Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Genuine question. If it came down to it, who would you rather go down - Forest or Lampard’s Everton?

If there is one silver lining to the unbelievable luck (and subsequent results) Forest have had recently, it does put the likes of media darlings West Ham and Everton under increasing pressure.

Forest easily.

Though it would be funny if a club the size of Everton went down, nothing to do with Lampard 

25 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Genuine question. If it came down to it, who would you rather go down - Forest or Lampard’s Everton?

If there is one silver lining to the unbelievable luck (and subsequent results) Forest have had recently, it does put the likes of media darlings West Ham and Everton under increasing pressure.

Who the f*** cares about Lampard? Used to be our manager and now he isn't. Soon as he left the club thats all interest in him gone

Would rather forest go down obviously. Not even close.

45 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Who the f*** cares about Lampard? Used to be our manager and now he isn't. Soon as he left the club thats all interest in him gone

Would rather forest go down obviously. Not even close.

Lampard used Derby in a one-season splurge then dumped us.

His behavior still rankles me. 

I expect Forest to go down. But it would be amazing if Lampard joins them in taking Everton down.

It would also complete the package and seal the ‘big six’ tag with Everton being the only other club not to be relegated since the PL reform.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I expect Forest to go down. But it would be amazing if Lampard joins them in taking Everton down.

Puzzles me how people hold a grudge against Lampard when we were overspending on bang average players under every single manager. Morris and our crap recruitment team are to blame. Lampard brought in some top loan talent and did a good job in his season here. 

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Puzzles me how people hold a grudge against Lampard when we were overspending on bang average players under every single manager. Morris and our crap recruitment team are to blame. Lampard brought in some top loan talent and did a good job in his season here. 

I don't think it's the money that was spent or the players Lampard brought in which rankled with some Rams fans, more the way he kept us dangling while waiting for Chelsea to offer him their managers' jobl

26 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I don't think it's the money that was spent or the players Lampard brought in which rankled with some Rams fans, more the way he kept us dangling while waiting for Chelsea to offer him their managers' jobl

Regardless of his history with Chelsea, any managers in their right mind would jump at the chance of moving from a championship club to a PL club the size of Chelsea. He's just a a faint line in our history. We got compo, happy days, we move on.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

It would also complete the package and seal the ‘big six’ tag with Everton being the only other club not to be relegated since the PL reform.

Are you complaining he spent a lot of money or something else? Still not entirely sure what your beef is with him.

If its spending money blame Mel Morris even most of that seasons spend was covered by the vydra sale.

He got us into the playoff final against the odds and then left to go to his absolute dream job, which also happened to be one of the wealthiest, most succesful clubs in english football. 

I know Derby fans can be irrational at times, but how anyone can hold a grudge against lampard is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You know 3 teams go down right? You can have your cake and eat it. 

Que? I don't really understand what you are saying. I couldnt give a toss if Everton go down or not. They are completely meaningless to virtually any Derby fan.

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

What did you want him to do if he hadn't yet been offered the job?

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Still don’t think that’s really his fault, the delay was all coming to an agreement with Sarri, completely out of his control.

Realistically, what could he do?

If he said look, yes I want the Chelsea job, I’ll take it if offered and Chelsea had a change of mind and went elsewhere, there is no going back to Derby after that. Fans would not tolerate it.

If he said he wasn’t interested, then still left he would be called a liar, be hated in Derby.

He could have said to Chelsea, look, if you want me, let’s just do this now or I’m not coming, that would be a dangerous game of chicken with a club he loves and wanted the job.

Then you look at the birthday party, away from work he will have friends and family, they will know the score, no way was he going to turn it down. In a private setting, was he meant to stand up and say look, I’m the Derby manager, don’t be disrespectful, or just laugh it off.

That video should never have made its way online for all to see. Again, not his fault, unless he encouraged it to get Chelsea moving. Without proof of that, it’s difficult to find him guilty of any wrong doing.

To this day he still speaks well of the club, I really don’t get any dislike for him, fine not to wish him well and look out for how he’s doing, but to actively dislike him still to this day is just a bit weird. In my opinion anyway.

Unpopular opinion, start Marriott at Wembley, we would have still lost.

43 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

What did you want him to do if he hadn't yet been offered the job?

He had no regard for the situation he was putting our Club in and throughout the whole saga he was happy to keep shtum, for fear of jeopardising the Chelsea job. The embarrassing noises being made by Rednapp in support of his Chelsea ambition, fuelled by the incessant comments of Sky Sports gave absolutely no thought as to the position Derby County were being put in. 

Morris should have forced the issue and challenged Lampard to commit himself to Derby - failure to do so should have seen him relieved of his duties - unfortunately he didn't have the courage to repeat what had been done to McLaren a few years before.

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He had no regard for the situation he was putting our Club in and throughout the whole saga he was happy to keep shtum, for fear of jeopardising the Chelsea job. The embarrassing noises being made by Rednapp in support of his Chelsea ambition, fuelled by the incessant comments of Sky Sports gave absolutely no thought as to the position Derby County were being put in. 

Morris should have forced the issue and challenged Lampard to commit himself to Derby - failure to do so should have seen him relieved of his duties - unfortunately he didn't have the courage to repeat what had been done to McLaren a few years before.

The two scenarios are not even remotely similar. Chelsea rumours in regards to Lampard were in the off season when the team were on a break not long after the playoff final. Yes the situation wasn't ideal with us needing to find a successor but it is what it is, I wouldn't say that Lampard showed disregard for the club. It was the media rumours that were making it a circus. McClaren never ruled himself out of the Newcastle job where in the meantime on the field we were playing poorly and spiralling down the table.

14 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Probably out Looking for new tenants along with the rest of them.

now they dont have us living rent free in their heads they need something/one else to rattle around in there 

Probably basking in the glory of their recent points all in fairness.

Just watched the Gumps highlights, could probably have gone either way yesterday, bad penalty miss by Zaha (odd he took it, having missed 3 out of the last 4), tik tok man wasted the chance to produce another cringe, missed a couple of good chances. They are in the stragglers pack now, could be close, still think they’ll struggle to stay up myself.

Edited by Zag zig

58 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Probably basking in the glory of their recent points all in fairness.

Just watched the Gumps highlights, could probably have gone either way yesterday, bad penalty miss by Zaha (odd he took it, having missed 3 out of the last 4), tik tok man wasted the chance to produce another cringe, missed a couple of good chances. They are in the stragglers pack now, could be close, still think they’ll struggle to stay up myself.

Course they are, theyve had the open top bus booked for months just incase

only taken them 150 odd million to make sure they made it past the magic number lol

tbh theyve had remarkable luck in their wins

west ham absolutely battered them. Missed a pen and hit the wood work 3 times

liverpool were missing thiago, darwin, diaz and jota… aka majority of their creative spark and have been bang out of form cos of it and still missed a sitter through vvd that would have changed the game

palace yesturday .. miss a pen 

goals change games , theyve been let off the hook numerous times… to their credit theyve taken advantage of it but theyre really are jammy f******