Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

15 minutes ago, GadFly said:

I think I must be the only person besides the referee himself who believes that a yellow for both was the right decision. 

If they both had to be punished then it was a red for Samba for assault on Lawrence, and a yellow for Lawrence for some retaliatory pushing.

25 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

TL’s chance in the first half goes in and we probably get a point. 

Forest march on to 7th place at seasons end. 

As for pushing and shoving, just a thought - are the referees seeing our white shirts standing out and therefore watching them and ignoring the opposition’s?

No. Just following orders.

37 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

TL’s chance in the first half goes in and we probably get a point. 

Forest march on to 7th place at seasons end. 

As for pushing and shoving, just a thought - are the referees seeing our white shirts standing out and therefore watching them and ignoring the opposition’s?

No. Just following orders.

Edited by DavesaRam

Lawrence should have scored first half.

They get lucky deflection in the box to score start of 2nd half.

I think the younger players lost a bit of confidence after the goal but I can’t blame them too much as it was a local Derby away from home.

With samba being injured we should have bombarded high balls into the box and put in as many challenges as we could.

Let’s re-group heads up for the Birmingham game next week

34 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

Very painful game to watch. Stop, start, stop, start. And a full return to perilously playing it around the back, which very nearly cost us another goal.

Safety suddenly looks a lot further away, but I believe the lads can do it, providing we don't lose any more players and actually survive the season...

It's actually no further away at all provided the current scores stay the same.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Just not been good enough anywhere on the pitch today. 

I think we made the mistake in starting CKR, really had nothing to change it up. Ebosele is NOT a forward.

Feel a bit sorry for Forsyth  too, who has been excellent in recent weeks. Buchanan has been second best all afternoon, needed someone with a bit more experience to handle their excellent winger.

Midfield totally outclassed by older, stronger, stronger players. We lost the physical battle, but also lack that bit of class up front, that Forest have got. Maybe the occasion got to our young lads too?

Lawrence penalty came out of the blue and at least made the last few minutes interesting.

Morrison's red card puts the top hat on it. Three possible red cards and we lost that 2-1 too!

We need to get this one out of our system and regroup for the important games ahead. 

I’d agree with all of that and say, the key difference could have been Shinnie; like him, it’s gone though and as you say, regroup, good week to prepare on the training ground for Birmingham; there should be a buzz and big crowd to help the team.

30 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Tbh getting wound up and upset about things that happened after a penalty when the ball is dead is clutching at straws a little bit in my opinion. It's what happens when the ball is alive and in play that I'm interested in, where the game should be won or lost, and what we should be discussing. 

Norman Hunter and Frannie Lee want a word....

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Shame we changed a lot of the things that we’ve been doing well today, we seemed to be more bothered about matching up to them than playing our game.

I think fatigue also played a part on the pitch too, it’s been a physical and emotional rollercoaster for everyone. Today was where we missed Shinnie and jags.

We started brightly enough, but Cooper put a stop to that with a smart tactical change.

Lawrence tucks that first chance away and it’s a different game. Sadly not to be.

Morrisons red maybe harsh, certainly in light of Grabban and Samba’s transgressions. That said I don’t understand why Morrison gets on the field well before Sibley or anyone else. Sure if we’re winning bring him on to strangle the life out of the game, but if we’re chasing then forget it!

On to the next one and hopefully we get back to doing things our way!

Agree regarding Ravel, could we offload this transfer window ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree regarding Ravel, could we offload this transfer window ?

No one would make an offer. We need to find a way to utilise him. I’ve been saying that we should use him to see games out if we’re winning.

Bring him on for the last ten to help keep possession and stifle the game.