Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

I hope your expensive lawyer can come up with a better excuse than “we don’t know how calendars work”

Hopefully better than the excuse Morris gave about not knowing how player valuation works 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

More ‘interesting’ stuff coming

Paid £12million for him in Jan, ripped up his contract in August.

I see the promotion bonus has been raised in article.  Mentioned it last year as it's an often overlooked cost amongst the others. When we were promoted in 07 the set promotion bonus was 500k a player, even for those out on loan who hadn't kicked a ball.  Probably talking close to double that now, plus wage increase on a large squad on promotion.  Don't know how many players they retained but they didn't seem to shift many other than loans going back. Not really an unusual scenario in that regard as the Taylors of the world will happily sit on a final year on 7 times the money of joining Wycombe earlier.  Fat end of 30 million regardless. 

13 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

More ‘interesting’ stuff coming

Paid £12million for him in Jan, ripped up his contract in August.

It's a weird one, but you'd have to hope that the relevant authorities would be aware of this, even if Forest's previous public statements weren't accurate. That said, if they weren't, there could be scope to do a bit of an FFP dodge by pretending a player they released was still on their books as an asset, but considering how their transfer policy has been generally, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just one part of the club having absolutely no idea what another part is doing.

We're not even a week into 2024, and Forest have a potential FFP investigation coming their way, have invented the concept of a permanent loan move to get rid of Shelvey, and now have a player coming out to say that he's never associated with Jeffrey Epstein. What a club.

For clarity on this last one, a fake "list of Epstein associates" has been circulating on social media for a while, in which is the name of Callum Hudson-Odoi (amongst a few other dubious names, including Mikel Arteta). Most people that haven't just taken it at face value seem to think it's an edited list of people that got Covid in the early part of the pandemic, as Hudson-Odoi and Arteta were both early public figures to have been diagnosed with it. I think Hudson-Odoi's name being on the list tipped most English people off to it being a load of nonsense, but a lot of those on the American right - renowned for their common sense and reason - have treated it as gospel, so I'm not surprised if he's a bit annoyed about it.

35 minutes ago, hales300k said:

FFP..... Forest Fiddled Profits ? 

Profits??? 😂

In the 2 years prior to promotion, they made losses of £61m and that was after £18m profits on player sales and a £5m loan write off!

Dont forget this was against the backdrop of a limit of £39m allowable losses over a 3 year period (magically adjusted for everyone for DCFC for Covid years).

£200m to £250m spent on players. Even if all on 4 year contracts thats another £50m to £60m per year on their costs, on top of the additional wage bill.

Dont think it takes a genius to work out they will be relying on some creative accounting to be within P&S limits.

All that aside, I'll take very little pleasure in seeing them sanctioned in a league where their competitors are allowed to do what they like for years and years unsanctioned.

Obviously if they charges had arisen in the division where they should have I may feel a little different.