Who are we wanting to stay in League one

Bob The Badger

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Wigan and Rotherham are up to the championship. MK Dons, Sheff Wed, Sunderland and Wycombe in the playoffs.

We complain about parachute payments ruining the Championship but there appears to be a clear divide in League One too.

How many times have Rotherham been promoted from that league? Must be their fourth or fifth time in the past 10-12 years or so.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We complain about parachute payments ruining the Championship but there appears to be a clear divide in League One too.

How many times have Rotherham been promoted from that league? Must be their fourth or fifth time in the past 10-12 years or so.

To some extent it is only natural that the teams coming down are better than the teams who are already in that league, especially if they can keep their players

Looking at the Sheffield Wednesday reaction to last night I wonder whether they’ve had a similar season to us. Not in terms of league positions or results, but that they’ve hit rock bottom and Mooro has brought the club and fans closer together to try and get a foundation to build on.

I have no idea what their ownership situation is, or their money situation btw, just got the feeling that there has been some acceptance by both clubs what their situations are and you need to do that before being able to move on.

Edited by TuffLuff

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I pinched this graphic off Blake on Twiiter. (Cheers)

It's a great representation of our away games. Ten new grounds for me to look forward to. What about you? 

20220521_191737.jpg

8 new ones for me. living in Gloucestershire we have some local games as well. Bring it on. 

53 minutes ago, Ramzabac said:

8 new ones for me. living in Gloucestershire we have some local games as well. Bring it on. 

That's true, although three of the grounds I have been to are FGR, Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers. Will be happy to go again, if I can get tickets.

You have to laugh - last season they wouldn't put out odds for us until August iirc - this time, with only 4 players under contract, they're quoting us at a ridiculously optimistic price of 9/1 and 3rd favourites! ? 

4 hours ago, admira said:

Odds revealed 

64573C96-7915-40A1-A413-EAC74E7EA2D0.jpeg

Surprised to see Peterborough so far down. They ended the season with a punch with McCann looking like he can get a tune from the squad. 

Think Wycombe may have had their chance with an aging squad and Ainsworth linked away. 

Let’s see who we can bring in and keep.