The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, SBW said:

So you don't ever comment on footballer's play, as you can't do it yourself?  What a horrendous argument.

Selling players who will walk for free in the summer, meanwhile saving their wages (saving millions as a result) when relegation is extremely likely anyway.  It wont impact the value of the club, cos those assets are going to go for nothing.

You were beating up the Admin based on what you thought they should have done.

You took a position that couldn't really be argued against except to say that is not where we are now!

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why would Clubs pay money for players in January knowing that they can get them for free a few months later as they will be out of contract 

Clubs purchase players with 6months on their contract all the time. 

I'm sure I read Forest are offering 1m or so for Jed Wallace - out of contract in the summer.  If you wait til the summer when they're free, you end up paying them the extra money anyway instead of a fee.  Plus there's loads more competition.  It happens a hell of a lot. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You were beating up the Admin based on what you thought they should have done.

You took a position that couldn't really be argued against except to say that is not where we are now!

I am criticising them for their poor management of the situation, that has gotten worse as a direct result of their inaction.  

1 minute ago, SBW said:

Clubs purchase players with 6months on their contract all the time. 

I'm sure I read Forest are offering 1m or so for Jed Wallace - out of contract in the summer.  If you wait til the summer when they're free, you end up paying them the extra money anyway instead of a fee.  Plus there's loads more competition.  It happens a hell of a lot. 

I don't think the administrators are totally blameless in all of this neither are the EFL, the truth more often than not lies somewhere in between.

2 minutes ago, SBW said:

I am criticising them for their poor management of the situation, that has gotten worse as a direct result of their inaction.  

No you are saying they should have done certain things, in your opinion, based on where we are now. Time machine needed.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think the administrators are totally blameless in all of this neither are the EFL, the truth more often than not lies somewhere in between.

I think there are many wrongs, mistakes, questionable decisions and blame on all sides for this.

Suffice to say I'd be happy for it to be the same bin that steve gibson and mel morris get into.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

In this case, the only blame I can attach to the admin team is that they underestimated how ****ing useless and corrupt the EFL are.  

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

In this case, the only blame I can attach to the admin team is that they underestimated how ****ing useless and corrupt the EFL are.  

Pete point I was trying to make was that the EFL can fire pelters at the admin team and some of those will stick and vice versa but this doesn't do anyone any good.

The quote from the Sports Minister today about all parties finding a pragmatic solution is the most sensible outcome to try and resolve this. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

30 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I think when the board of the EFL has its members sitting on it, most things can be brought back to a conflict of interest. Like the fact Stephen Pearce was on it for ages.

That cartoon posted earlier summed it up perfectly. Every club member who attends the EFL sessions has a conflict of interest.  Whole structure is wrong which is why independent regulator is so badly needed.

52 minutes ago, SBW said:

You're not getting my point.  You are addressing the matter of them not making a claim.  I am not saying they should have dealt directly with Wycombe and Boro off the bat.

But this issue hasn't just occurred.  For it to be an issue that the EFL say needs resolving, it would have needed resolving a few months ago too.  I.e imagine a preferred bidder was found in November and Q went to the EFL and said, 'here ya go' EFL would have said, 'hang on chaps, what about Boro and Wycombe, you have choices on how to deal with it, but it needs addressing'.  Then decisions could have been made on that.

Looks to me like it was ignorantly forgotten about.  That dialogue should have occurred.  Because now there's discussion around going to court about it.  If that had happened in Nov, it might even be resolved by now.  It might not be also, but it would be further down the line.

It's been a huge oversight. 

It wasnt forgotten about, it was looked at and cast aside on the basis that it is not a valid claim.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm starting to think going to the LAP immediately is the only option. If we lose we are liquidated if we win we survive and the new guy takes over.... High stakes. 

I’m betting the EFL would take till early Feb to organise it.

5 minutes ago, SBW said:

They have been in charge for 4 months. 

They have resolved the issue of our FFP charges from the EFL. They have secured bids from three credible buyers. They have devised a  plan for exiting administration, which was rejected by EFL last week. They have taken advice re the Boro and Wycombe claims which is that they are without merit. I don't think they can settle those claims anyway if EFL believe them to be football creditors because that would give unlawful preference ahead of actually preferred creditors.     

So what exactly do you think the admin team should have done that they actually haven't? What is this inaction? 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No you are saying they should have done certain things, in your opinion, based on where we are now. Time machine needed.

You don’t need a time machine. Everyone on here - literally everyone - would have told Q in September : don’t assume Gibbo will be rational. Don’t assume he will stop being vindictive. 

It’s one of the few things everyone on here would agree on ! But Q built a plan which assumed they could pay him off at the value of his stupid claim 

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm starting to think going to the LAP immediately is the only option. If we lose we are liquidated if we win we survive and the new guy takes over.... High stakes. 

Don’t think that’s an option until Gibbo initiates the claim.  That’s why Q are talking about going to the insolvency court instead 

Edited by kevinhectoring

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60031718

Any one know what a “Legal Ruling” is as referred to on bbc?

in particular how long does it take to get? And what happens if it goes for/against.

(Apols if discussed already).

I *think* it is:

They go to a court and present a restructuring of debt as the only viable option next to liquidation and a better way for creditors than liquidation, and that all other options have been expored and are not viable. If the judge agrees than by order of the court, that process takes place.

Upsde, things are resolved, DCFC has new owners.

Downside, needs court approval, screws creditors even harder than any CVA option, we get at least -15 points next season if not kicked out the league (potentially)

Upside boro and ww will get FA.

It's a last resort before liquidation option and does not represent a good outcome, but it's a doable one if the Boro and WW issue can't be resolved.