Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The overuse of the word/acronym "GOAT". 

There is, by definition, only one possible GOAT in each sport. And yet you see people putting the ? emoji next to any half decent player.  Yes, @David, I'm looking at you.

And don't get me started on the word "goated".

What you looking at me for, because I’m the goat?

On 18/12/2022 at 07:57, Bob The Badger said:

I can just imagine the conversation

Did you enjoy your Ortolan bunting?

Meh, it was no better than ok.

Have you tried cooking one in butter?

Yep, made no difference.

What about soaking it in wine for a few days?

The same, no better.

Have you trilled grilling it?

Yep, made it worse, the same goes for boiling, sautéing and cooking in a slow cooker.

What about wrapping it in bacon?

Slightly better, but still not quite there to be honest.

Did you try goose fat to cook it in? Goose fat is nice.

I did and it just took over the taste and made it all goosey.

You could try encrusting the little ducker in salt and baking it for 5 minutes and 19 seconds with a sprig of thyme at gas mark 8.

Well duh, I did that 9 years ago.

I bet you haven't tried force feeding it garlic for a year before killing it with a sledgehammer.

Don't be ridiculous, that was the traditional way in Alsace until 1281.

How about sellotaping it to a really hungry eagle and after the eagle has chewed it's head off stepping into rescue it and throwing it straight in a very hot deep fat fryer that has been laced with essence of peppermint.

Not tried that.

Hah!

But my mate Jaques did a fews ago.  He said it was horrible and it was no better without the peppermint or using a kestrel to do the chewing of the head.

Hmmm, maybe they just don't taste nice?

Don't be ridiculous.

Ok, I know this is going to sound crazy, but stick with me. How about blinding it, leaving it for a few days to stagger around all confused and then eating it with a towel over your head sans utensils because the beak is a handy delivery mechanism?

Good god man, you could be on to something. Pass me that knitting needle.

What an episode of Saturday Kitchen that was! 

Without sounding all Larry David, the premature "Merry Christmas".

Been hit with it three times already this morning.

Knocked me right out of my stride. If it ain't Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, just say hello/goodbye.

Edited by JoetheRam

13 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Knocked me right out of my stride. If it ain't Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, just say hello/goodbye.

You wait till a couple of weeks from now, wishing everybody Happy New Year till mid-March for fear of sounding grumpy

34 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

To you, sir...

sorry for being so fabulous GIF

I say it to people if I'm not going to see them again before Christmas (and if I like them). You're saying you hope they have a merry christmas

26 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Just got back from Aldi in Chellaston, Car park was packed...could have done with Wycombe's ?, Never seen so many folk in there, Looks like they had the same idea as me...sneak there on a Thursday when all are at work, 1st thing when I get my trolley and enter the shop is a female trying to push her way through when getting her veg, Nope not having it...I move straight on...she  mumbles...excuse me...you're welcome I said ?

Fella at the biscuit isle moaning at his female partner...no get them get them, I smile and walk past, Folks just standing chatting...excuse me...oh sorry is the reply, Female with a very young child 3ish...Child screaming they want the Chocolate Santa...in the when it's gone it's gone isle, Got all my stuff paid and left, 2 women now chatting where the trollies are just outside the door...I stand there...they move as tho I should have skirted round them.

Yep it's here again...Larry David could make a 22min episode in Curb Your Enthusiasm...Merry Xmas ?    

19 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

genuine question... who is he? never heard of him?

Then I have the perfect Christmas present for you. He was the writer of Seinfeld but did a spin off series called Curb Your Enthusiasm that should be pretty much essential viewing for anyone in this thread. Really, if you only do one thing this Christmas watch it - it's top five of comedy series of all time and I can't think of a better one that has come out of the US. Let's put it this way, it knocks Malcolm In The Middle into a cocked hat without breaking a sweat.

Just an example, here is the series eleven trailer: 

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Then I have the perfect Christmas present for you. He was the writer of Seinfeld but did a spin off series called Curb Your Enthusiasm that should be pretty much essential viewing for anyone in this thread. Really, if you only do one thing this Christmas watch it - it's top five of comedy series of all time and I can't think of a better one that has come out of the US. Let's put it this way, it knocks Malcolm In The Middle into a cocked hat without breaking a sweat.

Just an example, here is the series eleven trailer: 

Yes, it's pretty good...