The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Its true that Q may say they have been dealt a bum hand. But they had also said they expect there to be no penalties, so even by their own measure they will have failed if there are any penalties. And actually I don't think there will be any, it's Nixon after all, didn't he tell us Ashley had pulled out?   

They may have said they expected an exit with no further penalties but, as @iRam said, you can’t force bidders to pay more than they’re prepared to. It was an expectation not a commitment. If I put my house on the market for £xxx,xxx and the estate agents said they’d received enquiries and expected to sell it for that amount, it’s not necessary their fault that no one ultimately offered that amount at the time of making an offer.

I know we should’ve grateful etc etc. But it doesn’t start any ownership off on the right foot if whoever buys us is happy with the -15. 

Assuming we’re in league 1 next season who’s going to want to sign knowing next season is a dead one with a hint of relegation to League 2 involved. No chance of keeping any of our young stars either with no shot at promotion on the cards.

Very frustrating if Nixon is correct.

29 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

This is the problem with demanding answers / communication from the administrators, they can only say what the current situation is, what they expect to happen and their aims based on their communications with bidders / the EFL etc.

If anything changes they end up being the ones blamed and accused of not keeping their word. The idea that they're intentionally stringing things out to get themselves more money has been planted into people's heads without really any merit, outside factors throwing poo at the wall but nonetheless that particular nugget seems to have stuck in the minds of quite a few who now just get angry at the admins when things don't progress.

When the Boro claim existed absolutely nobody was willing to take on the chance of us losing the case so they had no other choice but to go for the cram down method, meaning we definitely wouldn't pay enough to avoid -15.

With the Boro claim out the way they told a supporters group meeting that any way forward was with the mind to pay out enough to avoid the -15. Presumably this was based on the discussions they'd had with potential buyers and the figures being touted to them - they're weren't just saying it to appease people, they'd be putting themselves directly in people's crosshairs by doing so.

...but now a couple of weeks later, with the bids in have things changed again? The -15 seems to have reared its head again.

Have the bidders actually followed through with the money they indicated they were willing to pay (avoid -15) but now put in final bids figures below that (not avoiding -15)?

Or has nothing changed, has Nixon just put up the article for clicks and have people have reacted in whatever way they inevitable would?

What has changed over the last week is our chances of being in the  championship next season. With that in mind the club has been devalued, and as a result bidders will most likely offer less. Just my opinion, but any astute  business person would take that into account

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

It actually gives the new owner a pressure free year to restructure the club as they see fit. If Ashley takes over, every player we enquire about will be double the price. In this scenario, Ashley could instruct the manager and recruitment team to only sign bargains, thus setting us up as a club that can't be held to ransom.

In the medium term it could be beneficial and would save about £30m in the short term. Another season of treading water is obviously frustrating for us fans, but I can see some logic for an owner. 

Similar thoughts, although far more garbled, if we're talking Ashley.

Yes to make his money back quickly we'd need to be a Premier League side, but in terms of his businesses we'd be relatively small fry.

If his wealth overall keeps getting higher and his other (far more reliable) businesses are performing well, how much attention will he be paying Derby?

Aside from the initial purchase price how much of a loss maker would we be for him in League One? In a basic attempt to answer my own question I found what Swiss Ramble put together a couple of years ago - but I have no idea where we'd fall that graphic. (bottom of post)

We could still make massive losses or we could make small gains. There are so many factors in play, but Ashley has been in football for a long time now and I'd expect him to know what he's taking on financially. Personally I don't think he'd bother if he was looking at a Sunderland type scenario.

History shows that he's going to spend as little as possible on the infrastructure of the club, as long as it isn't losing him too much money (or is making incremental gains) he may not really give a damn about how long it takes to make a profit on us.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think we will know who is who this coming week. If as is reported there are late bidders that could explain delays. If I was the administrators I would give longer timelines and bask in the glory of doing things before they are due.

Yes but whatever deadline is given in a deal it is always done at the last minute with everyone trying to make themselves look important and the key figure

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I know we should’ve grateful etc etc. But it doesn’t start any ownership off on the right foot if whoever buys us is happy with the -15. 

Assuming we’re in league 1 next season who’s going to want to sign knowing next season is a dead one with a hint of relegation to League 2 involved. No chance of keeping any of our young stars either with no shot at promotion on the cards.

Very frustrating if Nixon is correct.

Why dont we just wait and see?

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Yes to make his money back quickly we'd need to be a Premier League side, but in terms of his businesses we'd be relatively small fry.

If his wealth overall keeps getting higher and his other (far more reliable) businesses are performing well, how much attention will he be paying Derby?

Aside from the initial purchase price how much of a loss maker would we be for him in League One? In a basic attempt to answer my own question I found what Swiss Ramble put together a couple of years ago - but I have no idea where we'd fall that graphic. (bottom of post)

We could still make massive losses or we could make small gains. There are so many factors in play, but Ashley has been in football for a long time now and I'd expect him to know what he's taking on financially. Personally I don't think he'd bother if he was looking at a Sunderland type scenario.

History shows that he's going to spend as little as possible on the infrastructure of the club, as long as it isn't losing him too much money (or is making incremental gains) he may not really give a damn about how long it takes to make a profit on us.

Look at what Cov and Luton have achieved

Just now, CBRammette said:

Why dont we just wait and see?

Where's the fun in that?

The whole point is that we fill these pages with uninformed, contradictory, sometimes confrontational, idle  speculation based on the tweets of 12 year old "ITK" kids who had never previously heard that there were clubs outside the Premier League until they got a copy of FIFA 2007 on eBay.

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He wont be running the club himself if preferred bidder. I wouldnt expect him (if it is him) to be involved much at all day to day. Normal successful businessmen have a trusted team - they dont spy on training grounds with drones, have employees at their houses to grass up the manager, go into dressing rooms, etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Where's the fun in that?

The whole point is that we fill these pages with uninformed, contradictory, sometimes confrontational, idle  speculation based on the tweets of 12 year old "ITK" kids who had never previously heard that there were clubs outside the Premier League until they got a copy of FIFA 2007 on eBay.

I have enough of that home - did you not hear my "mum" tone in my post!!

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

He wont be running the club himself if preferred bidder. I wouldnt expect him (if it is him) to be involved much at all day to day. Normal successful businessmen have a trusted team - they dont spy on training grounds with drones, have employees at their houses to grass up the manager, go into dressing rooms, etc etc. 

I wonder to whom you are alluding ?

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I'm currently reading Jim Smith's autobiography - highly recommended - and you'd be surprised how involved many owners become. Ok, slightly different era but I don't suppose the egos of those stumping up cash for a "train set" have changed much since then. Ironically, TBE seems to say Maxwell was one of the better ones.

Edited by IslandExile

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm currently reading Jim Smith's autobiography - highly recommended - and you'd be surprised how involved many owners become. Ok, slightly different era but I don't suppose the egos of those stumping up cash for a "train set" have changed much since then. Ironically, TBE seems to say Maxwell was one of the better ones.

It is a good read. I think the word "ego" is the key isnt it. It seems to be a real "i've made it" type purchase. But if it is Ashley he's already done his "I made it" purchase so hoping he is more considered. Or he's always been a secret Derby fan, bought Newcastle because they had black and white and when he gets here he does go crazy!! Would be the Derby way