Murray's assistant for a number of years. Not to mention big brother James who was a BBC Junior Newsround reporter covering motor racing at Silverstone.