The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

The above paragraph is what made me think you were suggesting they wouldn't do a deal. We're possibly about to find out what their position is at any rate. Allot of the more belligerent oppo fans are counting on HMRC not accepting a % of the tax owed. I'd prefer it if a new owner did pay off all the club's debts, but I know that isn't going to happen and HMRC know that too. 

I know we are not going to pay 100% but i think to prove a point that HMRC won't accept 25% but will accept somewhere around the 35-40% mark,they can then say the preferred creditor status works and they have got more money than they would have previously.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It suits them both to get inside info from Efl. Whether the Efl , who should not be party to commercial negotiations with potential buyers , are reliable sources of info is another matter.

As Q stated when I posted weeks ago, They have evidence of the EFL feeding information to certain journalists.

Quoting WR here..."nobody wants us in the Championship" this has been the goal of the EFL all along, Get the media on your side, Followed by other teams supporters claiming we're "cheats" it then has a huge knock on effect through the football world, And maybe even cascading down to some officials.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They'll be looking to get as much as possible. Given the circumstances, it's pretty much take the offer of 25% or get nothing when liquidated.

That might not bother them £30M is hardly anything to them and they could be wanting to prove a point as to why they altered the rules,a warning shot to other clubs to pay up or end up like DCFC. To the men in the ministry we are just some football club in the midlands who we owe money to.

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

As Q stated when I posted weeks ago, They have evidence of the EFL feeding information to certain journalists.

Quoting WR here..."nobody wants us in the Championship" this has been the goal of the EFL all along, Get the media on your side, Followed by other teams supporters claiming we're "cheats" it then has a huge knock on effect through the football world, And maybe even cascading down to some officials.

Not sure about the last bit , but it’s true the Efl constantly briefing the media against us just whips up a total frenzy of misinformation. 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

We received an e-mail at work advising us to explain to employees about it. Don't remember it saying to put it on the payslip.

HMRC is asking employers, where appropriate, to include the following message on payslips:

‘1.25% uplift in NICs, funds NHS, health & social care’.

This is from .GOV

1 minute ago, I DONT MIND said:

HMRC is asking employers, where appropriate, to include the following message on payslips:

‘1.25% uplift in NICs, funds NHS, health & social care’.

This is from .GOV

It funds track and trace fiascos, index linked pensions for civil servants , farrow and ball wallpaper for no 10. Will that be on payslips too?

32 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I don't think you understand this purchasing/investment lark. A buyer of a distressed asset will be quite keen to see the value driven down. A long term investor (Appleby group or Ashley) really won't worry too much being in League 1 for a season or two.

Oh but I do. An investor wants the best deal.

The seller (in this case MM and Q) need to get what they can. If a buyer will not go beyond a certain limit then the sellers need to go down plan b  which in this case is MM lowering his price.

A buyer can walk away and tbf if it were I, that would have happened ages ago. EFL et al have had a massive hand in screwing us over but untimely Q are supposed to be a professional outfit who can cut through the noise. I use the word supposed as that is exactly how I see them.

I have absolute zero confidence in them getting this whole process resolved to the satisfaction if us fans.

I fully expect relegation, -15 pts next season, top youngsters leave for free.

Rooney may stay but bloody hell if he does he will be reveered until the end of time

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

That might not bother them £30M is hardly anything to them and they could be wanting to prove a point as to why they altered the rules,a warning shot to other clubs to pay up or end up like DCFC. To the men in the ministry we are just some football club in the midlands who we owe money to.

It is their job to collect as much tax as possible. Each case will also be handled on a case-by-case basis.

HMRC will not be a hold-up.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It is their job to collect as much tax as possible. Each case will also be handled on a case-by-case basis.

HMRC will not be a hold-up.

But as some are hinting at, the preferred bidder offers less than 25% and take a -15 point hit next season,the HMRC might well be there to collect taxes but there is no way they would accept that. That would go down like a lead balloon in parliament  especially at this time when peoples NIC rises next month. The general public are already against the rise and when they found out the club only paid 20% or whatever what they owed MP's would be ducked as to give an answer. MP's are more concerned about retaining support of their constituents not losing it.

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Seriously though I find the incompetence throughout the whole process off the scale.

The longer it drags on the club loses more value. None of it makes good business sense.

I'm actually at the stage now that I simply don't know how I feel about it all.

Frustrated. Infuriated. Astounded. 

On the pitch the lads have been a credit to the City as have the coaching team. Everyone else in positions of power and influence....................

Spot on post and you are totally correct

Given the fact we have now been in administration for the best part of 6 months Quantuma will have a massive bill that needs paying,they keep saying they are there for the clubs best interest but i am now starting to think this is not the case,there job as we know is to get as much money in for the creditors as possible which now includes themselves