Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Can you please find and identify this "proper right back" and let us know that it's a free transfer, or loan without a fee. We are very much at the whim of our agreed business plan and if there's room to bring Bielik back then I think he's the only realistic player we can bring in that will really improve us until the end of the season.

There was talk about that Fisher chap from Boro that was mentioned. Leandro Bacuna has been training with Birmingham for the past few weeks. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-villa-cardiff-transfers-25139519 There's a few options around, admittedly not much. Saying that, I'd assume if Bielik was sent away it wasn't just to be nice and help his World Cup aspirations. It would be financial on his huge wages and positioning him best for a maximum resale value.

We can't pay fees. Players contracts run out at the end of the season. The available ones have already been thoroughly picked over.We will therefore have to wait until the summer for the next batch of good free transfer options. So if we have some headroom in the budget we might as well bring Bielik back if we can, we don't have the option of signing right backs and wing backs etc in January

7 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

We can't pay fees. Players contracts run out at the end of the season. The available ones have already been thoroughly picked over.We will therefore have to wait until the summer for the next batch of good free transfer options. So if we have some headroom in the budget we might as well bring Bielik back if we can, we don't have the option of signing right backs and wing backs etc in January

Wyan has said room in the budget to bring players in but they have to be careful with the money allowed to him to use.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-krystian-bielik-derby-25434768

I only partly agree with pw assessment.

Bielik is better than most of the midfielders we signed in the summer. He would improve the squad.

He's good enough to be going to the world Cup. He's picked up several man of the match awards at Birmingham.

6 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-krystian-bielik-derby-25434768

I only partly agree with pw assessment.

Bielik is better than most of the midfielders we signed in the summer. He would improve the squad.

He's good enough to be going to the world Cup. He's picked up several man of the match awards at Birmingham.

Warne is saying that he would only improve the squad if he wanted to be here, not as a hostage. 

I think it's clear that the decision lies with Bielik, BUT we do have a recall agreement. Fingers crossed he comes back. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Warne is saying that he would only improve the squad if he wanted to be here, not as a hostage. 

I think it's clear that the decision lies with Bielik, BUT we do have a recall agreement. Fingers crossed he comes back. 

Fingers crossed he actually wants to come back!

If I was PW I’d be asking him to come back for the second half of the season, give us 6 months to try and get this club back into the champ after all the crap it’s been through. If we fail to reach our goal, a gentleman’s agreement will be in place to let him go in the summer providing a financial threshold is met.

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Are we able to buy a 24 year old, 6ft 2ins, centre back/defensive midfielder, who's a good enough international player as to be going to the world Cup and who is regularly picking up man of the match in the Championship?!

That's better than what we currently have, especially as I predict knight leaving in January, which further weakens the team.

With knight leaving, I don't have to think hard, to see pw saying something similar to what he's said about bielik ie he doesn't want to try to keep the player and not get a fee, but also he might say something about knight not wanting to play for us.

Then much of midfielders that are left and we can't pay a transfer fee. The midfielders are left don't seem to fit into pw preferred formation. They were not his choice of player, they were what we needed to sign as a team to continue to exist because the league has rules on the minimum number of senior players a team has to field.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Are we able to buy a 24 year old, 6ft 2ins, centre back/defensive midfielder, who's a good enough international player as to be going to the world Cup and who is regularly picking up man of the match in the Championship?!

That's better than what we currently have, especially as I predict knight leaving in January, which further weakens the team.

With knight leaving, I don't have to think hard, to see pw saying something similar to what he's said about bielik ie he doesn't want to try to keep the player and not get a fee, but also he might say something about knight not wanting to play for us.

Then much of midfielders that are left and we can't pay a transfer fee. The midfielders are left don't seem to fit into pw preferred formation. They were not his choice of player, they were what we needed to sign as a team to continue to exist because the league has rules on the minimum number of senior players a team has to field.

We would likely get more in compensation than what any club would offer in January 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Where is he going?