Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

As for the football - West Ham hitting the underside of the woodwork twice and a dreadful penalty hid the result somewhat especially with the dogs rather fortunate goal - anyway 3 bonus points then I would say, and that’s not being biased 

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You mean they're going to be recruiting the Leicester fans who magically materialised when Leicester were a briefly a top team?

Yeah the Melton Mowbray/Rutland/Loughborough support that have been Leicester for the past few seasons, probably nicked a few imps, and there will even be some floating fans from Derbyshire 

4 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

After the game Steve cooper said they could have quadrupled the attendance ?

Where is the other 90k coming from then?

Are we saying that Red dog season tickets are going to become as sacred as Liverpool tickets, handed down through generations due to the waiting lists?

Big six watch out. Forest are massive don’t you know!! ??????

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

One typically gets between 5-6k a game, though, although Notts County do have a fairly big 'sleeper' support. 

Manchester United seem to be the second best supported team in Nottingham, rather than County, at least in my experience. 

Yeah more county fans than you think. All the big six are well represented here, a lot of Gooners and Chelsea, plus Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, a few wendies and dare I say it a few rams. When Im wearing my rams shirt out and about usually stopped by rams fans, even one of the bin men is a Ram. We’re border country here. 

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

After the game Steve cooper said they could have quadrupled the attendance ?

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

After the game Steve cooper said they could have Quasimodo in attendance ?

Fixed that. Just a typo.  His brothers joining the coaching staff this week.  A snip at 100k a week wages and a bell tower. 

If they couldn't build a larger fanbase and a lasting legacy on the back of one League title and two European Cups, what makes them think they can do it now? 

Reminder : they've only achieved an average attendance over 30,000 in FOUR seasons in their entire history and within TWO seasons of their 2nd EC win, their average had fallen below 20,000. "Legacy" eh? ?

I think their entire fanbase has lost its senses after £100m+ signings and one lucky win. 

40 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If they couldn't build a larger fanbase and a lasting legacy on the back of one League title and two European Cups, what makes them think they can do it now? 

Reminder : they've only achieved an average attendance over 30,000 in FOUR seasons in their entire history and within TWO seasons of their 2nd EC win, their average had fallen below 20,000. "Legacy" eh? ?

I think their entire fanbase has lost its senses after £100m+ signings and one lucky win. 

If they had any senses to lose that is.....?

46 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I’ve mentioned this before, but from living in the city and doing a university module where I looked at victorian/early 20th century football attendances. Nottingham attendances per its population size has never been great, not compared to other major cities anyway. I believe this is partly where clubs had their original stadiums. The Liverpool sides and Aston Villa put them right in the centre of working class areas and football becoming part of the industrial working experience. Nottingham built in West Bridgeford, which was out of the city and not overly accessible from work or where he working classes lived.

In cities like Nottingham, which traditionally is seen as a place of wealth, sport and football are part of its cultural umbrella. If it’s going well then people will go, but if not there’s probably a dozen more things you can do in your spare time (again traditionally, things like theatre etc). You compare that with Derby, where the club is a huge part of the city’s culture and identity. Same with Liverpool and Birmingham even though we are much smaller. 

So yeah they might everyone once in a while get an attendance over 30k interested in the club who will create a good atmosphere when they smell a bit of success, but it has never sustained itself. Leeds is another example of a wealthy city where, when everything is going well, they can get big attendances…not so much when it starts to go wrong. 

4 hours ago, REDCAR said:

How come no Forest fans comment on here anymore? I’d be taking the wazz out of us big time while they chase a champions league spot…. Weird 

Dawnie got banned didnt they and EezeeTiger before that. THink Augustus might still be able to post, but they were intermittent anyway