The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

They could have continued with the force majeure appeal, as Wigan (who had less merit to their claim imo) did. 

Fair point although, the administrators would have had to satisfy an independent tribunal that force majeure was solely the reason for entering administration. Yes, Wigan did appeal but they lost.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I read about frustration at not getting things done but if the two bidders are offering less than is needed to meet the requirements of the EFL and creditors then I don’t see what else can be done.

I’m sure Quantuma will want to avoid a points deduction situation.

I also don’t want a Derby County that is despised for not paying its bills, especially to smaller businesses.

It’s enormously vexing day after day to come on here to no news, particularly as the resolution of the Middlesbrough situation was seen as a turning point.

I think it has affected the players and the fans that were packing Pride Park now show signs of resignation.

I think the takeover will be at the end of the season as many predicted it would be.

DCFC will survive but there are more tough days ahead.

Administration is in essence a last resort .

Not all the bills will be paid unless you have some cash to pay them ! .

Its happened before to the likes of Boro and Leicester etc 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This is what we are up against. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

22h

Bury couldn’t play anywhere at the time … no money. Macclesfield were out of the EFL when they went pop.

Quote Tweet

Luke

@lukerichards101

· 22h

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Why should they be allowed into League two when bury and Macclesfield were dumped into non League?

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

22h

There’s a process if it happens … could get allowed into League Two … depends exactly WHEN it happens though. If it happens.

Quote Tweet

Serious question Curtains

Why do you read the garbage that Nixon puts on twitter, You know he spouts crap?...ie Mike Ashley withdraws his interrest!

Can't see a way out of this as it stands.

I can see Qs logic in wanting to keep players in January, securing championship status and being more attractive to buyers... But that is just MM all over again, gambling our future on the off chance we might achieve the improbable.

Hope of staying up or getting out of administration any time soon look very remote possibilities, and then the vicious circle of losing players for free, losing value and being of no worth to any potential buyer sets in.

If we start losing players on frees because we can't extend contracts we are doomed long term, not only do we become even less competitive bit that is millions of potential future profit gone and our future wiped out. Surely it is also restriction of business - okay, I get we can't go giving Tom a 30k a week extension but either the FA allow us to sign contract extensions with the likes of Cashin, Thompson, Ebosele, Eboowei etc or on the off chance we survive we likely end up spending even more per week on journey men to fill the squad anyway.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Harry Redknapp must have been licking his lips when he heard Wayne say he will need 40 new players for next season. Could I suggest that during the international break Rooney and Rosenior should do some scouting at div 1 and 2 games . There will be some gems out there.

Only 5 players under contract beyond the summer. 40 signings is about right when we need first team and U23 players, although hopefully much lower if we're finally allowed to offer contract to players already at the club.

40 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Serious question Curtains

Why do you read the garbage that Nixon puts on twitter, You know he spouts crap?...ie Mike Ashley withdraws his interrest!

Other people are talking to him saying it isn’t fair what Derby are doing.

Just trying to point out the misconceptions other clubs fans perceive us to be .

To be honest I don’t want to be doom and gloom but can’t even see other clubs allowing us to go into League 2 even when the clubs vote. .

The only thing I cling on to is a serious buyer which seems more and more remote by the day.

Hope I’m wrong 

Edited by Curtains
Added

21 minutes ago, Rample said:

Can't see a way out of this as it stands.

I can see Qs logic in wanting to keep players in January, securing championship status and being more attractive to buyers... But that is just MM all over again, gambling our future on the off chance we might achieve the improbable.

Hope of staying up or getting out of administration any time soon look very remote possibilities, and then the vicious circle of losing players for free, losing value and being of no worth to any potential buyer sets in.

If we start losing players on frees because we can't extend contracts we are doomed long term, not only do we become even less competitive bit that is millions of potential future profit gone and our future wiped out. Surely it is also restriction of business - okay, I get we can't go giving Tom a 30k a week extension but either the FA allow us to sign contract extensions with the likes of Cashin, Thompson, Ebosele, Eboowei etc or on the off chance we survive we likely end up spending even more per week on journey men to fill the squad anyway.

I think not being allowed to extend young players contracts is even worse than any 15 penalty. It’s just piling on the penalties for being in admin. 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Other people are talking to him saying it isn’t fair what Derby are doing.

Just trying to point out the misconceptions other clubs fans perceive us to be .

To be honest I don’t want to be doom and gloom but can’t even see other clubs allowing us to go into League 2 even when the clubs vote. .

The only thing I cling on to is a serious buyer which seems more and more remote by the day.

Hope I’m wrong 

If, and it’s still a big if that no one will want to buy us (and we still might stay up anyway), why do you think that clubs won’t want us in the league - 1 or 2?

We bring with us good support, and therefore income; the prospect of playing at a well known/big stadium; media and Sky attention - fame and fortune and everything that goes with it.  In short we will be a prize, especially in the lower leagues.  There is no such thing as ‘the football family’ with altruistic views. Chairmen think with their wallets and we will, certainly for the first couple of seasons at least, be box office.  And that’s before the health and safety police start to wonder about the wisdom of our supporters descending upon non league grounds and towns.

But before all that becomes an issue just keep clinging on to the positive thoughts. Keep positive.

21 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Really don’t get this ‘I am not going to follow DCFC 2022’ (if it happens). I would accept it if anyone was at the first game in 1884, but anyone else is just on some nostalgic and sentimental nosedive imo. 

I've already stated that I'd almost certainly walk away... but mainly as I haven't got a clue how to change my username!   ?

2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

If, and it’s still a big if that no one will want to buy us (and we still might stay up anyway), why do you think that clubs won’t want us in the league - 1 or 2?

We bring with us good support, and therefore income; the prospect of playing at a well known/big stadium; media and Sky attention - fame and fortune and everything that goes with it.  In short we will be a prize, especially in the lower leagues.  There is no such thing as ‘the football family’ with altruistic views. Chairmen think with their wallets and we will, certainly for the first couple of seasons at least, be box office.  And that’s before the health and safety police start to wonder about the wisdom of our supporters descending upon non league grounds and towns.

But before all that becomes an issue just keep clinging on to the positive thoughts. Keep positive.

If more than 8 clubs vote against it we won’t be allowed in League2 

Yes we need to keep positive I agree but it’s sometimes difficult ? 

Edited by Curtains

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If more than 8 clubs vote against it we won’t be allowed in League2 

Yes we need to keep positive I agree but it’s sometimes difficult ? 

Are we sure about that? After one of the journalist (can't remember which one) suggested any such vote would need to be 90% in favour I tried to find the rule. All I found was that 90% would need to be in favour of increasing membership above 72 clubs. I couldn't find anything that stated how many would need to vote in favour of how the numbers would be brought back up to 72 (admitting a new club, reducing the number relegated from L2 or allowing another to be promoted from the National League) if a team were expelled.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are we sure about that? After one of the journalist (can't remember which one) suggested any such vote would need to be 90% in favour I tried to find the rule. All I found was that 90% would need to be in favour of increasing membership above 72 clubs. I couldn't find anything that stated how many would need to vote in favour of how the numbers would be brought back up to 72 (admitting a new club, reducing the number relegated from L2 or allowing another to be promoted from the National League) if a team were expelled.

It was Nixon who said it and I think it’s correct and the 72 clubs certainly have to vote .

The guy is often on the money .

This article suggests we have been stitched up

https://fanbanter.co.uk/journalist-claims-derby-have-been-stitched-up-by-majority-of-72-efl-clubs/

Not fully caught up yet, so apologies if I have this wrong, but I actually think it's a good thing (and such a relief!) that Mel & @David are now officially cleared of all blame, and that this whole sorry mess was actually all the doing of Dr Shipman and Fred West.
It's all starting to make sense now!  They really were the pits, those two!  

Right... back to page 1061...

7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I said to myself at the start of this week that I wouldn't look on this thread as much as what I was doing.

I'd started to get my life back on track and even started talking to most family members again.

As soon as I enter here again though I feel like I've relapsed 

Oh really you think the reality of the situation is not serious then .

Fair play to you .

I think when our problems sink in you might be more depressed than me. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe. Not sure 15 point deduction is automatic. Hope we don’t qualify for it anyway but we will see.

Thought it was mandatory if any new owner fails to pay a certain percentage to creditors and i think puts the club under harsher conditions from the EFL regarding wages/recruitment etc.