EFL statement

RoyMac5

Just now, Scott129 said:

I am also very worried about this.

If by some miracle we survive, they're going to come down on us like a ton of bricks for literally anything.

They won’t have long. If this debacle doesn’t usher in independent regulation then nothing will. EFL’s days as sole master of things is coming to an end IMO.

3 minutes ago, Motley said:

Agree….even if it’s to discuss other/all options e.g claims against Villa and QPR. Even if its success is unlikely it will let the EFL know the can of worms they are opening…..assume BAWT are all over this…..anyone from there reading this..?….do you need any assistance pursuing this with local solicitors..?

Maybe the much talked about crowd fund could cover some of this cost….clearly a crowdfund would never go anywhere near enough to save the club, but i m sure fans would contribute to this cause to raise some thousands to Sue other clubs…….BAWT..?…drop me a line if I can assist.

16 minutes ago, Motley said:

Agree….even if it’s to discuss other/all options e.g claims against Villa and QPR. Even if its success is unlikely it will let the EFL know the can of worms they are opening…..assume BAWT are all over this…..anyone from there reading this..?….do you need any assistance pursuing this with local solicitors..?

Well said.

Which supporter groups are active on the forum? To see if they are willing to help facilitate this.

Maybe even contacting the University of Derby to see if any of its law lecturers or students can help raise awareness and look into things for us.

Edited by Ram1988

22 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Keep faith. They're at least being dug out to the extent that they've made a public comment for once. Some valid points on here already, and the EFL statement needs to be responded to. Keep at them. Keep shouting.

Absolutely. The “we’re just applying the policy”line. Once the various MPs see through their veneer, they’ll be called out. Keep the faith. Their statement needs ripping to pieces. 2,000 words which say buggar all. 

I read the statement and it looks as if they're saying we've got until the end of the season to wrap everything up, exit administration or its game over. In addition, they've reiterated the no new registration game putting us in an incredibly vulnerable position. The very fact they're having to clarify that they're not breaking laws or are pursuing a vendetta against our club just says it all though. 

Just now, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. The “we’re just applying the policy”line. Once the various MPs see through their veneer, they’ll be called out. Keep the faith. Their statement needs ripping to pieces. 2,000 words which say buggar all. 

Unfortunately most of them seem as clued up as the EFL. I'm sure this statement will placate most. And we'll have more comments telling us to be pragmatic.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Margaret Beckett seems well up for it on the political side.

Said it earlier Roy, forget political colour, you don’t want her to be your adversary in a debate, she’s not the sort of person that suffers fools or will back down. Actually think, she’s just the sort of probing politician we want on the case, she won’t be fobbed off easy and if she can see b.s from the EFL, I’d expect her to really get stuck into them.

I don't see anything in that statement to get het up about, it's just a statement of fact.

Wycombe can get in the bin, their claim is too late and hasn't been communicated even to the EFL.

Boro have a claim predating administration, so have to be dealt with, even if that dealing with is like a small child demanding sweets at a supermarket checkout.

The fact that our administrators haven't dealt with it is on them, all the EFL are needing is proof of funding until the end of the season, everything else can be dealt with between now and then.

It's obviously too complex and difficult a job for them, so we'll probably cease to exist in our current form fairly shortly.

Another magnificent Mel Morris decision to appoint them, I get the feeling he only opens his mouth to change feet.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I don't see anything in that statement to get het up about, it's just a statement of fact.

Wycombe can get in the bin, their claim is too late and hasn't been communicated even to the EFL.

Boro have a claim predating administration, so have to be dealt with, even if that dealing with is like a small child demanding sweets at a supermarket checkout.

The fact that our administrators haven't dealt with it is on them, all the EFL are needing is proof of funding until the end of the season, everything else can be dealt with between now and then.

It's obviously too complex and difficult a job for them, so we'll probably cease to exist in our current form fairly shortly.

Another magnificent Mel Morris decision to appoint them, I get the feeling he only opens his mouth to change feet.

The point is there would be zero need for Admin to provide proof of funding till the end of the season if the club came out of administration and became the responsibility of new owners who have separately provide their own proof. But the EFL are refusing to allow that to happen and instead trying to force a fire sale before the end of the window to ensure we won't be able to compete. With one breath they say "rules are rules" when their own insolvency rules say it's entirely at their discretion. With another breath they say they can't intervene in claims between member clubs, yet they also say they've invited all parties in for comment. If they're being honest then their claim is if they don't force Derby to be liquidated, Middlesbrough might sue the league which then might see the EFL being finished. I wish what I thought of the Bamfords would make it past the swear filter.

35 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Said it earlier Roy, forget political colour, you don’t want her to be your adversary in a debate, she’s not the sort of person that suffers fools or will back down. Actually think, she’s just the sort of probing politician we want on the case, she won’t be fobbed off easy and if she can see b.s from the EFL, I’d expect her to really get stuck into them.

I agree. This is a time to forget about party politics it's time to bring everyone together including our local MPs to fight for our club.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The point is there would be zero need for Admin to provide proof of funding till the end of the season if the club came out of administration and became the responsibility of new owners who have separately provide their own proof. But the EFL are refusing to allow that to happen and instead trying to force a fire sale before the end of the window to ensure we won't be able to compete. With one breath they say "rules are rules" when their own insolvency rules say it's entirely at their discretion. With another breath they say they can't intervene in claims between member clubs, yet they also say they've invited all parties in for comment. If they're being honest then their claim is if they don't force Derby to be liquidated, Middlesbrough might sue the league which then might see the EFL being finished. I wish what I thought of the Bamfords would make it past the swear filter.

You can't sue the league, can you? 

I thought that was a condition of membership?