Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Ah yes the same bloke who after drawing 1-1 at Pride Park said 'this wasn't Barcelona who we were playing, it was Derby.' Tool.

We had Shilton, Wright and Saunders back then.  We've had Eranio who captained Italy since,  Stimav and Asanovic world cup semi finalists.  Rooney,and Cole recently.  

Based on his logic we should be in the champions league. Anyone up for it.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We had Shilton, Wright and Saunders back then.  We've had Eranio who captained Italy since,  Stimav and Asanovic world cup semi finalists.  Rooney,and Cole recently.  

Based on his logic we should be in the champions league. Anyone up for it.

I remember after the 1996 Euros, Asanovic was listed as the 12th best player in the world by 4-4-2 magazine, and I don't think they were wrong. He was, with Charlie George and Roy McFarland, the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen in a Derby shirt and the only player I've seen in a Forest shirt worthy of their company is Trevor Francis, and he cost them more than those three cost us put together. 

29 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I remember after the 1996 Euros, Asanovic was listed as the 12th best player in the world by 4-4-2 magazine, and I don't think they were wrong. He was, with Charlie George and Roy McFarland, the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen in a Derby shirt and the only player I've seen in a Forest shirt worthy of their company is Trevor Francis, and he cost them more than those three cost us put together. 

How that Croatia side of the late 1990s didn't win anything is still a mystery to me. 

A number of great players. 

7 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just heard Joe Worrall on talksport. He’s more deluded than some of the weapons on Twitter. Were you surprised when you signed Jesse Lingard, Worrall replies with something to the effect of - we’re a club that’s had several international players, players like Stuart Pearce, Des Walker, Peter Shilton, international icons, we should be signing players of that Calibre to get back to where we belong.

They've only just got promoted!  Why on earth would he want them to drop straight back to the Championship? ?‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How that Croatia side of the late 1990s didn't win anything is still a mystery to me. 

A number of great players. 

Coincided with a brilliant French and Brazilian side.

People will look back on how Belgium didn’t win anything in 20 years time. And it will be a similar story, with their golden generation falling just short of better sides like Germany and France. 

Though Belgium blew it in 2016 allowing an average Portugal side to win it. Same could be said of England last year.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Coincided with a brilliant French and Brazilian side.

People will look back on how Belgium didn’t win anything in 20 years time. And it will be a similar story, with their golden generation falling just short of better sides like Germany and France. 

Though Belgium blew it in 2016 allowing an average Portugal side to win it. Same could be said of England last year.

How are Mexico’s chances viewed before every tournament by their supporters?  Makes me remember that Colombian keeper who was shot dead after the World Cup. ?

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

How are Mexico’s chances viewed before every tournament by their supporters?  Makes me remember that Colombian keeper who was shot dead after the World Cup. ?

Your thinking of the full back Escobar.  Scored an og following a cross by one of our old boys John Harkes. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Remember Arsenal were rather peeved we'd signed him. Recommended by Stimac, same as Baiano was recommended by Eranio.  Sometimes best to let players with that level of ability make such recommendations to a team system. 

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No bueno

There are no real expectations. Mexico has a habit of coming through ‘group-of-death’ groups and pulling off some great results (Since 2010 they have beaten France, Croatia and Germany while drawing with Brazil) before losing the first knockout game against decent opposition.

Being part of the North American section they always get one South American side, one European side and Asian/African side.

But this year they have been a bit luckier with Argentina, Poland and Saudi Arabia. They should come through that (in 2nd place) quite easily.

As for the question though, no locos here that will hunt down footballers if they score an own goal. Besides, most famous/wealthy Mexicans now live in the US.

On 26/07/2022 at 13:08, TuffLuff said:

It’s a shame the kit sponsor isn’t adidas, I’m sure one of Marinakis’ alleged business interests in Greece might have been interested ?

I hear Specsavers are the next sponsor...hang on ?

image.png.d9f5e97b5a4bd8d5d0a419a417c253f8.pngNo Way What GIF by Major League Soccer

Seems a bit ironic that the red dog (and other fans) have been squealing about the PP valuation of 80mill yet their proposed new stand ( which will probably not be built like all the others or be ready for their return to the lower leagues ) will cost £100 million (?for just one stand ) according to construction enquirer. 
And that is on land they don’t own. As usual they are only building one stand leaving the rest of the ground a rusty wreck