The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

That's an interesting sidestep from Parry

The EFL's cop-out has always been that they have to represent ALL member clubs and cannot be seen to be favouring one over the other

So here, he is basically saying - "if MFC and WWFC agree to it, then we have no reason to disagree - none of it is our fault"

Which in turn means that MFC and WWFC either agree to it, or they are explicitly admitting that they DO want to extort an "out of court" settlement from DCFC the club - because they've been given an opportunity to take it up with MM directly, and have it dealt with properly in a court of law - outside of our administration/insolvency process.

If they believe they have a case - they should be confident enough to take that opportunity

If they don't take it - it's because they know they have no case, but instead know that they can extort money from the club who are on the brink of liquidation

This is exactly what it is. I reckon Gibson and Moonpig are looking through the law books as we type looking for reasons not to go to court.

3 minutes ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

I’m sure this has already been covered previously but it’s just occurred to me, with HMRC being a preferred creditor, if we strike an agreement to pay them less will we face the full 15 points next year?

Not sure if they agree to our offer then it’s all honkey dory 

23 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

That's an interesting sidestep from Parry

The EFL's cop-out has always been that they have to represent ALL member clubs and cannot be seen to be favouring one over the other

So here, he is basically saying - "if MFC and WWFC agree to it, then we have no reason to disagree - none of it is our fault"

Which in turn means that MFC and WWFC either agree to it, or they are explicitly admitting that they DO want to extort an "out of court" settlement from DCFC the club - because they've been given an opportunity to take it up with MM directly, and have it dealt with properly in a court of law - outside of our administration/insolvency process.

If they believe they have a case - they should be confident enough to take that opportunity

If they don't take it - it's because they know they have no case, but instead know that they can extort money from the club who are on the brink of liquidation

Maybe I'm being pedantic and paranoid - but surely it's up to the individual clubs to decide so it should read "if MFC OR WW". I would have thought it's perfectly plausible and entirely fair and proper for each club to make their own mind up ........but then again the three entities (MFC, WW and EFL) may just be working together? 

It’s going to work like this. Someone will eventually buy us for something. We will end up in league 1 with the EFL deducting us a further 15 points for something they pull out from a self created regulatory hat. 

In about 3 years someone somehow here will uncover the unholy stitch up and links between certain businessmen, the EFL and certain other league clubs

its a monstrous pile of garbage that has nothing to do with sportsmanship, proportional sanctions, fair play, mismanagement  or anything else. It’s naked self interest.

50 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Couldn't help but see the verger in Dad's Army. Was that intended? If so, brilliant! If not, equally brilliant! ?

I have the complete box set of Dad's army and I understand what you mean but no it was not intended. It arose from short banter between @Tyler Durden and me yesterday on Page 640 0f this thread.

51 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

MFC and WW are the plaintiffs, they are the ones pursuing their claim for compensation it’s their decision as to how they progress it.

The choices are, I suppose, Arbitration or the High Court if I were MFC and WW I would want to avoid the High Court as the judgement will be solely based on the evidence.

I think we all suspect their evidence will be a little thin.

Arbitration is probably the way they will go BUT we need to take into account Gibson’s hatred of Mel and Gibson,s own ego, so who knows. 

It isn't their choice though.. they are prevented by statute from pursuing claims against an entity in administration. So why not go after Mel instead? Or go through the LAP  but against Mel only, not DCFC, assuming Mel allows that despite his mistrust of LAP. ?  

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

So.. What’s more depressing than the (no) takeover. 

NOT A 4King POLL.

a) The Leicester Play Off Final Defeat.

b) The QPR Play Off Final Defeat.

c) The Villa Playoff Final Defeat.

God I’m depressed now…..

Possibly the worst thing about all those playoff finals was that we were in good shape to do well in the Prem if we'd got promoted.

Had we gone up in 1994 we would surely have kicked on with a young, talented squad & a fantastic owner. Blackburn showed a bit of money went a long way in the mid 90s & we could have joined them. Instead a bunch of long ball cloggers went up in our place & came straight back down. At least we made it back 2 years later albeit with a very different feel to the squad.

The team in 2014 would also have done well...midfield of Hughes, Thorne & Hendrick as a very capable core & given the division was at its weakest (Leics winning title in 15/16), we could have been in European contention had we bought shrewdly. I accept the 2018/19 side was largely dependant on loans but there was still a decent core of players & think Harry Wilson & possibly Tomori would have come back on loan. Morris would surely have bought big also.

Instead the only final we won was with by far the weakest squad in terms of quality, promoted into an historically strong division (2 English CL finalists that year) & a manager in open warfare with the owners. We were always going to finish bottom even if 11 points wasnt inevitable. Typical Derby.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Possibly the worst thing about all those playoff finals was that we were in good shape to do well in the Prem if we'd got promoted.

Had we gone up in 1994 we would surely have kicked on with a young, talented squad & a fantastic owner. Blackburn showed a bit of money went a long way in the mid 90s & we could have joined them. Instead a bunch of long ball cloggers went up in our place & came straight back down. At least we made it back 2 years later albeit with a very different feel to the squad.

The team in 2014 would also have done well...midfield of Hughes, Thorne & Hendrick as a very capable core & given the division was at its weakest (Leics winning title in 15/16), we could have been in European contention had we bought shrewdly. I accept the 2018/19 side was largely dependant on loans but there was still a decent core of players & think Harry Wilson & possibly Tomori would have come back on loan. Morris would surely have bought big also.

Instead the only final we won was with by far the weakest squad in terms of quality, promoted into an historically strong division (2 English CL finalists that year) & a manager in open warfare with the owners. We were always going to finish bottom even if 11 points wasnt inevitable. Typical Derby.

But we may never have seen Jim Smith at Derby and all the fun and class players, Igor, Wanchope, Eranio, Asanovic, Baiano and others that he brought with him. Always look on the bright side of life ?

Since Nixon's "cover everything and something will be right" tweet have been wondering do you think there is any chance Binnie/Appleby bids could join up?  
Binnies cant/wont buy stadium but rumours are that Appleby bid will but dont have enough funds. If they joined up reduces their exposure/risk, club gets stadium back, presumably have enough £ for CVA % needed if claims somehow dealt with by Mel (more likely if he gets rid of stadium?) and Binnies get team experience with the club? We survive with more solid backing

Simples - well it is on paper!!! 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It isn't their choice though.. they are prevented by statute from pursuing claims against an entity in administration. So why not go after Mel instead? Or go through the LAP  but against Mel only, not DCFC, assuming Mel allows that despite his mistrust of LAP. ?  

Here the EFL are caught by their own statement they do not recognise the statute and that’s a whole separate argument and I would like to understand the EFLs rationale behind their position 

However if MFC and WW go to the high court their action will be against Mel personally and he as a private individual not subject to the Administration restriction.

3 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'd got over the Bobby Zamora defeat by the time I got on the tube because I'd mentally braced myself for the possibility in the last 10 minutes but I've still not got over the Leicester defeat to this day. Paul Williams ducked on the line instead of heading the first goal by Walsh away and the clown of a referee, Roger Milford and his linesman failed to see that Ewan Roberts had punched Martin Taylor to stop him collecting the ball before it fell to Walsh. Then as you say Harkes missed the sitter. To cap it all our coach driver instead of following the police direction for Derby to use the M40, went back on the Leicester route up the M1 and we had to endure the Leicester fans gloating as they overtook us and the stay at home fans celebrating on the bridges as we passed through Leicestershire. Disaster of a day.

We have been in 4 playoff finals been to 3, only one i coud'nt go to was the west brom one, now my fam beg me not to go.??. Have to agree the Leicester one was the worst, with the leicester fans celebrating on the bridges.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Just coming round after a few beers and a doze. Had this strange dream where Kitson missed a sitter at Wembley in 94. Not sure why. Every ducker knows it was John ducking Harkes.

#Inveruriesticktothemusicmemories

I've had a lot to drink since 1994..........and I bet you look good on the dance floor!

Leicester City turned me into an alcoholic, but then again if my memory serves me well in 1987 the wheels were on fire and in 1989 I woke up in the ARI singing Inspiral Carpets - Move to all the nurses on duty, for having far too many, but then again............

I knew it was John ducking Harkes, I just misspelt it as Paul Kitson!......and it's Sunday and I've got a headache again!

2 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

MFC and WW are the plaintiffs, they are the ones pursuing their claim for compensation it’s their decision as to how they progress it.

The choices are, I suppose, Arbitration or the High Court if I were MFC and WW I would want to avoid the High Court as the judgement will be solely based on the evidence.

I think we all suspect their evidence will be a little thin.

Arbitration is probably the way they will go BUT we need to take into account Gibson’s hatred of Mel and Gibson,s own ego, so who knows. 

Didn’t the EFL offer arbitration or court? To Derby ? 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The statement is so full of caveats you could drive a bus through them.

If its legally doable and if Wycombe and Boro agree to it then its fine by us. 

Not if the two clubs don't agree to it then we will take a dim view that they don't want to resolve this problem. 

Not sure why he is asking if its legally doable.. as I've said elswhere my undestanding is Boro are claiming againt DCFC AND their directors which included Morris so why dont they just go after him? . And Parry  doesn't seem so bothered about it being legally doable for Boro and Wycome to go to arbitration when they are not entitled to pursue their claims against DCFC whilst we are in administration.  

52 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

We have been in 4 playoff finals been to 3, only one i coud'nt go to was the west brom one, now my fam beg me not to go.??. Have to agree the Leicester one was the worst, with the leicester fans celebrating on the bridges.

Same for me, Would love to see Derby win at Wembley, 4 trips (POs and Anglo Italian) and 4 defeats. I promise I'll stay away next time we get there!

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I was at all 4 of those defeats. The AIC is definitely the least depressing..

(Was also at the WBA victory… Happy Thoughts… Happy Thoughts…)

So strange - the WBA one was probably the worst set of players we had out of all five - I was at them all and the WBA one I never felt that we were going to lose