Who are we wanting to stay in League one

Bob The Badger

50 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Same as you. If Plymouth & Exeter come up then that’s not too bad. Other “local” games within a few hours could also be Forest Green and Bristol Rovers. Proper little Westcountry league before long.

If we're going to FGR, we may as well throw in Cheltenham!

18 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Looking forwards to city vs derby.taking my daughter to her first ever game for it. I'd take her to Plymouth v derby but Plymouths a s***hole,and I don't particularly want to take my kids there of I don't have to

Plymouth is a great city….lived here 6 years. The Barbican and The Hoe are stunning areas. Like everywhere it has its parts, but there is a decent centre with shops, recently rated top 10 nights out and the moors and golden beaches within 20 minutes. 

On 17/04/2022 at 20:48, Bob The Badger said:

And to come up from League Two?

It's a sad state of affairs when the second score I look for is Exeters and then Plymouth. 

Living  in Cornwall, I'm hoping Exeter  come up and Plymouth stay where they are as both are about an hour for me. If I can get tickets that is, Exeter only holds just over 8k in total. 

Me too! Will be going to a few away days next season!

On 19/04/2022 at 16:30, Anon said:

I want Wimbledon to stay up and MK franchise to stay down.

Even though they're long trips, I'd quite like to see Forest Green and the Grecians come up. We should all smuggle meat products into the New Lawn next season.

Sadly its going to be a tall order for AFC Wimbledon to stay up. They've only got 2 games left and they need to get at least 4 points to stand any chance of staying up assuming the other teams down there don't pick up points.

Not to mention that AFC Wimbledon are still waiting for their first win of 2022.

I'd like AFC Wimbledon to stay up myself. I went to the new Plough Lane and its a nice little stadium. Not to mention the history of AFC Wimbledon is very interesting.

12 hours ago, voyager1 said:

Sadly its going to be a tall order for AFC Wimbledon to stay up. They've only got 2 games left and they need to get at least 4 points to stand any chance of staying up assuming the other teams down there don't pick up points.

Not to mention that AFC Wimbledon are still waiting for their first win of 2022.

I'd like AFC Wimbledon to stay up myself. I went to the new Plough Lane and its a nice little stadium. Not to mention the history of AFC Wimbledon is very interesting.

I didn't know their run had been quite that terrible. Losing to already relegated Crewe was a hammer blow. I've not had chance to go the new Plough Lane yet. I went quite a few times to Kingsmeadow, which was a nice stadium, but nowhere near well enough equipped to handle the size of the crowds Wimbledon have.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

I didn't know their run had been quite that terrible. Losing to already relegated Crewe was a hammer blow. I've not had chance to go the new Plough Lane yet. I went quite a few times to Kingsmeadow, which was a nice stadium, but nowhere near well enough equipped to handle the size of the crowds Wimbledon have.

Its definitely worth going to the new Plough Lane. It is a small ground surrounded by flats. Don't know what they'd do if they ever got into the Championship or Premier League.

The four clubs that eventually go down will include at least three with money and / or capacity problems, I think.  At the other end, I only see one "big" name being promoted, and it could well be none. 

A Division with Bolton, Charlton, Ipswich, Pompey, Sunderland and the Wendies in it is going to be tough. Harder still if you have to give them all a 15 point start. If that is the deduction you get, you will need to win around 65 points to be sure of staying up, and around 90 to make the top six. That's a big ask. I'd see promotion back into the CC a 2-3 year project at least, if it were my club.

On 21/04/2022 at 16:33, basilrobbie said:

The four clubs that eventually go down will include at least three with money and / or capacity problems, I think.  At the other end, I only see one "big" name being promoted, and it could well be none. 

A Division with Bolton, Charlton, Ipswich, Pompey, Sunderland and the Wendies in it is going to be tough. Harder still if you have to give them all a 15 point start. If that is the deduction you get, you will need to win around 65 points to be sure of staying up, and around 90 to make the top six. That's a big ask. I'd see promotion back into the CC a 2-3 year project at least, if it were my club.

The only clubs quoted to have come close to fulfilling their potential have been Sunderland and Sheff W - nothing to suggest the others will show any real improvement next season.

14 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Forest green promoted

Exeter city promoted last night

Potentially port vale, Northampton,bristol rovers,sutton or Mansfield for the other auto spot. Lovely mix of geography right there,will be some great away days for the fans that go away

Sutton is definitely the worst option there - similar to going to Palace or Gillingham - although there would be a novelty factor.