Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

56 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

When you put out a veritable feast of nuts seeds and mealworms to attract a variety of different birds and the big fat wood pigeons scoff the lot.

6089CC5D-2CFF-4972-8862-B476EDFFA639.jpeg

I had to put diagonal wooden slats on my bird table to stop them (they don't stop until it's all gone). They still get a feed at the base though as the smaller birds drop food when feeding.

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

When you've been saving a good bottle of wine for a special occasion and then it's turned to vinegar when you finally open it.

I've had a bottle of Chateu Musar (lovely Lebanese wine) saved for a couple of years but it was corked when I attempted to celebrate with it last weekend.

Such a pity. It's usually a superb wine.

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The thing I love about this thread are the little snapshots it gives of people's lives.

I want to think this happened to you this morning and the first thing you did when you got home was to post it on here. Even before unloading the shopping.

Sorry to destroy the mental picture but we shop on a Thursday?

The incident has happened 2 weeks in a row but then we are entering the silly season for shopping and these things are bound to happen.

On 13/12/2022 at 12:36, Foreveram said:

When you put out a veritable feast of nuts seeds and mealworms to attract a variety of different birds and the big fat wood pigeons scoff the lot.

6089CC5D-2CFF-4972-8862-B476EDFFA639.jpeg

Then leaving a deposit of the roof...how inconsiderate of em ? 

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Then leaving a deposit of the roof...how inconsiderate of em ? 

Exactly, there’s 3 of em, they sit on the roof, it took em a while to learn to do a 90 degree turn on to the table. I wouldn’t mind if they just took  some and then left but no they have to clear the table.?

14 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Exactly, there’s 3 of em, they sit on the roof, it took em a while to learn to do a 90 degree turn on to the table. I wouldn’t mind if they just took  some and then left but no they have to clear the table.?

I had a bird table at one of my previous houses, I nailed a ball of food will seeds in it about the size of a cricket ball as it was in a small fishnet type bag so the birds could hold on to the net and peck at the ball, I heard a thump one day...looked out of the window and either a Rook a Raven or Crow was fighting the netting, By the time I'd got out of the house...the bird and food ball had gone.

I binned the table soon after ☹️

19 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I had a bird table at one of my previous houses, I nailed a ball of food will seeds in it about the size of a cricket ball as it was in a small fishnet type bag so the birds could hold on to the net and peck at the ball, I heard a thump one day...looked out of the window and either a Rook a Raven or Crow was fighting the netting, By the time I'd got out of the house...the bird and food ball had gone.

I binned the table soon after ☹️

I know the solution, but I’m not allowed ??‍♂️

4B83E62E-B579-4A25-B8F5-47739F55D5C2.png

People who start a reply with “So….” still annoy me as do people who say “Absolutely” instead of “Yes”, but my current moan is people who say “from the get go” instead of “start” or “off”. Yes I know it’s a US College abbreviation of “Get Ready, Get Steady, Go!” but for some reason hearing it stirs up strange feelings of ire instead me. Grrrr!

43 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

People who start a reply with “So….” still annoy me as do people who say “Absolutely” instead of “Yes”, but my current moan is people who say “from the get go” instead of “start” or “off”. Yes I know it’s a US College abbreviation of “Get Ready, Get Steady, Go!” but for some reason hearing it stirs up strange feelings of ire instead me. Grrrr!

And the omnipresent ‘Yeah 100%.’

As if 98% agreement was an option.

Sainsbury’s selling 5 donuts in a sealed paper bag for a £1, but selling them loose at 70p each. I can afford the £1, but might probably end up throwing a couple away. If I was on a budget though, how annoyed would I be if I could only afford 70p.

27 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sainsbury’s selling 5 donuts in a sealed paper bag for a £1, but selling them loose at 70p each. I can afford the £1, but might probably end up throwing a couple away. If I was on a budget though, how annoyed would I be if I could only afford 70p.

Hang on...

#1 - You only have 70p.  You can't afford the bag of 5 donuts.  Tough!  You only have two choices.  Buy the single donut, or save the 70p for something less luxurious, like a tin of soup!

#2 - You can afford it, so buy the bag of 5 donuts.  If you can only manage 3 of them, try and scrounge some real-life friends from somewhere, who may be willing to take the last two of you... or better still, donate them to that ex-squaddie that is huddled outside the shop doorway, cold, wet, and hungry.

#3 - The hypothetical budget scenario - You're not on a budget.  You can afford them.  And yet you still post your annoyance, whilst simultaneously questioning the severity of your own annoyance, had the real-life factual details been different.

#4 - You are therefore not annoyed at all.  You have gone out of your way to concoct a scenario where you may... or may not... have become annoyed!

#5 - There is nothing to see here.

#6 - Enjoy your donuts.

Edited by Mucker1884

23 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Baby Don't worry 'bout a thing

Cos every little thing's

gonna be alright!*

Dem three little birds keep repeating!