Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

10 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

When has getting promoted and signing a bunch of random players ever worked. There was even an article somewhere the other day saying that Cooper doesn't necessarily want some of these players and are having them forced on him.

Emmanuel Dennis is a good player actually. But Forest seem to be copying Watford.

They will go down and ship half the players to Olympiakos to cover the cost.

They literally have no choice but to upgrade the squad, because of how they went up. I think any Championship side lucky enough to get promoted without the parachute payments will be in the same boat. 

It's true it doesn't work often, but if they stuck with the team they had then that definitely wouldn't have worked. It was lower end, perhaps mid-table, Championship. They've rolled the dice and now they have to put it all together. 

I personally think this ends up in £150m spent, relegation and a manager sacking. The upside is that they will be a parachute payment side in the Championship and will have to f*** it up badly not to get promoted again within two years and the cycle continues. 

50 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

They literally have no choice but to upgrade the squad, because of how they went up. I think any Championship side lucky enough to get promoted without the parachute payments will be in the same boat. 

It's true it doesn't work often, but if they stuck with the team they had then that definitely wouldn't have worked. It was lower end, perhaps mid-table, Championship. They've rolled the dice and now they have to put it all together. 

I personally think this ends up in £150m spent, relegation and a manager sacking. The upside is that they will be a parachute payment side in the Championship and will have to f*** it up badly not to get promoted again within two years and the cycle continues. 

How many will have contracts inserted with the words...you're wage packet will be 60% shorter next season if we're relegated, That's why JL only signed for 1 year.

£14m is a good buffer for 3/4 years in the Championship, Boing boing boing...WBA and Norwich are the successes, Stoke and us are the failures, As for Cooper if they're down with the dead men come end of September...he's gone ?beware of Greeks baring gifts ?  

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Cooper is a decent manager. They would be foolish to sack him even if they did start to struggle.

But I guess it all depends on whether the owner can look at it long-term.

If he feels they have spent enough to stay up, he may replace Cooper with somebody like Dyche half way through.

With Cooper at the helm they will challenge for promotion next season. So on that basis, I hope they are stupid enough to pull the trigger.

Steve Cooper 18/1 with Sky Bet to be first manager to go. I’ve had a cheeky bet.

With spending all this cash Maranakis will be expecting better than just survival, if it starts badly Cooper could go. Let’s be right, for all they bang on about being such a well run club, Maranakis’ approach to managers and players has been scattergun throughout his tenure with several bad signings and bad appointments. He’s as volatile as they come. They stumbled across Cooper last season, the stars aligned and they got promoted yet to hear them it was all years in the planning!!

We all know Forest’s best bet is give Cooper at least 2 years, if they go down he’s their best chance to bounce straight back, but leopards don’t change their spots. If Forest are in the relegation mire in November before the World Cup he’ll be asking questions and will probably make his move. In fact I think that’s when most clubs will make their changes.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I thought that but there wage bill will be astronomical and anyone who does ok will be off like a shot- probably in negative equity as they're grossly overpaying.  They've blown their promotion cash and parachutes in one storming of the citadel.  If they don't stay up it's a Portsmouth job within 3 years. 

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought that but there wage bill will be astronomical and anyone who does ok will be off like a shot- probably in negative equity as they're grossly overpaying.  They've blown their promotion cash and parachutes in one storming of the citadel.  If they don't stay up it's a Portsmouth job within 3 years. 

I think you’re overlooking their get out of jail free card with Olympiakos. 

25 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

The spending continues…

I can’t wait for this to all come crashing down in spectacular Forest fashion.

They say they needed to get lots of players in which is true because they had a fair few loans, but this is taking it to another level.

Forest fans will call it strength in depth but I think it's a bloated squad. They will have players who think they should be starting but end up sitting on the bench or not even in the squad. This isn't man city by the way, this is Nottingham forest. I dread to think of the atmosphere in the dressing room when they are getting hammered week in week out.

I just can't see it working. Getting promoted and then staying in the premier League is difficult. You have to find the balance between sticking with the core of what got you up in the first place but then also introducing better players. Brentford got it spot on and unfortunately you'd have to say so did Leeds in their first season.

Forest are going to have almost a totally new starting eleven. They will have to gel very quickly and the premier League is unforgiving. When has this approach ever worked? My opinion of their upcoming season has gradually shifted as they have brought more and more players in. I think they are going down.