LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

1 hour ago, alram said:

some of the suggestions in this thread.

loads of them on huge wages and it will be like a retirement home

football is a young mans game, we will need to build a young squad although i do understand beggars cant be choosers. by all means offer a stop gap but next season is about consolidation, its easier to play for the future if you are buying players for it

we will definitely need to use the loan market well, i expect all 5 slots to be used

It’s a transfer suggestion thread, people putting names forward they think could be an option, might do a job to steady the ship for a year or two, just taking the opportunity to discuss football related matters rather than the off the field circus we’re used to.

The likes of Jagielka, Morrison and Stearman all contributed last year alongside the younger lads, nothing to suggest any other experienced pro who is willing to join the club on whatever terms we can offer won’t do the same. Players released from their contracts when expired aren’t on big wages any more, they’re unemployed, they may well fancy a wage and an opportunity to play for this great club, as might some talented youngsters on loan as you mention.
Whoever ends up in the squad this season, be they experienced pros or exciting youths I hope people get behind them regardless and we can continue that positive feeling between the pitch and the stands from last year. 

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s a transfer suggestion thread, people putting names forward they think could be an option, might do a job to steady the ship for a year or two, just taking the opportunity to discuss football related matters rather than the off the field circus we’re used to.

The likes of Jagielka, Morrison and Stearman all contributed last year alongside the younger lads, nothing to suggest any other experienced pro who is willing to join the club on whatever terms we can offer won’t do the same. Players released from their contracts when expired aren’t on big wages any more, they’re unemployed, they may well fancy a wage and an opportunity to play for this great club, as might some talented youngsters on loan as you mention.
Whoever ends up in the squad this season, be they experienced pros or exciting youths I hope people get behind them regardless and we can continue that positive feeling between the pitch and the stands from last year. 

Picking a purely youthful team in League One would be madness. We will need a few big guys with experience to withstand an aerial assault and use the younger players to create.

With a regular goal scorer we should be able to win the majority of games just with half last year’s team.

13 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Picking a purely youthful team in League One would be madness. We will need a few big guys with experience to withstand an aerial assault and use the younger players to create.

With a regular goal scorer we should be able to win the majority of games just with half last year’s team.

Fully agreed. Lack of physicality and height has been our downfall for ages. We produce some good players in our academy, but for some reason most of them are relatively small sized technical players.

New contracts to Stearman, Davies and King Colin are very important for their physicality and experience.

1 hour ago, w8sey said:

If Byrne is on his way out we need a RB. Wonder if Andre Wisdom fancies a game after his year off? 

I think his ordeal with being mugged has really effect the lad. Would be nice to get him back, but we can’t really afford passengers at this time.

My suggestions if the takeover happens 

Free agents 

smithies + wild smith

odubajo

Sonny Bradley + Michael Hikiewe

lansbury or hourihane

bela / ince / freeman 

Smith / barkhuizen or Cornick or May 

sign a few league 1+2 and non league players 

like the striker at chesterfield 

+ loans 

delap , fish , mcatee , azeez, Gordon , 

30 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think his ordeal with being mugged has really effect the lad. Would be nice to get him back, but we can’t really afford passengers at this time.

Is that why he's had the year our? Awful if it is. I would definately have him back. He would be more than solid in L1

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

James Chester a new name mentioned today 

Part of the same Hull City side as Davies and Rosenior, as was Odubajo briefly I think. Rosenior could have some pull with former teammates and his own contacts within the game. Hopefully we can get some of these rumoured players signed up…takeover first of course 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Aren’t we getting young Phil Barnsley or has Rooney’s departure put the kibosh on that?

Probably. There’s decent players out there. If we can start doing business this week I’m sure we can get a team out that could compete at the sharp end of the league even with restrictions.