2022/2023 Fixtures release

Carl Sagan

22 minutes ago, David said:

So then Wayne, your reaction to the fixtures?….erm yeah, erm errrrrm, can I have some players?

Wayne will be back on Monday for 1st day of training.(some teams are already back). Stretford will have players lined up. It will be  a relief for Wazza after 5 weeks of court and holidays to get back and talk about Man Utd.

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Interesting to that our first 2 games after the Premier league shuts down for the world cup, are Portsmouth and Sheff Wed, 2 bankers for tv coverage then.

Oh bankers...I miss read it at 1st ?‍♀️

2 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

Imagine the culture shock when we get Tw*tted by Oxford and everyone that think's we'll walk the league will have to face the reality of the position we're in

I think most will be realistic with their expectations given the current shape of the squad, how long we'll have to wait before being able to name any signings (or extend deals ending this month), and only 5 weeks of prep.

As a Derby based Oxford fan - there was of course two fixtures I was particularly looking out for.
And sods law, I'm on holiday for the first game of the season. Gutting.

We haven't played you since April 1994 and therefore have never played at Pride Park, so I'd expect us to bring a decent following, though the early away game followings are always affected by school holidays.

This league is really tough to call this season. Ipswich and Sheff Weds have strengthened really really well. MK, Pompey, Bolton, Wycombe will all go again. I expect all 3 relegated sides to do well when you guys are eventually allowed to sign players. The 'underdog' type status really seemed to work for Rooney's style last season so I would expect it to do so again.

We haven't done anything yet which is a big concern having lost a couple of players and a third expected to join Burnley in the next few days.

Edited by offthepost

3 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

Imagine the culture shock when we get Tw*tted by Oxford and everyone that think's we'll walk the league will have to face the reality of the position we're in

Hopefully we get some players in by then. We simply have to be trying to win promotion but the longer this drags on the less likely that becomes.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think most will be realistic with their expectations given the current shape of the squad, how long we'll have to wait before being able to name any signings (or extend deals ending this month), and only 5 weeks of prep.

Why is every pre season messed up 

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Hopefully we get some players in by then. We simply have to be trying to win promotion but the longer this drags on the less likely that becomes.

Forget promotion - just dont.  Its all about survival.  Nothing else.