The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

No I'm not sure, but I still think there will be a solution even if it's not going to be as quick as we'd all like.

Looks like their next step is securing funding and carrying on in situ... 

But the next step funding Nixon is implying will be part of a buying consortium?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Are we to 'carry on' with our teeny squad until something happens?

How would that work and how would it be seen as fielding a competitive team for the whole league/competition - can't remember the phrase the EFL use.

In the response Quantuma suggested the plan is to secure funding then to deal with various matters including selling season tickets, securing commercial contracts and strengthening the squad. I presume if funding is secured then a break even business plan can be agreed with EFL which should allow some cheap additions.

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Because he was only going to act as an intermediary as CK wouldn't deal with MM (or it might be the other way round). CK drops out so no need for Clowes to buy the club.

I think you’re guessing that was the case. Just a rumour imo! If he had bought PP in any case, he could have transferred it over to a new buyer at the same cost, if he was going to be so generous spirited.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

In the response Quantuma suggested the plan is to secure funding then to deal with various matters including selling season tickets, securing commercial contracts and strengthening the squad. I presume if funding is secured then a break even business plan can be agreed with EFL which should allow some cheap additions.

So the EFL will have to be involved because they will want assurance that we can complete/compete? They will have to drop/loosen the embargo? How will that sit with other clubs?

Will Weds night/Thursday fixtures be a first 'deadline'?

Sorry lots of questions, that I'm not really asking you. ? #COYR

50 minutes ago, Carnero said:

"the minimum requirements for a bidder to be referred to the EFL for consideration are:

1) Bidders to submit offers that pay football creditors in full, pay 25p in the £ to other creditors (or 35p in the £ over 3 years) and propose a suitable solution for the club’s ongoing occupation of the stadium.

2) If such offers are not received, the next possibility is for offers that pay football creditors in full and propose a suitable solution for the club’s ongoing occupation of the stadium. In this scenario, where less than 25p in the £ is paid to other creditors, a 15-point deduction would be imposed for next season (depending on when a sale completes)."

---

I fail to see what realistic option doesn't include the very basics of paying 100% to the football stadium and securing the rights to play at Pride Park whether as owner or tenant.

£8.4m (maybe less) pays the football creditors in full and somebody (Clowes probably) has already agreed a deal for the stadium if required.

In theory for Option 2, a bid of £8.4m (maybe less) is enough!

What other option are you and others expecting is available?

Let’s say I was a potential buyer. Willing to pay £35 million for a club that can compete for promotion from League one or £25 million for a club that is handicapped by a 15 point penalty and a restrictive business plan. What then? I may not satisfy either options so are Efl going to say right then we will banish you from the league and let creditors say goodbye to £25 million or £35 million? 

2 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Of course at the start and up until a year ago he was totally on our side but as soon as he transferred the stadium to himself his game plan changed dramatically, open your eyes for crying out loud.

"as soon as"? 

I doubt that. As soon as he transferred the stadium to himself he had one last punt at instant promotion by appointing Lampard and allowing him to sign Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon et al, and three high quality loanees. The stadium company structure and transfer may indeed have been set up in such a way as to protect his "investment", but putting the club into Admin was never in his plan. I've said before, he started to regret buying the club as far back as 2016/17, but until the pandemic hit I'm sure he was looking for a way out that didn't jeopardise the club - after that, his aim was to find ANYONE who would relieve him of the burden.

Naivety, stubborness, arrogance and incompetency on a grand scale unquestionably, but I don't read anything more sinister into how it's all worked out.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

That’s the reality RoyMac5 as there are three big potential bidders in the business world who are not offering what is being asked but are willing to buy us.

But they are not willing to buy us at the price required so it seems, the only way they can buy us for a low cost i imagine is if the club is liquidated and they start a phoenix club. The idea of "let them buy us at any price" is not an option as the administrators have insolvency rules to follow, doubt it's Quantuma's fault that the debt is too high and bidders willing to accept it. Everything is about the money and not sentiment or history.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I see Nixon is going on about the stadium plus bid again. 

And involving them in paying June's wages as they'd eventually be part of the whole deal.

Nixon is exceling himself today in saying lots and saying nothing (trust me on that I'm an expert ? ? )!

Don't know why people keep asking him tbh, he must be basking in the glory.

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Let’s say I was a potential buyer. Willing to pay £35 million for a club that can compete for promotion from League one or £25 million for a club that is handicapped by a 15 point penalty and a restrictive business plan. What then? I may not satisfy either options so are Efl going to say right then we will banish you from the league and let creditors say goodbye to £25 million or £35 million? 

Fair point, but those figures are nowhere near if they want the stadium too, and would only satisfy MSD & the admin costs!

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The creditors would see none or very little of that by the time football creditors,the administrators and HMRC have had their share