Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Sounds very much like CK may go from making birdies to doing bird. 

That jokes about par for the course with you. 

You're like an albatross around the neck of this board and anybody would have to be very green to think we can iron this rough situation out. 

Ill putter some tee on and hope you've driven a fairway and faded into the distance before I sit down for my chips.   

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hindsight is a wonderful gift isn't it.

He must have showed Quantuma proof of funds to even get as far as he did.

After the whole thing went Pete Tong then everyone is coming out saying I told you so. 

Not that I give a rats ass for the man himself.

Not necessarily, there were a few of us who said his bid was very problematic.

But we didn’t shout too loudly about it, as the alternative was the specter liquidation!

Edited by Ramarena
Wrong word

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

You're like an albatross around the neck of this board and anybody would have to be very green to think we can iron this rough situation out. 

Ill putter some tee on and hope you've driven a fairway and faded into the distance before I sit down for my chips.   

Hook off ?

23 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Not necessarily, there were a few of us who said his bid was very problematic.

But we didn’t shout too loudly about it, as the alternative was the specter liquidation!

I think pretty much everyone voiced concerns at some point, especially after he did a runner the first time and the Preston stuff. 

Problem is these concerns meant nothing, legally, concerns alone couldn't disqualify his bid.

Proof of funds is proof of funds, it may be a flawed method that needs a rethink but it'll be a standard procedure everyone follows.

Even had the administrators thought him a dodgy t*****, without being able to prove it they were obliged to entertain his bid. Unlike Preston they weren't free to tell him to sod off.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

One pun per post, please. 

Threads can't be ruined so easily if all the puns are contained in one post, they need to be drip fed into the forum, to prolonge the agony. 

I don't want to fall out over this, but let's just say your card is marked.

43 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hindsight is a wonderful gift isn't it.

He must have showed Quantuma proof of funds to even get as far as he did.

After the whole thing went Pete Tong then everyone is coming out saying I told you so. 

Not that I give a rats ass for the man himself.

the lack of clarity about his wealth was there from the start. Lots of people pointed it out. “crypto investments” and his business which had hidden accounts.

$1m turnover for his company ffs my family business does that and we are skint! 

a complete joke he was allowed so much attention, the interview he did on the official site, he surely has mental issues? why would you do that if you are clearly skint.

2 minutes ago, alram said:

the lack of clarity about his wealth was there from the start. Lots of people pointed it out. “crypto investments” and his business which had hidden accounts.

$1m turnover for his company ffs my family business does that and we are skint! 

a complete joke he was allowed so much attention, the interview he did on the official site, he surely has mental issues? why would you do that if you are clearly skint.

That's the thing, what was his endgame?

Why did we fall for it? 

The more we know, the less makes sense.

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

That's the thing, what was his endgame?

Why did we fall for it? 

The more we know, the less makes sense.

it is crazy. 

as you say it makes zero sense. at least if it’s a legitimate businessman tyre kicker you might understand motives like getting your name in the paper, publicity for your company, ego?

this guy none of those things would benefit him. Complete and utter weirdo. I hope he gets the karma coming to him and he’s punished for his narsassistic lying.

even his wife was involved, both of them were acting like they owned the club. complete and utter fantasists

Edited by alram

Astonishing article. What gets me is that sophisticated investors like Goldman Sachs got involved with Slync.io but did not think to question the corporate governance or financial controls before pumping in millions. Absolute madness that Kirchner (if the article is correct) was the only man able to access the investment bank account, that he alone reported performance figures & that any CFO could work in that environment!!

I think this is as lucky as the escape we had when we got League of Gentlemen rather than SISU in 2006. To those querying why Kirchner would bother, I'd point to the case of Allen Stanford...the adulation of fans & a feeling of control/power brought about by money (however fleeting) was certainly intoxicating with that individual.

Certainly embarrassing for Quantuma, Stretford & the EFL. As fans we were desperate so a lot of the red flags were understandably glossed over. I also well remember Ian Redfern getting a lot of stick on Twitter & on this forum for calling Kirchner out. I suspect Kirchner is a story that will continue to run, possibly with a corporate collapse once the money runs out & that Goldman et al will be wanting some accountability very soon.

Got to remember it wasn't Slync buying us, but Kirchner as an individual.

As bad as all the stuff revealed about the company is none of it would technically have factored into the takeover deal. 

Again, I suspect he's still got a perfectly healthy personal bank balance, for the time being anyway.

Perhaps that won't be the case soon, if the source of the money in his personal account is investigated after all this dust has been kicked up about Slync.

17 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

As bad as all the stuff revealed about the company is none of it would technically have factored into the takeover deal. 

Again, I suspect he's still got a perfectly healthy personal bank balance, for the time being anyway.

Perhaps that won't be the case soon, if the source of the money in his personal account is investigated after all this dust has been kicked up about Slync.

All said and done, the guy turned out to be a charlatan. Despite making all the right noises, attending the matches, the stuff on tw@tter etc;  the end result of his promises puts him In the same category as the Fake Sheikh and Alonso. 

The biggest red flag for me was he seemed to have no interest in buying the ground, the only tangible asset to make the deal even close to a sound offer.  I was castigated when I raised this point by a few.

The real questions of course need to be answered by the inept Quantuma who did not insist on the £5M non-refundable deposit. 

Who could the EFL fit and proper directors test have been passed or the proof of funds?

It was to use Kirchners words a total f%ckjob!  

26 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

That is true but its not just the question of (private) wealth & being able to fund us. Its a broader definition of suitability.

He has demonstrated a total disregard to the circumstances of his Slync.io employees, leaving them without wages for 2 months whilst touring the world playing in Pro-Am golf tournaments. His idea of governance seems to be a closed shop where he controls the money, makes the decisions & is totally unaccountable...all pretty terrifying echoes of our previous owner. 

I also suspect the source of his private wealth & use of Slync.io funds will be revealed in a US court room very soon.

Edited by LeedsCityRam