Oi, behave you lot, we don’t need more fines and sanctions

Day

12 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I hope they had their trainers on, Some tasty lads used/go in there, I remember Damon Hague and Clifton Mitchel going in there after losing to Carl Froch, Damon had heard that 1-2 were calling him out, He went in...a bit like the Old Wild West Saloons, The place went quiet, Damon asks...who's been gobbing off, They all look at him...shrug their shoulders and said "not me" lol

Only a story I heard, But rubber stamped by others later...?

My old man was a regular in there in the 80's, he was a duckin psycho........this is not the voice of an actor

44 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I hope they had their trainers on, Some tasty lads used/go in there, I remember Damon Hague and Clifton Mitchel going in there after losing to Carl Froch, Damon had heard that 1-2 were calling him out, He went in...a bit like the Old Wild West Saloons, The place went quiet, Damon asks...who's been gobbing off, They all look at him...shrug their shoulders and said "not me" lol

I lived in Shelton lock in the mid 80's when Damons mam and dad ran the Bridge.  Always guaranteed a good pint when Bob was landlord. And the forest lot chucked the head and jumped into a car, they'd done the same at the Rose and Crown in Chellaston a few minutes earlier. 

Edited by ossieram

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I lived in Shelton lock in the mid 80's when Damons mam and dad ran the Bridge.  Always guaranteed a good pint when Bob was landlord. And the forest lot chucked the head and jumped into a car, they'd done the same at the Rose and Crown in Chellaston a few minutes earlier. 

The Ferrers was my local, Bob had it for a couple of years before moving to the Spread Eagle in Etwall, Cracking Landlord, Served a good pint, Shirt and tie on all the time, With being Damons Dad very little bother ? Went downhill a little when he left ?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Ferrers was my local, Bob had it for a couple of years before moving to the Spread Eagle in Etwall, Cracking Landlord, Served a good pint, Shirt and tie on all the time, With being Damons Dad very little bother ? Went downhill a little when he left ?

Yeah I popped into the Ferrers a couple of times when they were there.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Clifton was in the DRI when he injured himself playing American Football. I had had my arm fractured playing football and was having it played. The nurse came in with our dinner and I took the plate of fish n chips Clifton then pipped up and said whose eaten my fish n chips needless to say I didn’t own up ?

12 minutes ago, super58 said:

Clifton was in the DRI when he injured himself playing American Football. I had had my arm fractured playing football and was having it played. The nurse came in with our dinner and I took the plate of fish n chips Clifton then pipped up and said whose eaten my fish n chips needless to say I didn’t own up ?

Yes I watched him when they played at the Municipal Bowl at America Football...was it Derby Railway or something like that?

9 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Not quite, Just a bunch of males that when the time was right they would play games ?

I remember a Pigs head taken to Luton Town and thrown onto the pitch ? in the 80s

Seem to remember one being thrown at 'porky' Robbo at city ground 79/80ish might be wrong though

9 minutes ago, JJs dms said:

Seem to remember one being thrown at 'porky' Robbo at city ground 79/80ish might be wrong though

Very true. Carried in a holdall from the train station and thrown over the roof of the old turnstiles to a waiting accomplice before being launched towards Robbo as he came down their left wing. Allegedly ?

12 hours ago, JJs dms said:

Your memory is good JJ, I was there, Not the thrower tho, I was a good few yards away, Oh for the days when it was just toilet rolls ?

Even the DM thinks we've got the moral high ground! 

"Derby have sold their allocation of 2,131 tickets for the Riverside and sensibly, Derby supporters are urging each other to moderate their behaviour before, during and after the game. The vast majority are determined to hold on to the moral high ground as they campaign to save their club."