Oi, behave you lot, we don’t need more fines and sanctions

Day

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Lots of us go home and away and I’m no different, just don’t like being told we shouldn’t be going by someone that doesn’t want to go. The backing at Huddersfield was brilliant and we need to repeat that at Middlesbrough and then every game after that. We can’t do that if we just don’t turn up.

But still a few idiots near the Huddersfield section. One person threw some black stuff into the Huddersfield fans (not sure what but it went a fair distance). Got a picture of him as well but not done anything with it.

We need to stick Police into the main potential threat areas when it comes to policing fans and not be scared to arrest them. It might be difficult in the beginning but how do we stop it? I don't want the scum at games, and I want to feel safe. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Oh no.  You've risen to the I'm a better fan bait.  Did my shift to all 4 corners a long time ago fella.  Two injury time defeats in two trips to Sunderland, and a draw in a Plymouth monsoon when the stand was still open to the elements were particular highlights.  No need for anyone to justify themselves so I don't rise to it, not worth the bother.  I'm not sure why anyone would stay over in Boro if they can possibly get home mind, unless they have a medical reason so need to get the rest .  At least head to Whitby or somewhere nice after but each to their own misery. ?

Who apart from you mentioned being a better fan, so why go on to tell of the difficult trips you’ve been on, does that make you better than someone else. Every town or city has some redeeming features if you care to research and explore and not just dismiss it as a poohole, and we always call at Whitby on the way back.

Just now, Foreveram said:

Who apart from you mentioned being a better fan, so why go on to tell of the difficult trips you’ve been on, does that make you better than someone else. Every town or city has some redeeming features if you care to research and explore and not just dismiss it as a poohole, and we always call at Whitby on the way back.

That's an interesting tirade. The fella in the first instance actually called you out on it, I didn't really give a poo.  My take on away games was that everyone tends to put in plenty of away time at some stage and some of it's poo - bit of humour- but different reasons may crop up as to why you stop going so much.  Middlesbrough's lovely - when it's carpet bombed and rebuilt. Glad you like Whitby.  

Once again

How is me suggesting it may be more prudent to postpone a short fuse situation in anyway telling you not to go, or in anyway suggesting I wouldn't like to go. ?

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's an interesting tirade. The fella in the first instance actually called you out on it, I didn't really give a poo.  My take on away games was that everyone tends to put in plenty of away time at some stage and some of it's poo - bit of humour- but different reasons may crop up as to why you stop going so much.  Middlesbrough's lovely - when it's carpet bombed and rebuilt. Glad you like Whitby.  

Once again

How is me suggesting it may be more prudent to postpone a short fuse situation in anyway telling you not to go, or in anyway suggesting I wouldn't like to go. ?

So when do you suggest the game is moved to, and why is it likely to be any different. 

Just now, Foreveram said:

So when do you suggest the game is moved to, and why is it likely to be any different. 

I would suggest it's moved not to the end of the season when we may be relegated but possibly to the start of April when I hope things may have moved along favourably and people will be less volatile.  If not, then perhaps on police advice it could be moved to a more neutral venue to avoid pissed off fans decimating the ground, toilets, concourse and any number of pub windows and filling the local A&E with head wounds.  

I wish it weren't the case and I really hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to get ugly no matter when or where the game is played. Much is being made of our fans needing to behave and rightly so, but do we really believe that Boro fans won't be looking for trouble too? I'm afraid this is just another by-product of the gutless stewardship of the EFL, setting club against club because they lack the guts to make a call themselves. 

I am of the same opinion as 86! No matter what is said, some of our fans, and there are only a minute number, will be like a 'time bomb'. Alcohol and 'other things' will unfortunately fuel their emotions. Any contentious decision against us and it could kick off. Hopefully it won't. We need to show that scavenger and Middlesbrough fans that we are above all the poo directed at us and show the outstanding vocal support we are synonymous with. UTR

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Exactly ! there is NO way this game will be called off !.But there will be extra policing(police will be looking for any excuse)and  extra stewards ,if any one thinks they will be able to protest outside the ground No chance .I am going I am expecting heavy handed treatment from police and stewards(ohhh matron) abuse from home fans and generally a rough old time .But I have followed the RAMS through the hooligan days of the 70s and 80s and will not rise to the expected abuse. So lets ALL go to support DCFC and out sing those smoggie bar stewards !!.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

But still a few idiots near the Huddersfield section. One person threw some black stuff into the Huddersfield fans (not sure what but it went a fair distance). Got a picture of him as well but not done anything with it.

We need to stick Police into the main potential threat areas when it comes to policing fans and not be scared to arrest them. It might be difficult in the beginning but how do we stop it? I don't want the scum at games, and I want to feel safe. 

Why not email it to the DCFC liaison person or even the Derbyshire football police?

8 hours ago, Foreveram said:

You could always visit the Turnbull Ground in Whitby to see where we'll be playing next season if Gibson gets his way.  Nice little ground, mind you (they are my second team!)

4 minutes ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

You could always visit the Turnbull Ground in Whitby to see where we'll be playing next season if Gibson gets his way.  Nice little ground, mind you (they are my second team!)

I don’t think my missus will go for that.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why not email it to the DCFC liaison person or even the Derbyshire football police?

Part of me wishes I did, part of me doesn't want to. I kind of feel that if the police had seen it and made an effort to find him, or if I was aware someone had got hurt (I obviously don't know if anyone did or didn't) then I would do.

For all I know - that individual could be on this forum.

4 hours ago, BriggRam said:

A Friday night 21.00hrs kick off, time for everyone to have a few sociables, and enjoy a good game with friendly banter between both sets of fans

I know you jest, but the game at Notts forest kicked off at 12 o’clock and the pubs were open at nine.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Part of me wishes I did, part of me doesn't want to. I kind of feel that if the police had seen it and made an effort to find him, or if I was aware someone had got hurt (I obviously don't know if anyone did or didn't) then I would do.

For all I know - that individual could be on this forum.

I understand what you are saying but I imagine people were scared by the other persons actions. You wanted to feel safe at games, this might help.