The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

In an effort to preserve my sanity, I've kept away from this thread for the last 24 hours. I've just recapped on today's offerings and the mood seems very down.

Come on folks, look on the bright side of life, none of us would want to swop places with a Dynamo Kiev fan tonight.

I think its because results have been disappointing and Rooney seems downbeat for first time coupled with chat about -15 next season. We just want all this garbage to end and talk about football and I think the realisation that the ramifications of this will go on for a while yet have hit home. Plus the other miserable stuff in Ukraine too. Its a bad week.  
However, lets hope we just have a team and I have spent the day sorting out donations for Ukraine as a local farmer is taking lorries so at least it feels as if have done something about something. But need to hope hubbie won't miss lots of jumpers and fleeces!

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Just been assured that we’ll be fine. No one apart from people within the admins know why it’s taking longer than usual. Someone may have made a higher bid. Equally someone may have pulled out. Being kept very quiet within the admins camp. 

Thank god, I can sleep easy tonight knowing a poster on an internet forum has assured me we'll be fine, even though their previous assurances have turned out to be incorrect.

I've always shook my head at people who get sharked on dating sites into handing over thousands of pounds in the promise of love, but looking at the responses above I can see how it happens.

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

They didnt seem too worried about the billions of covid fraud which I would say is more of an issue as without that prob wouldnt even need a rise. HMRC make settlements all the time

They do but it was the government who forced through the rule change regarding HMRC and clubs in administration as they weren't prepared to accept the amounts they were receiving before the change.

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I think its because results have been disappointing and Rooney seems downbeat for first time coupled with chat about -15 next season. We just want all this garbage to end and talk about football and I think the realisation that the ramifications of this will go on for a while yet have hit home. Plus the other miserable stuff in Ukraine too. Its a bad week.  
However, lets hope we just have a team and I have spent the day sorting out donations for Ukraine as a local farmer is taking lorries so at least it feels as if have done something about something. But need to hope hubbie won't miss lots of jumpers and fleeces!

Well done CBR, I'm proud of you?

I bought one of these today...30% of the price went to a charity for Ukraine, Best I could do I guess?‍♂️

image.png.42e85667e9129819219ccf76d299c12a.png

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Are you sure about that? not that i am questioning your post. MM has said that he will sell the ground for £20M is that additional to the loans made by MSD against the ground. I haven't seen anything confirming things one way or the other unless  i have missed something.

well the £20m matches the principal amout of the MSD loan (ignoring the loan they later made to the admins). The Q statements as I read them indicate he is just looking to cover the liability and (if I recall) Couhig's ramblings seem to reflect this as well. And it seems doubtful HMRC would accept a sale that resulted in them writing down their claim if it also involved consideration being paid to the ultimate shareholder. So no I'm not sure but I think it's highly likely

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thank god, I can sleep easy tonight knowing a poster on an internet forum has assured me we'll be fine, even though their previous assurances have turned out to be incorrect.

I've always shook my head at people who get sharked on dating sites into handing over thousands of pounds in the promise of love, but looking at the responses above I can see how it happens.

You believe in god, you are knowing, and smart, and have a GSOH. No doubt you are a looker too. We should definitely meet up. If I pm you my bank details could you send me my rail fare?  Obviously I would have to come up first class, via an overnight stay in London perhaps, but I think £750 should cover it. You won’t be disappointed ?

Edited by i-Ram

11 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

They do but it was the government who forced through the rule change regarding HMRC and clubs in administration as they weren't prepared to accept the amounts they were receiving before the change.

It still doesn't change the fact that, if Derby get liquidated, HMRC/NHS will get nothing. 

Just now, Crewton said:

It still doesn't change the fact that, if Derby get liquidated, HMRC/NHS will get nothing. 

And it doesn't change the fact the government changed the rules for a reason, no doubt they would have been fully aware that clubs could be liquidated because of the change.

2 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

In reference to the news about Mike Ashley we have been here before. It was just over three weeks ago that he was ‘walking away’ from any deal.

I have so far not seen anything else to back this news up that a deal has collapsed.

In fairness buddy we’ve not heard him say he wants to buy it either. Paper talk and derisory bids only.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

And it doesn't change the fact the government changed the rules for a reason, no doubt they would have been fully aware that clubs could be liquidated because of the change.

It affects all companies in Administration, not just football clubs. 

27 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Is there a shortage of buses all of a sudden? 

Actually, I've heard they're currently repainting them all with the slogan "let's ignore Covid and spend the £3.5Bn a week on parties". 

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You believe in god, you are knowing, and smart, and have a GSOH. No doubt you are a looker too. We should definitely meet up. If I pm you my bank details could you send me my rail fare?  Obviously I would have to come up first class, via an overnight stay in London perhaps, but I think £750 should cover it. You won’t be disappointed ?

I'm sorry fella, but I've just pledged my last £750 quid to an Eastern European lady, who said I could Putin her if I sent the cash immediately.