Crowdfunding

CBRammette

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest, what would you want the money ring fenced for?

You mention the administrators and Stephen Pearce but in reality our biggest expense is player wages, some of whom are earning more in a month than I do in a year.

In effect you're asking the every day person off the street to contribute to millionaires salaries.

Its a tough one though considering the gravity of the situation.

I wonder how much each player could defer, which would help see us through another month or so?

Agree but the alternative may be no Derby....? If we are £1m short for the season on 1 Feb and this could have helped???? We dont know what players/Wayne are already doing. And would you do your job for nothing?  A discussion of the morality of the level of players' wages isnt really the urgent matter (and unfortunately got us here but not these lads). Also we can do nothing and say Mel should be coughing up but if he cant/doesnt we perhaps lose the club. 

My point really is that a properly set up and obviously official crowdfunding organised by a recognised body would possibly encourage the larger donations from those who could afford it (ex-players, popstars, actors, businessmen) which could add up to a significant sum. Although I applaud the people setting it up and doing something, the one now wont get large sums as it needs to be more official and perhaps someone can help them with that.  I looked to donate and didnt as unsure if scam, etc. 

This may be something that the local group who came together yesterday can back and help get off the ground for the fans with the gumption to start this? Anyone know any of them to discuss?

also, there is the hope that the fact that this hasnt been started more officially means the admins are confident of being able to show proof of funds by 1 Feb without a firesale

23 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Agree but the alternative may be no Derby....? If we are £1m short for the season on 1 Feb and this could have helped???? We dont know what players/Wayne are already doing. And would you do your job for nothing?  A discussion of the morality of the level of players' wages isnt really the urgent matter (and unfortunately got us here but not these lads). Also we can do nothing and say Mel should be coughing up but if he cant/doesnt we perhaps lose the club. 

My point really is that a properly set up and obviously official crowdfunding organised by a recognised body would possibly encourage the larger donations from those who could afford it (ex-players, popstars, actors, businessmen) which could add up to a significant sum. Although I applaud the people setting it up and doing something, the one now wont get large sums as it needs to be more official and perhaps someone can help them with that.  I looked to donate and didnt as unsure if scam, etc. 

This may be something that the local group who came together yesterday can back and help get off the ground for the fans with the gumption to start this? Anyone know any of them to discuss?

also, there is the hope that the fact that this hasnt been started more officially means the admins are confident of being able to show proof of funds by 1 Feb without a firesale

I think the figure being bandied about is £7m.

And no, I wouldn't do my job for nothing but I also think I'd feel uncomfortable taking £20k a week when other employees probably earning less than that in a year are losing their jobs.

Where we are today isn't just about DCFC not being sustainable, its about the whole of The Championship not being sustainable and I hope, that as well as the EFL being forced out, this also leads to clubs reviewing the wages they offer to players.

41 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think the figure being bandied about is £7m.

And no, I wouldn't do my job for nothing but I also think I'd feel uncomfortable taking £20k a week when other employees probably earning less than that in a year are losing their jobs.

Where we are today isn't just about DCFC not being sustainable, its about the whole of The Championship not being sustainable and I hope, that as well as the EFL being forced out, this also leads to clubs reviewing the wages they offer to players.

Lets not bother then

So this keeps being mentioned in minutes - think latest said someone specifically charged with looking at this but nothing happens. Either they are confident of funds or they are leaving this really late?  Wish someone who could this ground officially would just do or say something? The clock is ticking............

if we get new owners we are likely to not have a single pot to piss in for a long time. this seems to me like it might be a good opportunity to have some fan ownership/investment along similar lines to crowdfunding. 

so we make a donation and get a reward (shares? a season ticket, a discount on future season tickets, even discounts at the shop, ground etc) it would allow those with deep pockets to help out - in fact allow everyone to play a part, and get something back for themselves and imagine the positive PR for a club that hasn't been squeaky clean of late to be seen to be leading the revolution toward better fan ownership/representation 

17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So this keeps being mentioned in minutes - think latest said someone specifically charged with looking at this but nothing happens. Either they are confident of funds or they are leaving this really late?  Wish someone who could this ground officially would just do or say something? The clock is ticking............

Nigel Owen (BAWT) is the man that has been tasked with this, they were on RD last night at 6pm, this was a response to a question on the fundraising.

54 minutes ago, swanny said:

if we get new owners we are likely to not have a single pot to piss in for a long time. this seems to me like it might be a good opportunity to have some fan ownership/investment along similar lines to crowdfunding. 

so we make a donation and get a reward (shares? a season ticket, a discount on future season tickets, even discounts at the shop, ground etc) it would allow those with deep pockets to help out - in fact allow everyone to play a part, and get something back for themselves and imagine the positive PR for a club that hasn't been squeaky clean of late to be seen to be leading the revolution toward better fan ownership/representation 

It would obviously depend on how much of a discount etc. you’re suggesting but wouldn’t this kind of defeat the object? You’d end up giving with one hand and taking back with another. If there’s going to be any sort of crowd funding it needs to be unconditional in terms of what you expect back.

I don't understand why some people are against fund raising to help the clubs cash flow in the short term. Everyone this way is able to donate what they can afford or feel comfortable doing, it further raises the profile of our cause and it allows local businesses to support (and get some good PR to by helping).

14 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't understand why some people are against fund raising to help the clubs cash flow in the short term. Everyone this way is able to donate what they can afford or feel comfortable doing, it further raises the profile of our cause and it allows local businesses to support (and get some good PR to by helping).

I do as it is mainly funding players wages  and many fans will be suffering financially. But many wont be and want a way to feel they can help in some way. You wont get large sums from businesses, HNWI, ex-players unless it is official. If people cant or dont want to contribute then just dont and help in other ways which are just as important but dont obstruct those that want to do it without anything back except helping club survive

28 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I do as it is mainly funding players wages  and many fans will be suffering financially. But many wont be and want a way to feel they can help in some way. You wont get large sums from businesses, HNWI, ex-players unless it is official. If people cant or dont want to contribute then just dont and help in other ways which are just as important but dont obstruct those that want to do it without anything back except helping club survive

I agree. I think it's important that any fund raiser is official and we know the money will go directly to the club. That way people will have confidence in where the money is going and encourages high profile to also get involved.

53 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I did catch the end of a discussion on Twitter Spaces, hopefully I'm not taking this out of context, sure I heard the figure of £5m looking to be raised, which seems a tad unrealistic. 

The club has 356k Twitter followers, you would be looking at every single one of those followers donating £15, when you think that figure would be made up of duplicate accounts, websites, players, other clubs, bots and younger fans you will be looking at a much much larger contribution per person.

I'm not against crowdfunding, just think they should be a little more realistic in their targets and rather than cover the costs for the season, help contribute towards them, even 100k would grab headlines, better to smash targets rather than fall woefully short asking too much of fans.

4 minutes ago, David said:

I did catch the end of a discussion on Twitter Spaces, hopefully I'm not taking this out of context, sure I heard the figure of £5m looking to be raised, which seems a tad unrealistic. 

The club has 356k Twitter followers, you would be looking at every single one of those followers donating £15, when you think that figure would be made up of duplicate accounts, websites, players, other clubs, bots and younger fans you will be looking at a much much larger contribution per person.

I'm not against crowdfunding, just think they should be a little more realistic in their targets and rather than cover the costs for the season, help contribute towards them, even 100k would grab headlines, better to smash targets rather than fall woefully short asking too much of fans.

The guy Mr Owen was talking businesses contributing on twitter open conversation last night

It was a good listen Rosiener and Owen Bradley etc on it 

Theme keep the pressure on 

Edited by Curtains

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The guy Mr Owen was talking businesses contributing on twitter open conversation last night

Thanks, missed that bit, as I say just caught the end. Gut feeling says it's still a little too much, I would set the bar lower to say 500k and move it up in increments.

Each target smashed refreshes the headlines.

I think given it looks as if there are around 10 days to go before we run out of cash then doing some crowdfunding just to help seems like a great idea. Obviously, as has been mentioned there needs to be ringfencing etc. so those bar stewards at Boro and wycombe can't get their greedy mits on it. Maybe set something up for the Birmingham game such as buckets outside the ground if we fancy doing it the 'old school' way. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Thanks, missed that bit, as I say just caught the end. Guy feeling says it's still a little too much, I would set the bar lower to say 500k and move it up in increments.

Each target smashed refreshes the headlines.

Twitter thing on again tonight 

Save Derby