Crowdfunding

CBRammette

Saw a link somewhere to a justgiving page earlier. Cant find it now.  Some fans may be willing to chip in what for them are material amounts but how can you tell if something like that is legitimate or a scam? And that it will be ring-fenced for keeping us going to the end of the season and not for administration fees, claims, Pearce salary, etc? If done properly significant sums could be raised. The one set up may be fine but wont gain momentum if fans not sure about it.   Has anyone heard whether this is properly being looked at (and quickly)?

47 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Saw a link somewhere to a justgiving page earlier. Cant find it now.  Some fans may be willing to chip in what for them are material amounts but how can you tell if something like that is legitimate or a scam? And that it will be ring-fenced for keeping us going to the end of the season and not for administration fees, claims, Pearce salary, etc? If done properly significant sums could be raised. The one set up may be fine but wont gain momentum if fans not sure about it.   Has anyone heard whether this is properly being looked at (and quickly)?

Good point. We need one setting up by a reputable group and sharpish. If it’s just a small donation maybe buy a ticket on match day even if you can’t go ? 

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Good point. We need one setting up by a reputable group and sharpish. If it’s just a small donation maybe buy a ticket on match day even if you can’t go ? 

I wonder if we can help get the administrators to set one up? any revenue raised goes straight to the club. 

Then as fans we cam reach out to local businesses and former players for support as well.

On fundraising,  I know that Jake Barker has asked the administrators for their view on this. Jake is very active on Twitter and with Rams Trust, so both may help.

Up to now, the administrators have always favoured buying tickets and merchandise over fundraising.

The justgiving page set up by a fan has raised under £1,000 in two days. Not seen it much on Twitter or Facebook, so assume it is someone with limited reach, although good intentions. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

On fundraising,  I know that Jake Barker has asked the administrators for their view on this. Jake is very active on Twitter and with Rams Trust, so both may help.

Up to now, the administrators have always favoured buying tickets and merchandise over fundraising.

The justgiving page set up by a fan has raised under £1,000 in two days. Not seen it much on Twitter or Facebook, so assume it is someone with limited reach, although good intentions. 

That is the problem. It needs someone with the connections for it to go viral. I applaud him but thought if the administrators backed one it would have a much bigger reach.

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I wonder if we can help get the administrators to set one up? any revenue raised goes straight to the club. 

Then as fans we cam reach out to local businesses and former players for support as well.

Like the end of 'It's a Wonderful Life'?

I imagine a good many local businesses are creditors. Not sure if that would increase chances of them contributing or not.

8 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

That is the problem. It needs someone with the connections for it to go viral. I applaud him but thought if the administrators backed one it would have a much bigger reach.

They've been really reluctant to so far. I suppose when you're dealing in big sums they think it's an irrelevant thing. I think they misjudge the collective power of the ordinary person.

21 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Why don't we give Peter Shilton all of the proceeds for him to invest as he saw fit, what possibly could go wrong with that

Just a thought … could forum members fund between them raise enough to pay for, say, a class or a year group from a local school to go to a match? I’m not exactly sure of the cost of a child’s ticket but if it’s, say, £10 each plus a couple of adults, well that’s around £360. If forum members contributed £10 each that’s only 36 lots before we have a class full. We’d also need someone to contact a local school and offer them the tickets.

This would not only give us the opportunity to fund the club, but also encourage youngsters from the area to support the Rams.

Edited by Malty

3 minutes ago, Ramewe said:

5 minutes ago, Ramewe said:

We need to do something, I do think that one of the groups should start it as it will gain more attention, and people will put in from a reputable group.

Considering the relatively large fan base its difficult to get a coherent message across to everyone although the petition proves that it's possible given the right exposure. RD were going to raise with Q to act as figureheads I think although maybe one of the local MPs could assist here too? 

12 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Just out of interest, what would you want the money ring fenced for?

You mention the administrators and Stephen Pearce but in reality our biggest expense is player wages, some of whom are earning more in a month than I do in a year.

In effect you're asking the every day person off the street to contribute to millionaires salaries.

Its a tough one though considering the gravity of the situation.

I wonder how much each player could defer, which would help see us through another month or so?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest, what would you want the money ring fenced for?

You mention the administrators and Stephen Pearce but in reality our biggest expense is player wages, some of whom are earning more in a month than I do in a year.

In effect you're asking the every day person off the street to contribute to millionaires salaries.

Its a tough one though considering the gravity of the situation.

I wonder how much each player could defer, which would help see us through another month or so?

I think that would ensure the EFL got the points deducting machine out again. The business has to be sustainable.