Favourite dead rubber games

Wistaston Ram

So there is plenty of excitement about our trip to Blackpool for a meaningless game. Unfortunately I can't make this one and it'll be the first relegation party I've missed for a while.  The last few that I can recall are;

V Blackburn 2008 - Hawaiian shirts, lots of inflatables including a large 'love length' in a Forest shirt.  We took the lead and a great atmosphere 1st half until Blackburn turned it around and many of the inflatables were confiscated.

V Sunderland 2002 - Full away end, Marvin Robinson (?) equalised second half after Kevin Phillips early goal. Good weekend staying on the North Yorkshire coast.

V Shrewsbury 1984 - Thrashed 3.0 and relegation to Division 3. Archie Gemmill missed a penalty I think and loads of trouble after the game. 

What was your favourite meaningless game?

West Brom away 96.  Already up and they most have double sold hundreds of seats Lost 3-2 .  Best bit was 30 or 40 of there fans running across the pitch to the Derby end, then they were stopped half way apart from one lone ranger standing there giving it the biggun amongst much laughter.  Only when he turned round did he realise he was all alone and he turned and walked back as the whole end took the piss.  Good day apart from the glass bottle thrown at my head afterwards. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

West Brom away 96.  Already up and they most have double sold hundreds of seats Lost 3-2 .  Best bit was 30 or 40 of there fans running across the pitch to the Derby end, then they were stopped half way apart from one lone ranger standing there giving it the biggun amongst much laughter.  Only when he turned round did he realise he was all alone and he turned and walked back as the whole end took the piss.  Good day apart from the glass bottle thrown at my head afterwards. 

The Rams are going up, The Rams are going up, and now you're gonna believe us........we must have sang that for 20 minutes non stop, it was in my head all summer that year!

Gabbiadini and one or two others were in the away end half cut as well. Good days!

3 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

So there is plenty of excitement about our trip to Blackpool for a meaningless game. Unfortunately I can't make this one and it'll be the first relegation party I've missed for a while.  The last few that I can recall are;

V Blackburn 2008 - Hawaiian shirts, lots of inflatables including a large 'love length' in a Forest shirt.  We took the lead and a great atmosphere 1st half until Blackburn turned it around and many of the inflatables were confiscated.

V Sunderland 2002 - Full away end, Marvin Robinson (?) equalised second half after Kevin Phillips early goal. Good weekend staying on the North Yorkshire coast.

V Shrewsbury 1984 - Thrashed 3.0 and relegation to Division 3. Archie Gemmill missed a penalty I think and loads of trouble after the game. 

What was your favourite meaningless game?

Great memories old lad. I was at all 3. 

We'll be back ??

After losing to Hull 3-0 in the first leg of the play -offs a lot of fans didn’t bother going to the away leg . What a game they missed. Best support I have ever seen. Continual chanting throughout half time and so close to taking it to extra time . For me going to Blackpool is very important . 11 away losses on the bounce would be shameful.