EFL statement

RoyMac5

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Don't think that's the right interpretation. It's the EFL trying to circumvent the law as their rules haven't been brought up to date.

I think it might be a misunderstanding of administrators considering a restructuring plan as a Plan B to not being able to put the CVA in place?

Surely if the EFL haven't updated their policies in line with changes in the law then the issue lays squarely with them.

I hope we aren't what brings about a massive needed change to football league governance because they will be totally and utterly complicit in the liquidation of this great club if they aren't very quickly hauled into line.???

9 minutes ago, falconram said:

Tracey Crouch has also spoken, the EFL have been backed  into a corner by Boro and Wycombe, this is going to see a change once an investigation has taken place. 

This could be very significant. Where is it, please?

Sorry @RoyMac5 - you beat me to it.

Edited by angieram
Add a bit!

38 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I understand why the EFL would want us to show that we have the funds to continue but I would have thought that a simple acknowledgment of this from the preferred bidder would have placated them.

i don’t understand the Wycombe/Middlesbrough thing. They have not started the process of going to court (as they cannot under Insolvency rules) and they have not asked the EFL for arbitration. Therefore  I don’t see how it can be seen as a debt. 

i think the rumour of the Administration trying to circumvent the rules re leaving administration has to be false as that would be stupid. I’m sure their legal stance is likely to be around Wycombe and Middlesbrough. Unless they are trying to get HMRC to be classified as a lessor creditor so that they only get 25%.

mel didn’t play with a straight bat and I was hoping that we would from now on

The second paragraph is the real reason there is an impasse, the claim by two league colleagues will never come to fruition, it is a ruse to make us sell players, weaken the squad enough to relegate us, then with one day to go say they won't  pursue it. Allowing enough time for the PB and finance for the future to be agreed. EfL,MFC and WW will tell us how they saved us.......childish and dangerous games being played by them.

1 hour ago, Warwick Ram said:

Mr Parry has very quickly responded to my last email. He states that Neil Bausor is not present when they debate the legal claims.

He also states that the new demands are not new. So either the administrators are not being honest or the EFL are.

Either way I actually think the administrators thought this would be done by January at the latest making this demand null and void.

Then things haven’t panned out leaving them in a tight spot.

I have chaired enough meetings to know that my desired conclusion would be the result of the meeting had I been there or not

Why are the EFL in talks with MFC and WW, if they declared that claims between clubs were not a matter for them to be involved in?

By definition, the EFL are taking a position - letting MFC & WW 'put there case' - and then taking it back to Quantuma / Ashley / whoever?

Yes, being facetious  - but it's the EFL changing their position all the time. Parry, like Shaun Harvey before him, and like the formerly-banned Ridsdale (how T F did HE get on the EFL board?), may be shown to be incompetent, negligent, or both - and will have to resign.

1 minute ago, falconram said:

Heard it on Radio Derby 10mins ago plus Margaret Beckett saying that the EFL also not doing as they originally said to her, this is going to get very interesting, 

Let’s hope they can get to the bottom of this and rip the rancid EFL apart.

Our focus right now must be on our club.

But when that is settled, the fight must be taken to the EFL and the organisation must be disbanded and replaced.

We all stood and watched while Bury went under, we must not make the same mistake twice, we must sort this so no other club has to suffer!

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-60027177

Hurray, now at last perhaps the stupid claims of boro and Wycombe can be ended.

The efl could be forced to listen to derbys administrators

Unfortunately I'm not convinced the MPs get it. Bridgen doesn't even get that we wouldn't be DCFC if we went bust!

"Mr Bridgen said there were a large number of Rams fans in his constituency and it would be "devastating" if the "dubious" claims for compensation put the club's future in jeopardy.

"I will be lobbying the Government to ensure we don't have a disaster on our hands," he said.

"If they were ejected from the league they'd have to start again at the very bottom and work their way back up."

5 minutes ago, falconram said:

Heard it on Radio Derby 10mins ago plus Margaret Beckett saying that the EFL also not doing as they originally said to her, this is going to get very interesting, 

That’s real interesting, putting aside her political colours, Margaret Beckett strikes me as a fairly dogged adversary to get the wrong side of in a debate. Not one to be fobbed off easily.