The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just been pondering exactly what punishments we have had or are currently under, from the EFL.

1. -21 points

2. Transfer embargo for 4 windows to date?

3. Wage cap (£4k) ?

4. No loan fees can be paid

5. No £8m covid payment that all other clubs had

6. Witholding TV money

7. £100k fine

8. No contracts can be renewed.

Is there anything else?

The roads……but apart from that what have the EFL ever done for us ?

47 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We wouldn’t own pride park as Mel would own it so we would have to buy the ground or msd would own it. We’d also have to rent the training ground and they’ve got a charge because of Derby so who’s to stop whoever owns the training ground from saying on your bike? 

also the other clubs have to vote us back in. How likely is that to happen. Ohh you’ve liquidated and got all your debt written off and bury had to start again in the basement league but it’s alright we will give you a place in league 2 at the expense of somebody in the national league? 

Not that I would want this to happen, but I am pretty sure the League Two clubs would vote us in there. We would be a very big draw for them.

When we were at Forest Green Rovers earlier in the season they were most looking forward to playing us and Sunderland if they got promoted.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not that I would want this to happen, but I am pretty sure the League Two clubs would vote us in there. We would be a very big draw for them.

But isn’t that turkeys voting for Christmas i.e. an obviously bigger club likely to take one of their promotion slots before too long?

We ain’t going to league one, two or any further below. 

Preferred bidder will be announced in time for us to make 3 signings and by the end of our game against Birmingham we’re going to be just 5 points off safety. 

The EFL have done us a favour, they’ve just made Derby county a stronger club, they’ve brought us all together and that means only one thing - going up to the Premier League and as far away from the EFL as possible within the next 2-3 years. 

Just imagine the celebrations when we come out of the bottom 3. 

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Preferred bidder will be announced in time for us to make 3 signings and by the end of our game against Birmingham we’re going to be just 5 points off safety. 

The EFL have done us a favour, they’ve just made Derby county a stronger club, they’ve brought us all together and that means only one thing - going up to the Premier League and as far away from the EFL as possible within the next 2-3 years. 

…………………………….and then you woke up ?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, I think that the money is more important for most of them.

But they would only benefit from 1 home game and 1 away game against us wouldn’t they and a bit of tv money maybe ? Not that much extra dosh to lose a promotion place potentially ??

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

We wouldn’t own pride park as Mel would own it so we would have to buy the ground or msd would own it. We’d also have to rent the training ground and they’ve got a charge because of Derby so who’s to stop whoever owns the training ground from saying on your bike? 

also the other clubs have to vote us back in. How likely is that to happen. Ohh you’ve liquidated and got all your debt written off and bury had to start again in the basement league but it’s alright we will give you a place in league 2 at the expense of somebody in the national league? 

I didn't say it was likely - that was Alan Nixon.

As for not owning Pride Park, what makes you think that it wouldn't be part of my fantasy pheonix deal? We've always leased Moor Farm, so not much changes there. It all depends on the funding of the owners. All three bidders look to me like they could fund an ambitious League 2 club.

Bury didn't start again cleanly. The new Bury was started by fans before the original club liquidated. Had they had proper backing and the capital to secure a league standard ground - most likely as a ground share, it's quite conceivable that they could have joined much higher in the pyramid. 

27 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Is that just guess work, a wish list, or something you have heard?

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Bury down to 10th level or whatever but we can go to 4th tier because we are a bigger club? These people are morons!

I think you will find that the phoenix club - Bury AFC - started in the 10th tier. When the original Bury FC rejoins the pyramid in 2022 they are expected to join at a significantlly higher league than the phoenix club. 

And we wouldnt be joining league 2 at the expense of another team. 4 teams will need to be promoted from league one if we go bust and same from league 2. The number kf promoted teams from the national league would remain the same in this scenario

43 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just been pondering exactly what punishments we have had or are currently under, from the EFL.

1. -21 points

3. Wage cap (£4k) ?

6. Witholding TV money

7. £100k fine

Is there anything else?

Suspended 3 point penalty for any month we don't pay the wages on time. Another for failing to stick to the agreed business plan.

We also lose our golden share if we are still in adminstration at the of the season after next or can't show that we have funding to fulfil our fixtures.

Then, once we exit administration we get a 15 point penalty if we don't pay the creditors either 25% upfront or 35% in installments. We could also be thrown out of the EFL if we don't pay 100% to the football creditors. The new owners will also have to adhere to a new business plan for two seasons which will limit squad size, wages and possibly prohibited paying transfer and agent fees.

...and many still think we've not been punished harshly enough. 

51 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

1. -21 points

3. Wage cap (£4k) ?

6. Witholding TV money

7. £100k fine

Is there anything else?

monday night raw no GIF by WWE   ffs

29 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Adventure ! I went to Hartlepool.

Wow what a place...not, We mooched up to Seaton Carew, Went in a local sat down and chatted to the locals, Then one by one old men would walk in and sit round a table, A good few, Landlord puts the TV on and they sit back to watch, He taped Bay Watch for them coz their wives wont let them watch it at home...Randy old beggars

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I didn't say it was likely - that was Alan Nixon.

As for not owning Pride Park, what makes you think that it wouldn't be part of my fantasy pheonix deal? We've always leased Moor Farm, so not much changes there. It all depends on the funding of the owners. All three bidders look to me like they could fund an ambitious League 2 club.

Bury didn't start again cleanly. The new Bury was started by fans before the original club liquidated. Had they had proper backing and the capital to secure a league standard ground - most likely as a ground share, it's quite conceivable that they could have joined much higher in the pyramid. 

Ashley won’t fund a league 2 team so forget that. Appleby fell in love with the club because of its history and when we start again all that history is gone. The binnies would be a good bet. I’d rather a club if history than being named afc Derby. Tbh I don’t think I would rush to buy a season ticket. Like I’ve said all 72 clubs get a vote and I’d say more than half hate us so I wouldn’t be so sure we’d even get league 2