The Administration Thread

Boycie

Question is whether Ashley will step in and blow the Binnies out of the water. Until we’re told otherwise I guess we assume the Binnies have put in a bid that the admins can work with. Ashley is a man for a bargain, so IF the Binnies’ offer clears the bar it’s hard to imagine Ashley will get this 

35 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Question is whether Ashley will step in and blow the Binnies out of the water. Until we’re told otherwise I guess we assume the Binnies have put in a bid that the admins can work with. Ashley is a man for a bargain, so IF the Binnies’ offer clears the bar it’s hard to imagine Ashley will get this 

The only thing I don't fully understand is how 28 million will cover our debts (Boro and Wycombes wild claims aside). I am fully supportive of the Binnie's offer and hoping it will start the ball rolling.

44 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

The only thing I don't fully understand is how 28 million will cover our debts (Boro and Wycombes wild claims aside). I am fully supportive of the Binnie's offer and hoping it will start the ball rolling.

I think 28m buys the club, another 20m buys the stadium and is used to clear the MSD debt. Plus an extra 6m or whatever for working capital. Just a guess 

Whatever the split / amount it will be the minimum needed to cover football debts, plus whatever HMRC consider better than liquidation plus x pence in the pound for normal trade creditors 

I’d guess that Despite the EFL’s vague and unhelpful stance Boro and WW don’t have a judgment in court so it isn’t a football debt at this point in anyones language.

13 hours ago, Ewetube said:

Something I've wondered about, just a hypothetical.

How would the parasite claims be considered by a club not in administration?

Would they be expected to consider them in their accounts before they became an actual cost?

Would that affect the clubs P&S submissions for that year or only if and when they became an actual cost?

I don't know if anyone has any ideas on this, but it does give rise to some interesting scenarios. 

No accountant would recognise them in the accounts.

Would possibly be noted as a contingent liability.

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I don’t think it will cover the debts. And may not be the best bid received. Percy says Appleby offered over £30m

My totally wild hunch.

In what is a huge week for us, I'm guessing nothing will happen, the admins will remain quiet and at the 11th hour will miraculously announce they have sourced funding to keep us going until the end of Feb and they "hope to announce a PB soon".

The EFL will agree to this as they want to be seen as fair and also will be happy in the knowledge we weren't able to sign anyone.

The saga will run on.

Book mark it, let's see how accurate it is ?

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My totally wild hunch.

In what is a huge week for us, I'm guessing nothing will happen, the admins will remain quiet and at the 11th hour will miraculously announce they have sourced funding to keep us going until the end of Feb and they "hope to announce a PB soon".

The EFL will agree to this as they want to be seen as fair and also will be happy in the knowledge we weren't able to sign anyone.

The saga will run on.

Book mark it, let's see how accurate it is ?

Parry seemed to be backtracking in his EFL sponsored Sky Sports interview.. 1 Feb may not be  the final deadline, although Percy reckoned that without PB or other funding we would run out of cash in the 2nd week of Feb. So there may be more brinkmanship to come. 

If you had the capital putting in a lower offer like Carlise Capital has and just buying the badge make some sense.

With all investments its about risk and your appetite for it. Derby has high potential as a club in relative terms but with the risk of up to £51mil in possible claims against it.

By putting an actual offer of 28mil you force everyone's hand as a club is now in jeopardy. The next is to deal with the boro and WW claims through arbitration. Which if its ruled in our favor (which many people assume) means you have the club at a good price. Leave Mel to stew on his useless assets a little while longer which are worthless without the club itself and put in a low offer for the remaining assets to complete the set.

Easy as that. We beat Cardiff on the final day of the season to stay in the Championship and live happily ever after.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think 28m buys the club, another 20m buys the stadium and is used to clear the MSD debt. Plus an extra 6m or whatever for working capital. Just a guess 

Has Mel said in public he’s happy to take a huge loss on the stadium? If so what was the point in him grabbing it in the first place? Are people still trusting Mel to help out like this? Why on earth would Mel hand over such an asset to another multi millionaire?

13 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

If you had the capital putting in a lower offer like Carlise Capital has and just buying the badge make some sense.

With all investments its about risk and your appetite for it. Derby has high potential as a club in relative terms but with the risk of up to £51mil in possible claims against it.

By putting an actual offer of 28mil you force everyone's hand as a club is now in jeopardy. The next is to deal with the boro and WW claims through arbitration. Which if its ruled in our favor (which many people assume) means you have the club at a good price. Leave Mel to stew on his useless assets a little while longer which are worthless without the club itself and put in a low offer for the remaining assets to complete the set.

Easy as that. We beat Cardiff on the final day of the season to stay in the Championship and live happily ever after.

Aren’t we also useless without a stadium?

Just now, Gritstone Tup said:

Has Mel said in public he’s happy to take a huge loss on the stadium? If so what was the point in him grabbing it in the first place? Are people still trusting Mel to help out like this? Why on earth would Mel hand over such an asset to another multi millionaire?

He had plans for a multi purpose stadium. And a premier league team. Didn’t happen did it? A big fat fail. Time for him to cut his losses now which I think he is doing.

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I dont think most have any expectation of him doing anything let alone any trust whatsoever. However he is still a huge player in what happens to us and  I just have a smidgeon of hope left that he doesnt actually want us liquidated/still wants to beat EFLand Gibson/is a fan.