LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

12 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Not sure he'd drop down but Izzy Brown is a free agent with something to prove he can play on both wings.

Has he actually played well anywhere for any length of time? He always seems to drift from loan to loan. He is the equivalent of Pardew or Appleton of Managers.

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Has he actually played well anywhere for any length of time? He always seems to drift from loan to loan. He is the equivalent of Pardew or Appleton of Managers.

He's the type of player we should be looking at for that reason, maybe dropping down a league he'll find some confidence, Chelsea wouldn't have kept him on the books even loaning for so long if they didn't think he had something. 

11 minutes ago, YouRams said:

He's the type of player we should be looking at for that reason, maybe dropping down a league he'll find some confidence, Chelsea wouldn't have kept him on the books even loaning for so long if they didn't think he had something. 

Scored next to no goals and just drifted. Not for me ?

26 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I have a feeling we could be interested in Louie Barry from Aston Villa. Winger/striker on loan at Swindon last season.

Apparently, there's up to 10 clubs interested in loaning him.

He's certainly a player I'd be asking for. Wouldn't necessarily be an automatic starter and battle for the LW spot with Mendez-Laing, but should develop into a regular  starter over the season.

Up to 5 loans in L1. Rushworth and Roberts were going to be two of them. Potentially two wingers and either a LB or a CF (if we miss out on Collins) for the other loan spots.

9 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

They'll be aiming higher than League One for him, I'd have thought.

Scored 8 in 21 games for Blackpool in 20/21, and should ahve found a Championship club in 21/22, but ended up at Hearts instead scoring 7 in 21.

Difficult to say where he should go next, but you'd expect Championship.

Free agents for positions we could still be looking at, assuming Forsyth renews -

GK - Alex Smithies, Orjan Nyland, Jamal Blackman, Ben Hamer, John Ruddy, Keiren Westwood, Costel Pantilimon, Rob Elliot

RB - Phil Bardsley, Tommy Smith, Andre Wisdom, Carl Jenkinson, Cuco Martina, Danny Simpson, Joe Rafferty, Lee Peltier, Ahmed Elmohamady

CM - Kevin McDonald, Sam Hutchinson, Vurnon Anita, John Mikel Obi, Tom Huddlestone, Bradley Johnson, Tom Carroll, Danny Drinkwater, Korey Smith, Jordon Mutch, Izzy Brown

W - Scott Sinclair, Sheyi Ojo, Josh Murphy, Jose Izquierdo, Jeremie Bela, Aaron Lennon, Sammy Ameobi, Bakary Sako, Gavin Massey, Rajiv Van La Parra

FWD - Oumar Niasse, Connor Wickham, Saido Berahino, Mame Biram Diouf, Nouha Dicko, Shane Long, Adama Diomande, Lewis Grabban, Daniel Sturridge, Andy Carroll, Hal Robson Kanu, Will Grigg, Yaya Sonogo, Sam Winnall, Fraizer Campbell, Luc Castaignos

Yes some may be more realistic than others but after Hourihane who knows. There are still plenty of decent freebies. Alot of ex players or players we have been linked to in the past.

Based on Oduroh, I thought I would look at the other players who were released in the Premier League this season who could be of a similar standing. 

Joel Lopez - 20, LB | Arsenal - Once regarded as a  huge talent, another that Arsenal stole from Barcelona's academy. He played a lot of their U23 side last season mostly as left back, but did play as a left midfielder. A player who would be very much worth a look, but could have interest in Spain. 

Thierno Ballo - 20, AM | Chelsea - A good record in academy football. Went out on loan to Rapid Vienna last season and played a bit. Austrian youth international. Again, could have options elsewhere but seems to have decent pedigree and available as of right now. 

George McEachran 21, CM | Chelsea - The young brother of another Chelsea prospect that never made the cut. George has been regularly selected by the academy managers for a long time now. Not a position of need, but again, he's a player with pedigree. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in L1 or the Championship on a small 2 year deal somewhere.

Charles Musonda 25, LW | Chelsea - An experienced academy dropout. A number of loans, including Celtic and Real Betis, but never really stood out anywhere. No idea what he has lined up, but would be a smart pick up if he's not asking for the world.

Lewis Gibson 21, CB | Everton - a player with a lot of pedigree, but had injury issues. He was on loan with Sheff Wed last season and didn't play too often due to medical problems. He was at Reading  the season before that in the Championship. I don't have a clue how bad his injury issues are, but a player with pedigree - albeit not in a position of need. 

Elijah Dixon-Bonner 21, CM | Liverpool - I noticed his name as he played in the FA Cup third round for Liverpool's first team. He actually played really well in that game. Dixon-Bonner isn't a name you miss. I think he could potentially have offers elsewhere, and like the others, not really a position of need, but one to keep an eye out for if he comes to our level. 

A lot of names, not many I've heard of on the list. No doubt that some of them will come up against us next season and look the part. 

Elliot Anderson. The Athletic suggest Newcastle may prefer to loan to a top league one team playing the “right type” of football as opposed to a championship club where he may not play every week. Had a good loan at Bristol Rovers last season.

8 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

RB - Phil Bardsley, Tommy Smith, Andre Wisdom, Carl Jenkinson, Cuco Martina, Danny Simpson, Joe Rafferty, Lee Peltier, Ahmed Elmohamady

Just been checking for free agent right backs myself... others that could be included are Ryan Nyambe, Martin Kelly & Cyrus Christie.

51 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Just been checking for free agent right backs myself... others that could be included are Ryan Nyambe, Martin Kelly & Cyrus Christie.

I didnt include them as Nyambe & Christie heavily linked with Champ teams, not sure Kelly would drop down 2 levels.

On 08/07/2022 at 16:10, YouRams said:

Izzy Brown definitely has ability. I like the suggestion. Similar background to Will Keane, almost identical, actually. He could be a decent pick up as a squad option.