Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

A better away point for Everton than home point for forest

My desire to see them relegated in the last minute of the last game of the season is still on.

And yes, that's because I live there and am sick of the sense of privilege they emit

Not a bad point for Forest that, keeps the gap to 4 points and played a game less than Everton, they’ve got Wolves and Southampton at home, if they’re going to survive they need to win both of those and pick an away win up somewhere, probably Leeds. They’ll be in the fight to the death. Two man team and one of them they already had. If Johnson or Gibbs White get injured they’re f*****. They were s**** today and certainly had the ref on their side. They might well survive as another 3 teams might be worst but they’ll be down there next season, they need another to spend £150m to make that a team capable of anything better than a relegation scrap, and I’m not sure they can spend that much given their excesses this season.

29 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not a bad point for Forest that, keeps the gap to 4 points and played a game less than Everton, they’ve got Wolves and Southampton at home, if they’re going to survive they need to win both of those and pick an away win up somewhere, probably Leeds. They’ll be in the fight to the death. Two man team and one of them they already had. If Johnson or Gibbs White get injured they’re f*****. They were s**** today and certainly had the ref on their side. They might well survive as another 3 teams might be worst but they’ll be down there next season, they need another to spend £150m to make that a team capable of anything better than a relegation scrap, and I’m not sure they can spend that much given their excesses this season.

It’s very tight down there. How far up the league dies the relegation battle goal? I feel like Palace are fine, safely mid-table but they’re only a point above forest. I do y really think there is a mid-table this season. There’s the bottom half, who are all in a relegation scrap, and immediately above that you’ve got teams who probably all think they can at least go for a Europa conference spot.

There’s a clear divide between palace and villa, but Chelsea are on the same points as villa, and as crap as they’ve been, they’ll still be hopeful for some sort of European football next season. 

it’s a crazy league this season. 

39 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s very tight down there. How far up the league dies the relegation battle goal? I feel like Palace are fine, safely mid-table but they’re only a point above forest. I do y really think there is a mid-table this season. There’s the bottom half, who are all in a relegation scrap, and immediately above that you’ve got teams who probably all think they can at least go for a Europa conference spot.

There’s a clear divide between palace and villa, but Chelsea are on the same points as villa, and as crap as they’ve been, they’ll still be hopeful for some sort of European football next season. 

I think Palace are on the verge of being drawn into it.  Only 5 points above the bottom 3 and yet to win this year.  I think Bournemouth & Southampton will go and then anyone from the rest could make up the third spot.  Everton have a manager who loves a scrap.  Leicester need to wrap Maddison in cotton wool cos if he gets injured they’ll struggle.  Hate to say it, but fair play to Cooper, he changed the way they play after the first international break and so far it’s worked.  

I look at Forest’s fixtures and aside from Southampton at home, the rest seem tricky but the same goes for their rivals as well.

Everton have a horrible fixture list. Their six remaining home games are Fulham, Brentford, Newcastle, Spurs, Man City and Bournemouth. Only one of those is bottom half and their away form is awful.

I think Everton had to beat Forest today to drag them back in it.

Four points doesn’t seem a lot. But when you’re averaging less than a point per game, it could take Everton six games to make that up while hoping Forest lose every game. Not going to happen.

The table looks tight at the bottom. But it’s going to take the bottom four or five until game 33 ish to hit 30 points so a point today for Forest was huge.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

a point today for Forest was huge.

I don't think it was a huge point at all.

A win would have been huge as it would have put them 7pts clear of the bottom 3.

A draw puts them 4pts clear and a defeat would have meant they were 3pts clear (of Leeds), neither here nor there really.

Today was a big missed opportunity for Forest.

Strange season in the premiership and the Red dogs have had a lot of luck especially in some of their 1-0 wins where the opponents missed massive easy chances and having the World Cup break to totally re organise instead of losing 4-0 every week 

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Unfortunately for us there doesn't seem to be any clear relegation certainties this season like Norwich and Watford last year. The quality of the bottom half in particular is debatable but there's no question that this is the most competitive the Premier League has been in years. 

Realistically any one of about 8 teams could go down and all the bottom clubs have been regularly taking points off the top ones.

50 minutes ago, Carnero said:

A win would have been huge as it would have put them 7pts clear of the bottom 3.

A draw puts them 4pts clear and a defeat would have meant they were 3pts clear (of Leeds), neither here nor there really.

Today was a must not lose game for Forest, so yes they will be disappointed not to win, but it’s still mission accomplished. A four point gap is a healthy one at this stage.

They have six teams below them and all of them are averaging less than a point per game. 

It would take a collapse for the ages for Forest to go down now. The teams below them are somehow even worse.

They might stay up on 35 points or fewer with the way things are looking.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

It was huge because it was a six pointer against Everton.

Compared to Leicester, West Ham and Leeds it wasn’t huge, but coming from behind against Everton, it was huge.

Instead of Everton gaining 3 points on them, nothing has changed.

And 4 points is a big gap when it will take Everton on average about 5 games to make up that gap.

56 minutes ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Unfortunately for us there doesn't seem to be any clear relegation certainties this season like Norwich and Watford last year. The quality of the bottom half in particular is debatable but there's no question that this is the most competitive the Premier League has been in years. 

Realistically any one of about 8 teams could go down and all the bottom clubs have been regularly taking points off the top ones.

That would be a case if teams at the bottom were picking up regular points, but they are not.

This isn’t a year like when West Ham went down with 42 points. That year about 8 teams were dragged in it.

This year the bottom three are currently on for 32 points.

Palace, Wolves and Forest are all within two more wins of reaching that figure.

There has been no Norwich and Watford. But Burnley went down with 35 last season and the bottom five are all averaging less than that, suggesting they aren’t regularly taking points off the better sides at all.

Edited by Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

The other teams around you could also say the same thing about you given that at the start of the season you were touted as one of the relegation favourites.

The "quality" of the Premiership becomes ever more depressing which flies in the face of the image they are trying to sell. The number of clubs that currently sit within a cigarette paper of each other at the bottom is a testament to that leveling out. 

You use the word competitive, I would use another less flattering euphemism. 

At least you've found your niche of being in the upper quartile of really an extremely poor set of teams. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

That would be a case if teams at the bottom were picking up regular points, but they are not.

This isn’t a year like when West Ham went down with 42 points. That year about 8 teams were dragged in it.

This year the bottom three are currently on for 32 points.

Palace, Wolves and Forest are all within two more wins of reaching that figure.

There has been no Norwich and Watford. But Burnley went down with 35 last season and the bottom five are all averaging less than that, suggesting they aren’t regularly taking points off the better sides at all.

My point isn't that the bottom 7/8 are good teams and better than they usually tend to be, but more there's no stand out rubbish like last year. The bottom sides aren't losing every week. In the last month alone the bottom 8 have all taken points off the top half teams.

11 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

My point isn't that the bottom 7/8 are good teams and better than they usually tend to be, but more there's no stand out rubbish like last year. The bottom sides aren't losing every week. In the last month alone the bottom 8 have all taken points off the top half teams.

Given we’re on a Derby forum, could you provide us with an example of what stand out rubbish in the PL might look like..

Will Smith Reaction GIF