Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

33 minutes ago, David said:

"I'm delighted to be here, just look at my face, I swapped the Champions League next season for a chance to play Olympiacos in pre season. 

13752385-4FEE-46E4-B4A2-57F9F3C4491B.jpeg

34 minutes ago, David said:

"I'm delighted to be here, just look at my face, I swapped the Champions League next season for a chance to play Olympiacos in pre season. 

13752385-4FEE-46E4-B4A2-57F9F3C4491B.jpeg

Hes just been told hes 10th choice striker

6 hours ago, GenBr said:

You said Derby are the only one who appear to have suffered from reckless spending, which is patently not true no matter how you have tried to twist it in your response.

Portsmouth and Bolton both almost ceased to exist because of reckless spending as did Leeds. Sheff Wed almost did exactly the same as us and now find themselves in league 1. Reading were also deducted points for reckless spending. 

Stop with the woe is me stuff

Ok I think I didn’t explain it well the first time. Let me try again.

Derby appear to be the only club who have spent recklessly without any success.

If you go through the list.

Villa, QPR and Boro all spent beyond their means and got promoted.

Forest are spending future PL money and it seems like the gamble is working as they currently are out of the relegation places.

Portsmouth and Bolton didn’t spend recklessly (or future income) without success. Pompey won an FA Cup and made another final. Bolton played Europa League football.

Reading’s situation is different. They already had three years in the PL and two promotions. They have have wasted their parachute payments, but their struggles since are hardly comparable and they aren’t the only club to have wasted PP.

Sheffield Wednesday didn’t gamble anywhere near as much as Derby. But off all the clubs, perhaps their situation is of comparison.

The woe is me stuff is nonsense. 

Nobody feels sorry for Derby. We got what we deserved. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nobody feels sorry for Derby. We got what we deserved. 

We got shafted because Steve Gibson threatened Rick Parry and Mel Morris wasn't as clever as he thought he was.

Derby got punished and nearly went out of business. Gibson, Parry and Morris are all very wealthy men who deep down don't give af about football supporters and probably treat it as a gentlemen's game of oneupmanship to rip the plebs off and laugh about it in their golf clubs while sipping 25 year old single malt.

I don't want anyone to feel sorry for Derby, football fans don't do stuff like that. Tell people what actually happened that we didn't breach any EFL regs at the time but were brought down by Gibson and Parry's incestuous relationship and don't give an actual feck if they believe us or not.

Forest have taken a gamble and it looks to have paid off. The only thing that can be said is that at some point they’ll go down again as they’re not one of the top 6/7 clubs. 

But as soon as Jon Moss decided to turn in to Stevie Wonder and miss Huddersfield’s two penalties Forest were laughing. Even if they’d not gone on a spending spree and went down with 0 points they’d have the parachute payments to ensure they’re top 6 the season after. 

They’ve got lucky and at the moment are rightly riding the crest of the wave. Just need Derby to find a few four leaf clovers.

18 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Forest have taken a gamble and it looks to have paid off. The only thing that can be said is that at some point they’ll go down again as they’re not one of the top 6/7 clubs. 

But as soon as Jon Moss decided to turn in to Stevie Wonder and miss Huddersfield’s two penalties Forest were laughing. Even if they’d not gone on a spending spree and went down with 0 points they’d have the parachute payments to ensure they’re top 6 the season after. 

They’ve got lucky and at the moment are rightly riding the crest of the wave. Just need Derby to find a few four leaf clovers.

I stated that initially.  Since then they've spaffed every cent of that promotion and associated parachute payment and overpaid hugely on players that will lose half their value on relegation.  If they drop, their stuffed. The wage bill and loss on players -75 at the current moment- will be crippling.