The Administration Thread

Boycie

41 minutes ago, alram said:

mike ashley is the only long term option, we need to stop chasing results and short term goals. players and managers will come and go.

we want the owner that will put us in the best position long term and thats ashley. 

we own the stadium, pay less to the creditors (even if it means -15, the CLUB is saving money) and he is showing with this process that hes not going to waste a penny of the clubs money. that is what we need whether people realise it or not. 

How do we know he is buying the stadium, he didn't buy Newcastle's 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except of course they know MA of old! The might wonder if CK will keep up payments.

Why would they wonder that,it seems they were happy with the deal CK had put to them. Yes they may well know of MA of old but this time they have already received an offer which they accepted,do they then have to accept a lower amount,no. They might be more worried of the deal would offer.

29 minutes ago, curb said:

Welcome to the forum.

There is one thing wrong with your post.

The EFL can sell the badge and name to someone after liquidation. They would hold the players registrations, which they will sell to other clubs on liquidation to pay off football debts.

This I believe is Ashley’s end game, to de-rail the administration process and pick up the pieces post liquidation.

The blame will all be on the administrators (he’s already started the propaganda process), and he’ll bypass having to pay HMRC and creditors anything. He’ll probably get tha stadium cheaper too, as no football team makes the stadium worthless.

Thank you.

The liquidator can sell the badge, but to whom.  Lg2 yes it will sell; div 14, no it won't.  There is no value in the name if not a football club in a recognised professional league.

I'm not a lawyer, so will not contend against the holding player argument - it is in black and white.  It doesn't sound very enforceable in the real world, however. 

Who would pay the ongoing salaries? The league?  Why would anyone bid, on expectation they'd be released after a matter of weeks?  The same situation with regards administration for the Club would move to the players.  Agents would recommend players did nothing as they would likely get more salary by waiting a matter of weeks and having no transfer fee.  If they are being paid, delay.    

Employment law would also supercede.   All Bury players were released with two weeks notice.

26 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Not saying he’s my pick as I wouldn’t be happy with -15 points, but if he was to take over then I think I’d be optimistic in where we would be in 3-5 years time. If I’m honest, Kirchner scares me a lot as it’s just all so unknown and if you read Slync’s staff reviews of Kirchner on Glassdoor it’s concerning. Appleby is a good medium for me, tried and tested but (hopefully) without -15 points.

It seems odd to criticise CK based upon Glassdoor reviews but not to apply the same standard to, of all people, Mike Ashley?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/concerning-detail-emerges-regarding-chris-kirchners-derby-county-ownership-pursuit/

Ck paid 1.6 million to keep the club afloat, the article suggests thar if he fails to get the club he loses that money.

"

reassuring recent example to look to for Derby supporters would be the case of Wigan Athletic.

With very few senior players available and a less than ideal summer transfer window, the Latics battled for their lives at the bottom end of League One for almost the entirety of the 2020/21 campaign, and heroically stayed up by one point.

The spirit is definitely in place at Derby to replicate that achievement if not improve on it, and with Wigan strengthening enormously to take the League One title in 2021/22, there is hope that this will be a brief spell in League One for the Rams."

If Kirchoff has his own aeroplane then I doubt if baggage allowance comes into play. Then why didn’t he fill several suitcases with £50 notes, fly directly to EMA and then get the DCFC minibus to collect him?

It’d all be sorted by now. Anyone can see how easy things can be - if only he’d thought things through properly. 

2 hours ago, Phuket Ram said:

Really??  I can’t think of any way that could possibly happen, for many reasons.

Players become free agents - the last time I checked. Unless the EFL are engaged in modern day slavery…

Where did you get this information from? 

Mentioned here

https://insolvencyservice.blog.gov.uk/2021/08/02/the-world-of-football-comes-to-the-insolvency-service/

53 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

How is it modern day slavery compared to a club owning player registrations?

It's rule 66.1 of the EFL regulations 2021-22

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-season-2021-22-final.pdf

So it is in fact correct then -  in respect of dcfc non football creditors, that they would have zero value. So creditors can either take the deal that’s offered, or take nothing.

They’re obviously much happier to wait for a buyer then! Good! “Just” the EFL to contend with. 

5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

If Kirchoff has his own aeroplane then I doubt if baggage allowance comes into play. Then why didn’t he fill several suitcases with £50 notes, fly directly to EMA and then get the DCFC minibus to collect him?

It’d all be sorted by now. Anyone can see how easy things can be - if only he’d thought things through properly. 

He'd have to be careful, EMA from Fort Worth is at the upper end of the G550 range, £20,000,000 in £50 would weight approximately 400kg, plus the suitcases, with wings full of fuel, he might need to empty the drinks cabinet ?

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Yep. Looks like both is true. Following liquidation, players become free agents, but the new club has to buy the player registration from the EFL. EFL can charge whatever is “reasonable”. EFL can then either keep the money, or hand some of it to football creditors under the football compensation scheme. 

it’s all a moot point, but just adds clarity and confirmation that it’s in nobody’s interest to pursue liquidation. Well, with the big exception of the EFL who would pocket all the money from players registration sales. Interesting new perspective…

Edited by Phuket Ram

23 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/concerning-detail-emerges-regarding-chris-kirchners-derby-county-ownership-pursuit/

Ck paid 1.6 million to keep the club afloat, the article suggests thar if he fails to get the club he loses that money.

"

reassuring recent example to look to for Derby supporters would be the case of Wigan Athletic.

With very few senior players available and a less than ideal summer transfer window, the Latics battled for their lives at the bottom end of League One for almost the entirety of the 2020/21 campaign, and heroically stayed up by one point.

The spirit is definitely in place at Derby to replicate that achievement if not improve on it, and with Wigan strengthening enormously to take the League One title in 2021/22, there is hope that this will be a brief spell in League One for the Rams."

Im not sure iv got the stomach for another against the odds relegation scrap while our now noisy neighbours dine out in premiership swanky land 

42 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Yeah I agree. Obviously we can’t take them as 100% fact but it is worrying.

I do think as Derby is more in the public eye then he would be more willing to try and make things work, but I do really feel for the staff…it must be hard to watch him playing golf with professionals and looking to buy football clubs whilst you’re not getting paid to do your job. 

It is a worry as we have no control of the future, whoever the new owner is they will be the Captain of the good ship Derby County and we go in whatever direction they decide. ?

30 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

He'd have to be careful, EMA from Fort Worth is at the upper end of the G550 range, £20,000,000 in £50 would weight approximately 400kg, plus the suitcases, with wings full of fuel, he might need to empty the drinks cabinet ?

You are allowed to land and refuel. 

14 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

You are allowed to land and refuel. 

He might fall foul of these regulations, I suppose he could always claim it was his pocket money. 

Take cash in and out of the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

You must declare cash of £10,000 or more to UK customs if you’re carrying it between Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and a country outside the UK.

If you’re travelling as a family or group with more than £10,000 in total (even if individuals are carrying less than that) you still need to make a declaration.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

44 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Alternatively, he could sell his plane in the UK and use the cash to buy Derby.  Fly back to the US with the plebs, then buy himself a new plane!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Thank you.

The liquidator can sell the badge, but to whom.  Lg2 yes it will sell; div 14, no it won't.  There is no value in the name if not a football club in a recognised professional league.

I'm not a lawyer, so will not contend against the holding player argument - it is in black and white.  It doesn't sound very enforceable in the real world, however. 

Who would pay the ongoing salaries? The league?  Why would anyone bid, on expectation they'd be released after a matter of weeks?  The same situation with regards administration for the Club would move to the players.  Agents would recommend players did nothing as they would likely get more salary by waiting a matter of weeks and having no transfer fee.  If they are being paid, delay.    

Employment law would also supercede.   All Bury players were released with two weeks notice.

The liquidator doesn’t hold the badge and name, the league do, they would sell it to the highest bidder (Ashley?).

The value is still the customer base, a rebuilt club heading back up the leagues would pick up the fans left behind. Rangers have done it in recent times, they’ve kept the badge, history and support. The stadium is available and only useful to an owner if there is a football club to play in it. We would have a case for playing high up in the National League because of our facilities and support, a league in which there are already a number of professional clubs, Notts County, Chesterfield etc.

The league holds the player’s registrations, the few players we have left under contract would be instantly snapped up by clubs looking for a bargain. 

Edited by curb