Awards Night May 3rd

Wistaston Ram

Thanks, @IslandExile for taking over posting duties for the twilight shift! At least I could applaud those winners, which I couldn't do for those I posted.

I hope that there were lots of speeches recognising those who didn't win the awards, because everyone at the club played their part in what will be a memorable season for all the right reasons. 

The whole team,management and us supporters are all winners in this mixed up, horrendous,beautiful,awe inspiring season. Each and everyone of us should look in the mirror this morning and be proud, not of what was inevitable (ie relegation) but proud to be associated with a team, a name,a club which a lot of 'other' teams fans reluctantly accept that they would like to be a part of. This is DCFC and I wouldn't change it for the world! UTR!

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, @IslandExile for taking over posting duties for the twilight shift! At least I could applaud those winners, which I couldn't do for those I posted.

I hope that there were lots of speeches recognising those who didn't win the awards, because everyone at the club played their part in what will be a memorable season for all the right reasons. 

No worries. My conscience prevents me from sleeping these days.

I, too, hope there was recognition for the whole squad, indeed for all the staff. They have been magnificent and it should be formally acknowledged in some way.

Like Curtis was saying about the '72 team being celebrated 50 years on, I think in time it will be seen that this lot have been pivotal in keeping the club alive.

Really was a great night, the players and all staff were mixing and loving it aswell, a good party atmosphere and nearly all of them made a commitment that if they were wanted they were available, would be unfair to comment on the ones who didn’t sound so sure. Mr Rooney was great as always ! And to see the legends assembled all bar two was humbling !

F0E34E3D-2DA2-450D-8214-0DBC3CB4E359.jpeg

3 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

No Kevin or Colin B, the rest were there!

@loweman2do you know why Kevin never appears to go to these events? Is it because he’s shy or moved on in his life or has he fallen out with the club/players? I for one would love him to be there on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

@loweman2do you know why Kevin never appears to go to these events? Is it because he’s shy or moved on in his life or has he fallen out with the club/players? I for one would love him to be there on Saturday. 

Hector is shy. He doesn't like the fuss.

Just now, ilkleyram said:

I think it is a little bit of all of that, I think that he is shy and I think that he has moved on but in a good way, derby county will always be in his blood, I think that there are a couple of underlying issues but predominantly I just don’t think that it appeals to him anymore, he showed when I met up with him that he was happy to sit for a couple of hours on a one to one basis and talk with passion about his career and his love for the people of Derby, the same with Colin B, I would expect them both to be there on Saturday though, it was nice to see that Ron Webster made it, 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Could someone name them from left to right for us younger ones? I know the names of the 72 squad but can't really put them to faces, particularly now they're old. I can recognise Macfarland and Hinton, but that's it.

I can do some but not all, so - 

Roy Mac, Alan Hinton, Archie Gemmill (mostly hidden), Colin Todd, Alan Durban, John O'Hare, Jim Walker?, not sure but could be Ron Webster?, Steve Powell. 

I think that's right and I'm sure others can fill in the blanks. 

Not sure where Roger Davies was last night, but he told me Colin Boulton will be there on Saturday, Keven Hector won't be. John McGovern is working, of course (with Forest, so he'd have been in Bournemouth last night and presumably at the City Ground on Saturday.) 

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

I can do some but not all, so - 

Roy Mac, Alan Hinton, Archie Gemmill (mostly hidden), Colin Todd, Alan Durban, John O'Hare, Jim Walker?, not sure but could be Ron Webster?, Steve Powell. 

I think that's right and I'm sure others can fill in the blanks. 

Not sure where Roger Davies was last night, but he told me Colin Boulton will be there on Saturday, Keven Hector won't be. John McGovern is working, of course (with Forest, so he'd have been in Bournemouth last night and presumably at the City Ground on Saturday.) 

Thanks Ange.

My mate chatted to Roger Davies in Tesco the other day so I presume he's well!

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Thanks Ange.

My mate chatted to Roger Davies in Tesco the other day so I presume he's well!

Oh, yes, he was at the Supporters Club night the weekend before, which is where I got my info from, had quite a long chat with him. I suspect he's just out of shot on this photo as Roger doesn't miss many DCFC occasions.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Oh, yes, he was at the Supporters Club night the weekend before, which is where I got my info from, had quite a long chat with him. I suspect he's just out of shot on this photo as Roger doesn't miss many DCFC occasions.

And indeed, here he is on this video. 

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

No Kevin or Colin B, the rest were there!

So, it's known that the King doesn't attend such events. It's a great shame that @angieram says he won't be there on Saturday though.

Do you know why Colin Boulton wasn't there last night?

I hope the new owner, when in place, reaches out to all ex-players.