Crowdfunding

CBRammette

5 hours ago, David said:

I did catch the end of a discussion on Twitter Spaces, hopefully I'm not taking this out of context, sure I heard the figure of £5m looking to be raised, which seems a tad unrealistic. 

The club has 356k Twitter followers, you would be looking at every single one of those followers donating £15, when you think that figure would be made up of duplicate accounts, websites, players, other clubs, bots and younger fans you will be looking at a much much larger contribution per person.

I'm not against crowdfunding, just think they should be a little more realistic in their targets and rather than cover the costs for the season, help contribute towards them, even 100k would grab headlines, better to smash targets rather than fall woefully short asking too much of fans.

I agree. I don't think we would be able to raise anything like that if we was to be sensible. However whatever we could crowd fund it would all help improve the clubs cash flow, make a difference and grab the headlines like you have said. 

After this afternoons exciting news it may not be needed afterall...

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think this is a good move. 

I spend my money in Derbyshire and am more likely to favour the businesses that step up to help us in our hour of need.

There is a comment underneath on twitter suggesting the council approve a badge or something that businesses can use online if they help but may not work commercially if many fans are Notts Forest!!! Also it is difficult as many businesses may just be unable to help at the mo as times are hard but may like to. At least there is a little movement but this worries me as always thought this would be last resort

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I think this is a good move. 

I spend my money in Derbyshire and am more likely to favour the businesses that step up to help us in our hour of need.

This a good move. Asking local business to support and make donations, this should be rolled put to anyone and everyone who wants too (without an minimum donation amount).