Players Budget 22/23

sage

As we are restricted to 60% of turnover this year, our wage bill will probably be restricted to around £6m a year.

Bieiik, Bird, Sibley, Knight, Byrne, Buchanan and Stretton account for around half of that.

At least 2 of those will have to go if we are to assemble a squad.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

As we are restricted to 60% of turnover this year, our wage bill will probably be restricted to around £6m a year.

Bieiik, Bird, Sibley, Knight, Byrne, Buchanan and Stretton account for around half of that.

Income will be closer to £20m than £10m - it was £30m in the Championship pre-covid.

Wage bill will be £12m a year at 60% 

bielik out on loan. will probably work for both parties. frees up most wages and gives him chance to get in polands WC squad. id also let stretton go. always seems injured and at L1 level hes going to get kicked more. would probably find a freebie ST whod play more and be more of a threat. 

happy with the 2 FB and the 3 midfielders. id like to see a ball winning midfielder centrally with knight and bird, with sibley more advanced 

16 minutes ago, sage said:

As we are restricted to 60% of turnover this year, our wage bill will probably be restricted to around £9m a year.

Bieiik, Bird, Sibley, Knight, Byrne, Buchanan and Stretton account for around third of that.

Edit as i only looked at ticket money first time.

Edited by sage

Bielik will be loaned out to get his wages off the books for a year. I’d hazard a guess his wages are around about the 20k a week mark, our highest remaining earner by a long way and not really feasible to afford whilst in League One. That will be a significant chunk off our remaining wage bill, and will be enough to allow us to build a squad within the restrictions imo.

The others on that list are generally younger players, and I think you’d be surprised how reasonable their current contracts probably are. Some will be on the limit of League One wages I’m sure, but I don’t think it’s impossible we’d be able to afford to keep the rest in theory, if they want to stay.

I think Knight and Buchanan will go and Bird probably deserves a move if he wants one. Bielik to be loaned out.

I imagine that could conservatively raise £3m - £4m assuming there is some level of stability as well as taking between £1m and £2m off the wage bill? A slight shame as with a takeover fully in place we should be looking for more but it is what it is.

Players on existing contracts don't have their full salary count towards the cap, their wages are capped at the average for P&S purposes.

It doesn't mean we can afford to pay them that, obviously. 

It's also 75% for sides just relegated from the Championship, with owners having the ability to top up the revenue - evenery £1 injected is an extra £1 allowable towards wages.

Based on pessimistic revenue figures (£7m gate receipts, £2m TV, £6m other), we'll have a max wage budget under SCMP rules (P&S equivalent for L1/2) of just over £11m.

However, the reality is we would have to sell players or receive funding from someone to get anywhere near that. The £15m is quickly accounted for by stadium costs, training ground costs, and the academy.

We'll be fortunate if we have a first team wage bill exceeding £5m.

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's also 75% for sides just relegated from the Championship, with owners having the ability to top up the revenue - evenery £1 injected is an extra £1 allowable towards wages.

Based on pessimistic revenue figures (£7m gate receipts, £2m TV, £6m other), we'll have a max wage budget under SCMP rules (P&S equivalent for L1/2) of just over £11m.

However, the reality is we would have to sell players or receive funding from someone to get anywhere near that. The £15m is quickly accounted for by stadium costs, training ground costs, and the academy.

Do you think our first team wage bill gets split over 52 weeks? If so that’s just over £96k per week if it’s £5m, meaning an average of just over £4K per week per person if we had a squad of 22 players. I know that’s not how the wage dynamic of a squad would actually be but it’s feasible for us to put some sort of squad together if all the necessary off the field hoops can be jumped through in time.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bieliks going to have to go, isn't he? 

We can't spend a fifth of the budget on one player. 

I reckon Bird, Sibley, Knight and Stretton probably account for another £1.25m between them, of which Knight would probably bring the greatest amount in, while removing around £320k in wages.

Stretton is probably cheap enough in wages costs as it is, in the region of 100k, so should fit the wage structure comfortably, and could be great value for his wage.

That leaves Bird and Sibley, who I reckon pull in around 470k a year each, roughly double the league one average salary limit. Both may have suitors at Championship level, but I wouldn't think would command much beyond a Barker type fee in Birds case, and probably half that for Sibley.

Sibley didn't really have much of a look in last season, impressing in moments rather than matches, but I have a feeling Rooney sees him as Tom Lawrence's replacement, certainly at League One level.

It may be Bird who moves on, after all I think he's proven beyond doubt he's a very good Championship player, and would have numerous suitors already if it wasn't for the pandemic crippling football finances.

If we were to keep Bird, Knight and Sibley, and Stretton, would we be able to create a competitive squad with the remaining £3.75m, spread between another 21 players, which works out at roughly £3.4k a week?

I

33 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Do you think our first team wage bill gets split over 52 weeks? If so that’s just over £96k per week if it’s £5m, meaning an average of just over £4K per week per person if we had a squad of 22 players. I know that’s not how the wage dynamic of a squad would actually be but it’s feasible for us to put some sort of squad together if all the necessary off the field hoops can be jumped through in time.

Pretty much, although any signings proabably won't be until towards the end of the window, so less than 52 weeks for them.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Bieliks going to have to go, isn't he? 

We can't spend a fifth of the budget on one player. 

I reckon Bird, Sibley, Knight and Stretton probably account for another £1.25m between them, of which Knight would probably bring the greatest amount in, while removing around £320k in wages.

Stretton is probably cheap enough in wages costs as it is, in the region of 100k, so should fit the wage structure comfortably, and could be great value for his wage.

That leaves Bird and Sibley, who I reckon pull in around 470k a year each, roughly double the league one average salary limit. Both may have suitors at Championship level, but I wouldn't think would command much beyond a Barker type fee in Birds case, and probably half that for Sibley.

Sibley didn't really have much of a look in last season, impressing in moments rather than matches, but I have a feeling Rooney sees him as Tom Lawrence's replacement, certainly at League One level.

It may be Bird who moves on, after all I think he's proven beyond doubt he's a very good Championship player, and would have numerous suitors already if it wasn't for the pandemic crippling football finances.

If we were to keep Bird, Knight and Sibley, and Stretton, would we be able to create a competitive squad with the remaining £3.75m, spread between another 21 players, which works out at roughly £3.4k a week?

The only way I see us keeping the more established players is if we get an owner in to cover the costs ASAP. Buchanan an Byrne the other high earners still contracted.

I think we can get a decent squad together on an average 4k a wrek which with a 23 man squad that would be just under 5m for the year. There might be a couple on slightly higher but I would think there would be some on lower than 4k like Cashin, Cybulski, Thompson, Stretton, Watson & McDonald should they all stay as part of the 23 man squad

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Bielik will be loaned out to get his wages off the books for a year. I’d hazard a guess his wages are around about the 20k a week mark, our highest remaining earner by a long way and not really feasible to afford whilst in League One. That will be a significant chunk off our remaining wage bill, and will be enough to allow us to build a squad within the restrictions imo.

The others on that list are generally younger players, and I think you’d be surprised how reasonable their current contracts probably are. Some will be on the limit of League One wages I’m sure, but I don’t think it’s impossible we’d be able to afford to keep the rest in theory, if they want to stay.

I'd say WR is the highest earner, cant really loan him out though can we?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think we can get a decent squad together on an average 4k a wrek which with a 23 man squad that would be just under 5m for the year. There might be a couple on slightly higher but I would think there would be some on lower than 4k like Cashin, Cybulski, Thompson, Stretton, Watson & McDonald should they all stay as part of the 23 man squad

What wrong with a first team squad of 16 players?