The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, davenportram said:

SFL relegated rangers to the bottom under similar circumstances 

Rangers were liquidated and reformed as a new club.

The SPFL did not relegate rangers to the 4th tier.

The new club were allowed to join the 4th tire in the Scottish leagues as the most practical given the support, resources and infrastructure rangers had.

In a liquidation event it's a new club negotiating an entry to the league system.

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Course you can. Just don't accuse anyone directly of being corrupt on the forum. 

You're talking about someone who is seeking legal address for up to £45m. He has the funds to claim against the forum and directly from you if he feels like you've defamed him. Is it worth it?

Stick to the facts and keep the accusations out of it, and you will be fine. 

Can we still call him Pubehead?

26 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If the worst happens I am hoping for Conference South so I can go to a few games.

You can hope but it wouldn't happen ?

Teams as far south as Gloucester City and Brackley Town are in the Northern section, Meanwhile Oxford City are the furthest North in the Southern Section.

Part of today’s Telegraph article

—————-

“It’s difficult not to conclude that we’ve seen gross EFL incompetence throughout this saga. A worthy governance institution should enforce rules in a timely manner and offer clarity. The FFP regulations are specifically supposed to ensure that members cannot get into these situations. On those grounds, the EFL has failed. While Derby supporters know that ultimate blame lies with Mel Morris, Derby South MP Margaret Beckett spoke for many in saying: “If Derby are to be liquidated, none of those involved will be forgiven.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/20/footballs-financial-lunacy-cannot-tackled-red-tape/

Edited by Curtains

53 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

I`m pretty sure it would be 1 league down from the conference, so probably Conference North.

I read somewhere that whilst other Phoenix Clubs have started much lower down the pyramid, none of them are close to the size and fanbase of Derby and any clubs lower than this would simply not be able to cope with the amount of away fans that we would take.

There's got to be a place available in a league for you to apply for though. They're not just going to expand the league by one team to accommodate a phoenix club which has no legal affiliation with Derby County.

The North West Counties Football League actually took a stance against Bury joining their league once Covid hit, as laid out here: https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8263 . Also worth reading https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8403 for info on the final restructure.

If it took a wider restructure of the leagues to get Bury a place at level 10, I'm not sure why you'd be confident of starting at level 6 which has a much less changeable structure. Having lots of away fans doesn't mean you can just force your way in wherever you want. We'd have to wait for someone to drop out.

Also of course we'd have to have somewhere to play, but groundshares are allowed so you'd think we would try to do a deal with Don Amott and move in with Mickleover Sport for a while.

38 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Yeah a lot of the clubs below conference level would struggle to accommodate potentially 4k or 5k people turning up at their 'grounds'.

Depending on the club that was formed, I'd bet on National League. 

And just who in the National League makes way for our arrival?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

31 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't disagree there's issues for the EFL. 

But for the moment we have a grievance against us, and the EFL need to sort it out. 

The interview says Boro were unhappy with the decisions made by the EFL, and threatened them unless they followed their own rules. 

After that, we accepted a points deduction after accepting we had to restate our accounts. 

I see no way you can argue Boro did anything wrong, or that the EFL shouldn't have listened to them. 

We accepted the restating of accounts and the points deduction. That's the result of Boro's challenge against the EFL. The only way to argue that Boro or the EFL did anything wrong is if we hadn't accepted them.  

The ground valuation is a separate issue, which we've been exonerated from any wrongdoing. If they want to revisit it they can, but it's not the issue in hand. I also don't think it would have legs, but after the first hearing about the accounts I would have said the same about amortisation. 

That’s not how it works Gboro.

if Boro had an issue with us and with Efl they could take it up against both of us. So sue both of us.

Not come to a cosy deal with Efl where Boro don’t sue them provided they go after us. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

“It’s difficult not to conclude that we’ve seen gross EFL incompetence throughout this saga. A worthy governance institution should enforce rules in a timely manner and offer clarity. The FFP regulations are specifically supposed to ensure that members cannot get into these situations. On those grounds, the EFL has failed. While Derby supporters know that ultimate blame lies with Mel Morris, Derby South MP Margaret Beckett spoke for many in saying: “If Derby are to be liquidated, none of those involved will be forgiven.”

above part of Telegraph article 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/20/footballs-financial-lunacy-cannot-tackled-red-tape/

What a great article that is. Right to the nub of the issues. That should be shared with every football fan across the Country. Morris and EFL, HAVE IT!

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What a great article that is. Right to the nub of the issues. That should be shared with every football fan across the Country. Morris and EFL, HAVE IT!

I agree as most fans across the country don’t know the facts .

They automatically presume we are guilty 

Edited by Curtains
Altered

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Apparently you can sue the EFL just ask Middlesbrough and the EFL 

An injunction and a case to sue for damages are different things. Asit happens though, I think I-ram helpfully answered the question earlier, and it might be possible. 

7 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There's got to be a place available in a league for you to apply for though. They're not just going to expand the league by one team to accommodate a phoenix club which has no legal affiliation with Derby County.

The North West Counties Football League actually took a stance against Bury joining their league once Covid hit, as laid out here: https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8263 . Also worth reading https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8403 for info on the final restructure.

If it took a wider restructure of the leagues to get Bury a place at level 10, I'm not sure why you'd be confident of starting at level 6 which has a much less changeable structure. Having lots of away fans doesn't mean you can just force your way in wherever you want. We'd have to wait for someone to drop out.

Also of course we'd have to have somewhere to play, but groundshares are allowed so you'd think we would try to do a deal with Don Amott and move in with Mickleover Sport for a while.

This may be unthinkable, but might a smaller local team be willing to merge with a new Derby?

XXX & Derby County

Their team gets to sell their old stadium - get a nice new stadium, loads of fans - and the new Derby County starts in a higher tier than it might do otherwise!

Better than tier 9 or 10?!