The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think the problem with comments like this, is we genuinely have no idea how much of it's true.  Everybody is briefing their own pet journalists with their side of the story, when the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Take the drone thing - do I think Morris had a drone installed purely to spy on training? Probably not. Do I think the club spent a bunch of money on a drone system to record training for analysis by the coaches afterwards? Quite possibly. Do I think Morris watched some of that footage from time to time, and maybe even liked to chat to the manager about it? Quite possibly. Is that all that wrong, not reeeeeally.

Fundamentally, the problem for me was that Morris doesn't know that much about football, certainly no more than the average fan does. That's not really meant to be a criticism, I don't think any of us know that much about the actual mechanics of managing a football team because we aren't football managers or qualified coaches, or whatever.  But I suspect he's also a bit of a micromanager - he likes to get very involved in the business he's running. So you have the unfortunate combo of someone spending lots of money making decisions that they aren't really qualified to make.  That's why we had the random lurches between styles of managers, and that's what led to stupid decisions like renewing the contract of a striker who's currently scoring goals for a rival.

I still think the Nigel Pearson debacle was majorly that he was the wrong appointment, and a bad start to the season and mutual lack of trust. I'm not Pearson is just bad, but it do think it was the wrong appointment. God I hated him at the time though.

But yes, I can easily believe the Morris being impossible to work for aspects, including the bollocking Clement and squad in changing rooms etc.

Just now, Curtains said:

Why would the club accountantS sign it off without EFL say so and anyway we won the first case and then they won the appeal and we know why !

Accounts were audited by professional. P&S documents go to the EFL based on the accounts. The EFL accepted them.

Why would you change what you're doing if the EFL are accepting them?

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Accounts were audited by professional. P&S documents go to the EFL based on the accounts. The EFL accepted them.

Why would you change what you're doing if the EFL are accepting them?

I’ve never understood this and I’m sure if they had rejected them thing would be so much different now .

It’s a critical point 

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Why did the EFL not accept the original independent adjudication and feel they needed to appeal it, TWICE

People forget all this stuff. 

We were cleared on the ground sale as the EFL had to adopt Premier League rules according to Rick Parry so it  wasn’t wrong or illegal and we cleared on amortisation.

I except in the truncated clip that it probably wasn’t relevant regarding 1986 Administration of Middlesbrough although I think what is driving Steve Gibson may be allegedly that he was involved in sorting that out and probably feels aggrieved wit Mel Morris 

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ve never understood this and I’m sure if they had rejected them thing would be so much different now .

It’s a critical point 

The Efl had a change of Finance director and a change of CEO with Parry replacing Harvey. 

Parry didn’t like how the previous guys had looked at stuff so wanted to look at it again.   

he said as much in his athletic interview. 

so how is that not give Efl a big share of the blame? David on the call in was right to call this out and Jordan talking baalocks.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The Efl had a change of Finance director and a change of CEO with Parry replacing Harvey. 

Parry didn’t like how the previous guys had looked at stuff so wanted to look at it again.   

he said as much in his athletic interview. 

so how is that not give Efl a big share of the blame? David on the call in was right to call this out and Jordan talking baalocks.

That’s me mate I am David lol ?
It’s truncated to suit them allegedly 

ie It’s not the full call  

Edited by Curtains
Altered

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Posted in Transfer Forum, but if the Admins are accepting bids of only £500k for Festy - and from Forest!! - then:

1. it undermines what Rooney says about having the final say
  2. it scuppers what people say the Admins tell them in meetings about not having to sell players
  3. and it must mean we are miles from a takeover.

It  has been rejected no?

28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I still think the Nigel Pearson debacle was majorly that he was the wrong appointment, and a bad start to the season and mutual lack of trust. I'm not Pearson is just bad, but it do think it was the wrong appointment. God I hated him at the time though.

But yes, I can easily believe the Morris being impossible to work for aspects, including the bollocking Clement and squad in changing rooms etc.

He was the wrong appointment for certain players, After the Blackburn game lost 2-1, Pearson laid into them after the game, Certain players Keogh and Craig Bryson went to see MM on the Sunday, Pearson suspended for the Cardiff game.

Bless the little Princesses for being shouted at.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37489071

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Posted in Transfer Forum, but if the Admins are accepting bids of only £500k for Festy - and from Forest!! - then:

1. it undermines what Rooney says about having the final say
  2. it scuppers what people say the Admins tell them in meetings about not having to sell players
  3. and it must mean we are miles from a takeover.

It’s been rejected by him but it’s Pure opportunism 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-ebosele-nottingham-forest-6539133

Edited by Curtains
Added link

44 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I lost the plot with Simon because I was annoyed but I tried to get my point across-nevertheless

Clearly didn't check the facts. Here they are:

4.       Summer 2015 – Derby change amortisation policy for the 15/16 season (after discussing the change with the auditors)

5.       07/04/17 – 15/16 accounts are submitted to Companies House 

6.       06/04/18 – 16/17 accounts are submitted to Companies House

7.       Spring 2018 –2016-18 P&S information submitted to EFL (confirmed as within limits)

8.       12/04/18 – Revised 2016-18 P&S information submitted to EFL due to differences between FFP and P&S calculations (confirmed as £5m over the limit)

14.   04/07/18 – EFL confirmation that DCFC met their P&S requirements for the 3 year period to 2018.

18.   05/04/19 – 17/18 accounts are submitted to Companies House

20.   15/04/19 – EFL query why amortization fluctuates so much between seasons.

21.   13/05/19 – Meeting between DCFC and EFL to discuss amortization, EFL stated “it is an acceptable accounting policy” with the EFL stating large future impairments are a risk for the club to take on

28.   16/01/20 – Derby charged with selling the stadium above it’s true value and for using improper amortization policy, resulting in exceeding P&S limits in the 3 years to 2018