The Administration Thread

Boycie

It's great news that a deal is ready to go on the sale of the stadium, but it depends on the sale of the club. At least Kirchners team pushed to get one of the biggest obstacles out of the way if his deal collapses.

Hopefully means Ashley or Applebly are ready to go if it's goes awry.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

i hope you're right, bit where is the source for knowing the money is with the MLC?

Posters suddenly started talking about it, but there never seemed to be a source 

Nixon has tweeted this...it's on here a few pages back, My information is the same as everyone else's, Only difference is I aint panicking...Yet!

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Someone's just spent over 300 million quid on a football club he owned as far from London as it's possible to get.  He can't have run down the bugger that much.

...and immediately criticised the state of the infrastructure. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12040/12433858/newcastle-united-owners-plan-upgrades-for-stadium-training-ground-academy-and-more

". Newcastle have trained at Darsley Park since 2003, but Staveley has said the facilities are "really awful" and must be improved, and that St James' Park "needs a little bit of love."

"There's no point having fantastic players if there's nowhere suitable for them to train," Staveley also said 

What isn't so attractive is the condition of the club: the stadium certainly needs work done to it and a lick of paint, and the consortium are well aware of that.

"Amanda Staveley described the training ground as 'awful' last week, so that's something she'll want to either completely start again, or refurbish, but I'd imagine they'd want to rip it up and start again.  " 

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-uniteds-owners-planning-st-jamess-park-renovation-and-expansion-3623326

Expansion was never on Ashley’s agenda – the billionaire ditched plans for a 60,000 ground drawn up by the previous administration – and the stadium was neglected.

The club is already working on plans for internal refurbishments for areas which badly need updating.

For many years, Newcastle fans mocked the pink seats at the Stadium of Light. The reality, however, was that St James’s Park also badly needed a internal and external facelift, something which has been underlined by photographs circulated on social media over the past few years. There were pictures of peeling paint, damp toilets, tiny TVs and dangling cables.

However, the figures told a different story. Just £200,000 was spent on infrastructure in 2019/20. Damningly, the club spent a “feeble” £11million on infrastructure under Ashley up to July 2020, according to analysis from Swiss Ramble"

Sounds absolutely wonderful! 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

It looks as though, certainly from the video today, Kirchner isn’t going to be the man that becomes the owner of this football club. Nevertheless, a lot of things have been sorted out with his ownership in mind so hopefully it wasn’t completely wasted time. 

Anyone coming to the table now knows exactly the deal in place, essentially the ground situation, so hopefully we can conclude something quickly. 

I do think it will be Ashley in the end, but with a minus 15 point deduction and no Rooney. I’d imagine it’s going to be quite the year struggle next season given the time frames we’re working towards and the potential pitfalls in the way. I also think crowds will be WAY down too, especially if we go into the season without a squad or manager in place. 

We need crowds even more than ever before.

16 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Ashley will not deal with the admin team at all. I reported earlier that he’d had conversations with the EFL. They’ve got a tricky job now. MA also wants to buy the club and pay creditors but doesn’t want to pay the admins a single penny after they refused to speak to him for months 

f*** me theres some egos at play with our club isnt there

36 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I'm assuming it's just money laundering checks..they can be bizarre at the best of times especially for large sums of money..seen deals held up for 4 or 5 days with no explanation or reason for the delays in checks..so still not worried yet..

Last year I gave my daughter £20,000 to help pay her deposit for a house the amount of hold ups were ridiculous and went on for weeks and yes I had to submit my financial details for it to be used which surprised me somewhat but it wasn’t allowed to happen without me cooperating including where the money came from and prove it was mine - it was enlightening to say the least 

Hi guys, avid reader and first time poster…….live in Deal on south coast, avid fan, get to games as much as possible, big ram on lounge wall, Tattoos and at a loss……I may of missed it but didn’t CK have to put a hefty non refundable deposit down when made PB?