European Final Saturday Paris

Malagaram

French Sports Minister claimed today that btween 30,000 and 40,000 Liverpool fans turned up without a valid ticket,does this mean forged tickets,if so the true fans who had valid tickets but still couldnt gain entry to the Stad de France have only their fellow scousers to blaim

4 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

French Sports Minister claimed today that btween 30,000 and 40,000 Liverpool fans turned up without a valid ticket,does this mean forged tickets,if so the true fans who had valid tickets but still couldnt gain entry to the Stad de France have only their fellow scousers to blaim

He also said that Real Madrid had no problems with their fans,who in general were well behaved.

34 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

He also said that Real Madrid had no problems with their fans,who in general were well behaved.

I'd take anything the French government say with a pinch of salt at this point, since they're desperate to deflect from the escapades of their own citizens on the night and bury any criticism of the local organisations.

There needs to be an independent investigation, not a witch-hunt.

Videos surfaced of French fans jumping the turnstiles with little resistance, the translation apparently goes something like they will get the blame. Referring to Liverpool.

All journalists appear to be supporting Liverpool fans in this, as are Merseyside Police that were in attendance. 

Now this pops up, PSG Ladies game last night.

“28/05/22 Police prefects, your incompetence is now shown to the world”

Was this an attempt to disrupt on the global stage, highlighting the police “incompetence”, pre made banners?

Anyhow, I know the default will be it’s always Liverpool, always the victims and all that, but largely those in attendance are giving different eye witness reports.

EA766BEC-1FC0-451D-BBBF-EBC126CF7473.jpeg

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Always easier to blame the Scousers I suppose.

Yep. So many axes to grind, so many biases and so much (mis)information available.

Personal opinion is that it's likely a combination of trigger happy French police, past English fans behaviour, stupid exterior stadium design (if you've been you know what it's like outside), some moronic locals, some fake tickets bought in good faith, some bought knowing they would give a chance of getting in, some Liverpool fans trying to jib... 

Unfortunately people want to pin the blame on one of those factors as we need to be able to say *this thing* was the reason. Stupid humans.

20 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Yep. So many axes to grind, so many biases and so much (mis)information available.

Personal opinion is that it's likely a combination of trigger happy French police, past English fans behaviour, stupid exterior stadium design (if you've been you know what it's like outside), some moronic locals, some fake tickets bought in good faith, some bought knowing they would give a chance of getting in, some Liverpool fans trying to jib... 

Unfortunately people want to pin the blame on one of those factors as we need to be able to say *this thing* was the reason. Stupid humans.

Johnathan Wilson on Football Weekly was interesting. He talked a lot about the approaches to the ground and how they had created ridiculous bottlenecks. Also how the access from the station most Lpool fans went to was much smaller anyway vs station where Madrid fans got off though.

I think past behaviour means it's always worse for English/Lpool fans too. It's less than a year ago since those ugly scenes at Wembley with people trying to get in without tickets. You can understand the police not giving Lpool fans the benefit of the doubt. Seems like the locals decided to give it a try too.

Stade de France is close to the northern banlieus of Paris, which are a byword for social deprivation and discontent. 

It's entirely credible that some proportion of trouble could be caused by people from those areas. 

I say that purely as an observation not as a result of any investigative genius into last Saturdays events ?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Stade de France is close to the northern banlieus of Paris, which are a byword for social deprivation and discontent. 

It's entirely credible that some proportion of trouble could be caused by people from those areas. 

I say that purely as an observation not as a result of any investigative genius into last Saturdays events ?

Saint Denis in district 93 is not the best part of Paris...to put it mildly

6 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Saint Denis in district 93 is not the best part of Paris...to put it mildly

And that's from someone who knows! 

My awareness is limited to various economist articles which describe the outer suburbs of Paris that are away from public transport links as ghettos.... 

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

And that's from someone who knows! 

My awareness is limited to various economist articles which describe the outer suburbs of Paris that are away from public transport links as ghettos.... 

My cousin and his wife teach there, it's  not pretty from what they tell me. This being said lots of the best french footballers come from those areas. Their son's english teacher is M'Bappe's auntie!

17 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

My cousin and his wife teach there, it's  not pretty from what they tell me. This being said lots of the best french footballers come from those areas. Their son's english teacher is M'Bappe's auntie!

My uncle lived in St Denis. It's not pretty and a bit of a concrete jungle but it's certainly no worse than a lot of places in the UK. Bit of a melting pot ethnically speaking, which means it can get a tad fractious at times. I get the banner thing now as the police can be pretty brutal there if your face doesn't fit.